Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate "I failed my driving test!" Thread ‎-MK II

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizan_K97)
    Im just angry because i waited a solid 2 months and my error shouldnt have even been a major in my view because overall, even the examiner said, it was that one mistake... I just hate how they think ill learn from failing and not just redoing quickly to has things over. But on a real note i just see it as them making more money... Piss take, im a better/safer driver than half the people i know :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im sorry to hear this I found an early test very quickly by using this website: www.driving-test-cancellations-4all.co.uk They have found 17 cancellations for me so far (I started using this website in August). Hope this helps and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by komalshari)
    I had my test yesterday and failed on a wrong lane change! I knew the examiner hated me as soon as the test started cos I kept stuttering. I feel gutted that I have to wait another 2 months for another test plus I can't afford another 8+ lessons. Any ideas of what I can do to get something earlier? (That Saturday test sounds pretty good but how do you get it?)
    Im on the same boat. You basically have to keep checking the website for booking and just maybe that Golden date will show up keep at it! Keep me updated too, also where abouts are you from big populated cities tend to be the longest wait but unlike me i live in a not to hugely populated kettering the reason for a long wait is DSA themselves just being so **** by having like 2 guys and thats it starts at 9am- 3.30pm thats it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Im sorry to hear this I found an early test very quickly by using this website: www.driving-test-cancellations-4all.co.uk They have found 17 cancellations for me so far (I started using this website in August). Hope this helps and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I started using that yeasterday XD yea hopefully i find a results... Nothing yet i even paid for 10 min checks rather than every 20 minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had my test yesterday and failed on a wrong lane change! I knew the examiner hated me as soon as the test started cos I kept stuttering. I feel gutted that I have to wait another 2 months for another test plus I can't afford another 8+ lessons. Any ideas of what I can do to get something earlier? (That Saturday test sounds pretty good but how do you get it?)
    Have a look at my post further down

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I started using that yeasterday XD yea hopefully i find a results... Nothing yet i even paid for 10 min checks rather than every 20 minutes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I paid for 5 min checks and they sent me a cancellation the day after I signed up:awesome: Don't worry there's always cancellations. When do you want your test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im on the same boat. You basically have to keep checking the website for booking and just maybe that Golden date will show up keep at it! Keep me updated too, also where abouts are you from big populated cities tend to be the longest wait but unlike me i live in a not to hugely populated kettering the reason for a long wait is DSA themselves just being so **** by having like 2 guys and thats it starts at 9am- 3.30pm thats it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it does depend where you live, but I live in a small county called bedford and the Saturday test isn't even available where I live I've checked so many times and even signed up to all these driving cancellation websites (free trials for now) but they can't seem to find me anything!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it does depend where you live, but I live in a small county called bedford and the Saturday test isn't even available where I live I've checked so many times and even signed up to all these driving cancellation websites (free trials for now) but they can't seem to find me anything!!
    Yea man youre not too far away from where i live... Its just a pain failing a safe driver and stuff. I just dont agree with the way they work. Anyways keep me updated since im just in my room all depressed and **** and sicth form starts back up on the 4th so im just like shiiiit man...keep going though we should find something...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yea man youre not too far away from where i live... Its just a pain failing a safe driver and stuff. I just dont agree with the way they work. Anyways keep me updated since im just in my room all depressed and **** and sicth form starts back up on the 4th so im just like shiiiit man...keep going though we should find something...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel your pain! I was driving so safe and keeping to the speed limits but apparently minor mistakes cost you the whole test :/ the depressions kicking in since I'm starting A2 next week aswell
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I failed my first test yesterday... 2 serious, 1 dangerous and 3 minors. First serious was because I got confused when I was asked to turn right at the lights- where I was going into was divided by pavement, so people went in on one side and went out on the other, there were no cars waiting, and Id just been through two similar junctions whrre you turned into the lane after the pavement so I signalled, and went past the first (which was correct in this instance) glanced down the second, realised I should have gone into the earler one, cancelled my singal, checked my mirrors and carried on as it was too late to safely turn but I got a serious because I confused other drivers with my signalling.

Second serious was because after doing my parallel park, I was ready to move off, I checked my blind spot and mirrors, and slowly began to move out, I had moved all of 6 inches when a car turned into the road so I signalled to show him I was waiting to move out but as he was so close, I stopped and let him go through as I didnt want to slow him down. But I was apparently an obstruction (by less than 6 inches) so I got a serious.

