The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Well. I had my driving test today and I failed. To be honest I had 9 minors and 1 serious for change of speed..... I thought the car behind me was overtaking...... Well doing a retest now. Should be fine next time

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Failed for the second time today, feeling inexpressibly unhappy. I thought I drove quite well! Failing just makes me lose confidence :frown: The examiner didn't even wait for my instructor when giving feedback and he made me stop the vehicle in spaces that didn't belong to the DSA. Wtf?! Not to mention that I failed for completely different things than the first attempt.

Tbh I am sooo disillusioned with these driving examiners atm, the whole test is so fluid and it is so easy to fail drivers. And yes I bloody believe they have quotas.

If the price of failing wasn't so huge I think I'd be okay with it. Not to mention the look on mum's face. Hmph been crying non-stop all day.
Reply 182
Original post by narnoora45
Failed for the second time today, feeling inexpressibly unhappy. I thought I drove quite well! Failing just makes me lose confidence :frown: The examiner didn't even wait for my instructor when giving feedback and he made me stop the vehicle in spaces that didn't belong to the DSA. Wtf?! Not to mention that I failed for completely different things than the first attempt.

Tbh I am sooo disillusioned with these driving examiners atm, the whole test is so fluid and it is so easy to fail drivers. And yes I bloody believe they have quotas.

If the price of failing wasn't so huge I think I'd be okay with it. Not to mention the look on mum's face. Hmph been crying non-stop all day.

First of all stop crying. It's ok to fail, it can happen. I failed as well for the second time (today). I failed because of a serious fault. Which is unfortunate. However it's expensive and we have to live with it. Have more practice and relax yourself for your next test. Treat it as a lesson.

Reply 183
Original post by narnoora45

Tbh i took multiple attempts to pass my test and failed for completely different things each time as well.

Although i realised, the only reason they fail you is if you're making serious/dangerous mistakes that could put or other road users in danger.

They don't have Quotes, at all. Fact. They're the the line of defence we have against unsafe people on the roads.

Dont worry about the money. In a year or so you won't remember/care about the money. Just the fact you can drive. Just remember the feedback the examiner gave you and practise.
Reply 184
I failed mine today. 8 minors, 1 serious and a dangerous. How do you rebook your test quickly without waiting a few weeks I think the earliest I saw was in August.
Reply 185
Original post by puma21
I failed mine today. 8 minors, 1 serious and a dangerous. How do you rebook your test quickly without waiting a few weeks I think the earliest I saw was in August.

You have to wait till August. That's the earliest test in your test centre. Check other centre for earlier ones. Failing makes passing just longer

failed today, went straight on a mini roundabout when i was meant to go right and i even signalled right :facepalm: then stalled two times on the next mini roundabout (and i never stall in lessons!), then hit the curb on my parallel parking and again when i pulled up, then stalled on a big roundabout and tried to start the engine again in 3rd gear which was an epic epiccc fail :L then to top it off when i went back to the test centre and parked up i stalled again and was diagonally parked on the bays lool then the examiner goes 'thankyou' lool so bloody depressing :sigh: ohwell second time lucky hopefully..
Reply 187
after months of reading the posts in this forum i finally passed my driving test on tuesday last week, i failed two times before. this was my 3rd try and i was so nervous omg. i nearly passed out lol. i had a female examiner who was so grumpy and uptight i really thought that i was gonna fail. but i did it,

i just want to say don't give up guys no matter how many times you fail.xxx :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::biggrin:
Original post by puma21

Check for cancellations everyday. I presume you booked your test date on the internet. You are allowed to change it three times.

There are quite a few for some reason or other and as long as you are flexible on times. Early Friday mornings used have loads of cancellations.

You cant book a new test date less than 10 working days after your last test.
Reply 189
Yeah passed first time with one minor, and that was only because i left my indicator on, probably one of the most easiest things ive ever done
Original post by adamc02
Yeah passed first time with one minor, and that was only because i left my indicator on, probably one of the most easiest things ive ever done

Go away. :'(
Just failed for "getting too close to a parked car". She nudged the wheel even though i was atleast 20cm away (mirror to mirror) travelling slowly as it was a main road with cars on either side and oncoming traffic. I don't mind failing, but I'd rather fail for something that isn't a retarded reason. Other than that got a handful of scattered minors which were no biggie.
Some cyclist jumped a red light and i didnt see him. bastard.
this was years ago and I've passed now but I had a bizarre first driving test

I did test, it went okay - the guy never said anything or put the brakes on/ had to do anything

then at the end I pulled up, hopeful of passing and he handed me the thing.

I had failed it SIX times over!

was completely shocked

anyway I took it again and passed with the same instructor a month later so :s that was weird
For those who have failed/are worried about failing - I passed on my 3rd attempt, so it's doable :smile:. What helped me personally was explaining out loud what I saw (e.g. speed signs) and why I'd decided to make particular decisions (e.g. it's a narrow road and I am unsure about oncoming traffic). I could have got done so, so many times for things like undue hesitation, but because I explained my actions out-loud, it seemed to help the examiner understand where I was coming from.

