Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate "I failed my driving test!" Thread ‎-MK II

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbieare)
    i definitely would recommend having lessons before your test, i really don't think not having any will benefit you at all
    Hey thx for reading. My next test is on the 16th Oct, I will have a few refreshers when were in that month mainly because I feel having more in Sept will not help me be anymore test ready.

Throughout my many lessons i've always drove well, I just need to do everything I did on my first test again better and at least I know what to expect now.

I know i'll probably get a harder route next time but what can yo do.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherlock5545)
    Have some lessons a few days before the next test. Six weeks is quite a long wait, you may end up feeling unprepared if you don't drive at all before then.

I will at the start of October.
    1h on 1st
    1h on 6th
    1h on 10th
    1h on 14th
    1h on Test day 16th

Having more lessons now wouldn't be worth it, plus i've spent so much on driving lately i need to recoup.

*Wow lots of people booked tests 2day, there were tests available on Monday 13th Oct earlier now nothing till 20th.

Also knowing you'll have to wait 6 to 7 weeks if you fail again SUCKS :mad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So happy i passed this morning (second attempt) the only thing i can say is keep looking! I found a cancellation on the 11th day i failed so **** you November 18th!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mizan_K97)
    So happy i passed this morning (second attempt) the only thing i can say is keep looking! I found a cancellation on the 11th day i failed so **** you November 18th!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *from the 11th day

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I failed my test today with two minors and one major, the major was because a boy walked out between cars in front of me and I had to stop suddenly, the examiner said I should have seen him early and apparently it was obvious he was going to walk into the road without looking, I thought at the time because I stopped safeley and let him cross that it may be a minor, I am gutted because it it wasn't for that boy not looking I would have easily passed with two minors!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I failed for the second time on the 4th.

First time failing was for driving too close to a bicycle. The guy literally cut across traffic and was riding next to me and I freaked out and didn't know what to do so I just carried on with my speed (about 20mph) instead of slowing down.

Second time I failed was just a massive mess. I'd gotten my car on the 1st September brand new so I hadn't gotten used to the car. It was a lot smaller than what I was used to and I just kept stalling in it at every possible moment. In the end, I failed for hesitation, observation, and I just messed up my reverse around the corner majorly as I forgot I was in a smaller car and didn't need to turn the wheel as much. I definitely was not ready for that test, I don't think 3 days was enough to practise in my new car.

Booked my next test 4th November but hopefully there will be cancellations for mid-October and I can take it at the Greenford test centre. Third time lucky?!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ive got my third test on Monday and I'm so nervous. My first test I failed with 1 serious and 7 minors and my second I failed with 1 serious and 3 minors.

What makes it worse is that its my last chance at my test before I go to uni and if I fail this one then I won't be able to take another for at least until Christmas, by which time I'll be too out of practice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Ive got my third test on Monday and I'm so nervous. My first test I failed with 1 serious and 7 minors and my second I failed with 1 serious and 3 minors.

What makes it worse is that its my last chance at my test before I go to uni and if I fail this one then I won't be able to take another for at least until Christmas, by which time I'll be too out of practice
    Good luck!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looks like i'm back to lessons this month as I found a slot at the end of this month instead of October 16th.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DinosaursLayEggs)
    I failed for the second time on the 4th.

First time failing was for driving too close to a bicycle. The guy literally cut across traffic and was riding next to me and I freaked out and didn't know what to do so I just carried on with my speed (about 20mph) instead of slowing down.

Second time I failed was just a massive mess. I'd gotten my car on the 1st September brand new so I hadn't gotten used to the car. It was a lot smaller than what I was used to and I just kept stalling in it at every possible moment. In the end, I failed for hesitation, observation, and I just messed up my reverse around the corner majorly as I forgot I was in a smaller car and didn't need to turn the wheel as much. I definitely was not ready for that test, I don't think 3 days was enough to practise in my new car.

Booked my next test 4th November but hopefully there will be cancellations for mid-October and I can take it at the Greenford test centre. Third time lucky?!
    The 4th was a bad day for both of us, what time was your test
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just passed on my third test with 5 minors!

My advice would be to get into the mindset that you're going to pass and just try to completely get rid of the nerves. Today when I passed I was in a completely different mindset to when I failed the first two times, I was confident and tried my best to not be nervous and it worked! Most importantly don't give up, I was on the verge of giving up after my second attempt but now I'm so glad that I didn't.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad I found this post makes me feel so much better!
    Failed my driving test for the second time today 6 minors, 1 major for not looking enough to the right on my reverse left, one silly mistake drove safe the rest of the time and she didn't even let it go, I was so angry when I finished haha always next time
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got my first test on Wednesday. It's at 3.27 and wondering whether I should go to school or not, any advice would be great too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Has anyone taken a test at Garrets Greent bham centre - test on fri at 1.35pm - first attempt and really nervous. any advice about the centre and the examiners. thanks
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Failed today Failed because apparantly steering was too close to parked cars on the right, and because I turned int oa junction that had a row of parked cars on the left side. So that whole lane was blocked, a jeeep is coming down, and we couldnt move, i couldnt reverse or id be reversing into left hand lane major road traffic, so the other guy had to move back. Apparantly that was my fault for not reacting fast enough and I should have stopped. (Even though it would be blocking the left hand major road lane).

So ****ing depressed right now, first time ive ever failed anything
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    sounds rubbish. was it busy? what centre? how many majors and minors?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Failed my first test today. 9 minors and 1 major. My major happened as we were driving back to the test centre which absolutely sucks... we got to a crossroads and I had to turn left. It was a very sharp corner which I had done many times before so I slowed right down, was in 2nd gear, and when I got to the corner I realised I hadn't slowed down enough, but continued around the corner. Ended up halfway in the other side of the road, but I did get myself back to the left very quickly. Still, it was a major... it came under 'steering' and I'm surprised it wasn't under lane discipline!

There is a silver lining though; I thought if I did fail it would be because of a roundabout, and I even thought I messed up two or three, yet I didn't get any majors for them which has boosted my confidence with them! The worst part, however, is that I move to university on Saturday so won't be able to take my test again until Christmas break... not ideal at all. I hope I don't forget everything by then...

So annoying knowing if it wasn't for that one major I would've passed. So close!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I failed my test today, I got a major when I hesitated at a roundabout. I am gutted, anyone got any advice for not being really nervous for the second one now I've failed?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.