My dangerous was because my examiner asked me to pull pver- which I did safely, then she asked me to move off and I checked my mirrors, nobody was there so I started to move off, then a taxi turned into the road so I indicated right and again let him pass before moving off safely behind him. I got the dangerous because I should have stopped, the signalled, then moved off apparently.

Everyone just thinks I had a really harsh examiner

Oh and my minors were: gears, hesitancy and observation (didnt check my right blind spot after emergency stop)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think its common to fail the driving test first time (the practical more so than the theory test) plus because young drivers are more likely to be involved in accidents, so they probably make the test extra hard if you are a young driver...ok, i don't know how to drive but just my own opinion
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just re-checked the DSA and there was a slot for an earlier date thank god! So I would just keep checking every few hours
    • 76 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snookiepuss93)
    I failed my first test yesterday... 2 serious, 1 dangerous and 3 minors. First serious was because I got confused when I was asked to turn right at the lights- where I was going into was divided by pavement, so people went in on one side and went out on the other, there were no cars waiting, and Id just been through two similar junctions whrre you turned into the lane after the pavement so I signalled, and went past the first (which was correct in this instance) glanced down the second, realised I should have gone into the earler one, cancelled my singal, checked my mirrors and carried on as it was too late to safely turn but I got a serious because I confused other drivers with my signalling.

Second serious was because after doing my parallel park, I was ready to move off, I checked my blind spot and mirrors, and slowly began to move out, I had moved all of 6 inches when a car turned into the road so I signalled to show him I was waiting to move out but as he was so close, I stopped and let him go through as I didnt want to slow him down. But I was apparently an obstruction (by less than 6 inches) so I got a serious.

My dangerous was because my examiner asked me to pull pver- which I did safely, then she asked me to move off and I checked my mirrors, nobody was there so I started to move off, then a taxi turned into the road so I indicated right and again let him pass before moving off safely behind him. I got the dangerous because I should have stopped, the signalled, then moved off apparently.

Everyone just thinks I had a really harsh examiner

Oh and my minors were: gears, hesitancy and observation (didnt check my right blind spot after emergency stop)
    You got two majors in the same area. That's not a harsh examiner. That's you having a weekness you need to fix.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had to push my test date back by 3 weeks because my test clashed with my uni timetable Hoping I find a test date for september, the closet ones are the end of October
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't even told anything about this by anyone until i asked... But i dont think i will be able to find a test, it seems impossible since the earliest one right now is in Nov!! ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you actually booked a test yet?
    I might be wrong but I had to book a test for late September, and then reschedule that to actually be able to see the Saturday tests in early August.
    And I know how annoying it is to be failed for little things too, even my examiner basically said that he should of passed me first time when I got him again the second, it doesn't mean your a bad driver, it really is down to luck/bad luck most the time!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't even told anything about this by anyone until i asked... But i dont think i will be able to find a test, it seems impossible since the earliest one right now is in Nov!! ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try different test centres maybe, rather than just the one closest to you?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try other test centres around your area. Also, I only had 1 lesson and the hour before my test between failing and passing. You don't seem to have failed on something too serious so I'd stick my neck out saying you're probably a good driver anyway, you just need a couple of hours to practise manouveres in your instructors car?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerrydouglas)
    Try other test centres around your area. Also, I only had 1 lesson and the hour before my test between failing and passing. You don't seem to have failed on something too serious so I'd stick my neck out saying you're probably a good driver anyway, you just need a couple of hours to practise manouveres in your instructors car?
    It's true, I thought I generally drove well but I guess the nerves got to me :/ the examiner seemed so stingy and made me quite uncomfortable too. But I'll guess I'll have to see next time
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's true, I thought I generally drove well but I guess the nerves got to me :/ the examiner seemed so stingy and made me quite uncomfortable too. But I'll guess I'll have to see next time
    Yup! Next time- try and get an early test time so you've not got as much time for the nerves to build up that day. Then just remind yourself every now and then that it's not the end of the world if you fail😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have just failed my 2nd test at west wickham examiner Ashley ask me to pull over on a main road with traffic building up. Check my mirrors, signalled left and slowdown a bit but could not pull over as the car behind was too close he then ask again you have to pull over then checked mirror and pulled over but when pulling over my front wheel touched the kerb. That's it . I failed.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 29, 2014
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.