As a result, I passed with only 2 minors - ironically both for speeding, and on the same stretch of road. lol.
Reply 195
I failed the first time I took my driving test. It was a reallllyyy bad fail, I have never driven so bad as I did that day!! (I didn't know what to expect and my left leg was shaking all the way through it! Not to mention I was not ready for the test but my instructor let me go for it anyway... ¬.¬)

I don't know how many major/minors I got that day, the bit of paper which tells you was never given to me (even though it's meant to be mine, and I wanted to have a look... my instructor kept it)

It really dinted my confidence and my dad had been paying for lessons and paid for my practical test for me, I started off with a few lessons pre-paid for as a birthday gift. I felt so bad that he had spent all this money and I failed!!

Anyway it was a while before I got back into it (about a year maybe) as I waited until I got a job and could pay for them myself! (Which I felt better about!)

I got a new instructor, who I now believe is a much better instructor, for me at least anyway! I booked my test after learning with him for a while and felt much more confident than the first time!

I just took that test last Tuesday and failed!

The examiner was really nice which helped me a bit, but I was SO nervous when I first got in the car and knew that I just needed a couple of minutes to relax a bit and I would be okay.

He asked me to do my manoeuvre right then before I'd even moved the car. "Just pull out of here and reverse back in"

My mind just went blank. Not half an hour earlier I had just done this perfect! I've heard people saying their mind has went blank but never actually experienced it until then. After a few very bad attempts he said to me "I'm sorry there's nothing more we can do here" so I knew right then I had failed - so weirdly I was really relaxed for the rest of it! I only got 2 minors in the end. I was so gutted, just wished he had waited to give me the manoeuvre... I know I would have been able to do it later on in the test.

Ah well, 3rd time lucky I guess!!
So I have my third re-take on an early morning at the 8:10am slot...
The past two I took at 10/11 slots.. I've been having earlier morning lessons but I dont know.... i just booked this one cause it was the earliest cancellation, who's had their tests early am and how was it? I think somehow it will be worse for me but I am practicing but then again I just feel bad about the time ://
I failed for my first time on Monday!
The examiner was really positive about how it had gone overall - he said for the first 3/4 it had been going really well and I'd made almost no mistakes. I don't know why but I just couldn't stay calm after that point, and when I started to stress things started going wrong. 5 minors and one serious fault - the serious fault was an error of judgement at a junction, I tried to turn in to it when the oncoming traffic was coming along faster than I had realised so they had to slow down/stop for me. I knew when it happened that it would be the cause of me failing so after that I just wanted to get back and finish so I ended up being more careless than I should have been.
Got a new test booked for 4 weeks from now.
Original post by gupta-mhm-mhm-mhm
So I have my third re-take on an early morning at the 8:10am slot...
The past two I took at 10/11 slots.. I've been having earlier morning lessons but I dont know.... i just booked this one cause it was the earliest cancellation, who's had their tests early am and how was it? I think somehow it will be worse for me but I am practicing but then again I just feel bad about the time ://

I took my 4th test at 8:20 and it really helped that I didn't hang around waiting so long and I wasn't as nervous. A lot of tests at that time are taken on quieter estates (according to my old instructor) as they don't want to be stuck in rush hour traffic. I passed with 3 minors :smile:
Good luck!!
Original post by Kashiaka
I failed the first time I took my driving test. It was a reallllyyy bad fail, I have never driven so bad as I did that day!! (I didn't know what to expect and my left leg was shaking all the way through it! Not to mention I was not ready for the test but my instructor let me go for it anyway... ¬.¬)

I don't know how many major/minors I got that day, the bit of paper which tells you was never given to me (even though it's meant to be mine, and I wanted to have a look... my instructor kept it)

It really dinted my confidence and my dad had been paying for lessons and paid for my practical test for me, I started off with a few lessons pre-paid for as a birthday gift. I felt so bad that he had spent all this money and I failed!!

Anyway it was a while before I got back into it (about a year maybe) as I waited until I got a job and could pay for them myself! (Which I felt better about!)

I got a new instructor, who I now believe is a much better instructor, for me at least anyway! I booked my test after learning with him for a while and felt much more confident than the first time!

I just took that test last Tuesday and failed!

The examiner was really nice which helped me a bit, but I was SO nervous when I first got in the car and knew that I just needed a couple of minutes to relax a bit and I would be okay.

He asked me to do my manoeuvre right then before I'd even moved the car. "Just pull out of here and reverse back in"

My mind just went blank. Not half an hour earlier I had just done this perfect! I've heard people saying their mind has went blank but never actually experienced it until then. After a few very bad attempts he said to me "I'm sorry there's nothing more we can do here" so I knew right then I had failed - so weirdly I was really relaxed for the rest of it! I only got 2 minors in the end. I was so gutted, just wished he had waited to give me the manoeuvre... I know I would have been able to do it later on in the test.

Ah well, 3rd time lucky I guess!!

Should have just nudged the car a lil forward and reversed a lil back. Hehe. Nah, I pray you pass next time. My test is next week Saturday. I HATE all 3 manoeuvres but reverse corner in the road the most.

You said a few very bad attempts, he let you do it more than once?

Latest

Trending

Trending