The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AminaD
Failed my test today at literally the last 2 seconds. Pulled into a bay and slightly clipped the wall. Would have passed with 3 minors. Words cannot describe how crap I feel. Literally feel like being sick. It was my 4th attempt.
failed my 3rd with 0 minors. Was on a roundabout and a car was signalling to come off the exit before mine so I proceeded to go. The car then decided to cancel the indicator and carry on around the roundabout. Causing the examiner to hit the breaks. I feel like giving up :frown:

You should never pull out on an indicator.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3361
Original post by Shorty94
You should never pull out on an indicator.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They had left indicator on meaning they were going to come off the roundabout the exit before where I was.
Reply 3362
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Aww no :frown: Sorry about that :console::
Isn't it so annoying when you fail because of someone else?! :unimpressed:
Don't give up though! I've felt like that but I'm trying to be positive about it and get the test passed while the information is still in your head from your lessons

it is very annoying! Not as annoying as failing the last few seconds of the test because I clipped a bladdy wall. I could honestly punch myself. I have never been so gutted in my life. I just feel like there's no hope. So ashamed to say that my next attempt will be my 5th :frown:
Original post by AminaD
They had left indicator on meaning they were going to come off the roundabout the exit before where I was.

I know that. But never rely on someone's indicators. That shows you're still learning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AminaD
it is very annoying! Not as annoying as failing the last few seconds of the test because I clipped a bladdy wall. I could honestly punch myself. I have never been so gutted in my life. I just feel like there's no hope. So ashamed to say that my next attempt will be my 5th :frown:

How did you clip the wall? When doing a bay park or just getting into the bay?
Failed first time for indicating right but going straight on and not going into the box junction.
Failed second time about 40 minutes ago for going 40 in a 60 zone on the road going BACK to the driving test centre. I'm so angry I'm just shaking uncontrollably and I want to be sick.
I don't have the F*CKING MONEY to be paying for this. £93 on 3 theory tests in total, £204 so far on failed tests. I'm going to go ****ing mad. £106 to be told I failed on the last 10 seconds of my test. Punch me in the f*cking face.
I'm trying again and then that's it. I can't take this.
Reply 3366
I was just driving straight into the bay not bay park, so i guess i went in a tiny bit too far.
Reply 3367
Original post by daniiknappp
Failed first time for indicating right but going straight on and not going into the box junction.
Failed second time about 40 minutes ago for going 40 in a 60 zone on the road going BACK to the driving test centre. I'm so angry I'm just shaking uncontrollably and I want to be sick.
I don't have the F*CKING MONEY to be paying for this. £93 on 3 theory tests in total, £204 so far on failed tests. I'm going to go ****ing mad. £106 to be told I failed on the last 10 seconds of my test. Punch me in the f*cking face.

Hey please dont give up... i know how you feel i failed my 4th test today for something utterly stupid.... Failing second time really isnt bad believie me. I honestly know exactly how you feel. Imagine seeing the examiner pull out the Pass paper only to then FAIL because i slightly hit the wall. YES its expensive i agree 100% ive had to pay for 5 tests now and my theory is expiring very soon. But keep going you WILL pass eventually... everyone does... its initial shock ,,, im starting to get over it a little now but i know exactly what you mean ive just stopped crying and shacking from 11am. Pleaaaseeee dont give up

Don't give up!! It'll be better to pass it now rather than wait and have to retake your theory again. The money is annoying, seems like a waste of £62 to be told you can't drive when you can in lessons!

Original post by AminaD
I was just driving straight into the bay not bay park, so i guess i went in a tiny bit too far.

Oh wow that's not fair :frown: Weren't there any bays free that weren't by any walls? For my first test I just pulled into a bay in the middle of the car park to avoid any paths

So you actually failed for going too slow? That's ridiculous tbh, I never knew you could fail for that.

Don't give up though, just imagine how pleased you'll be on the next one when you pass
[QUOTE="StevenJH;51699341"]

So you actually failed for going too slow? That's ridiculous tbh, I never knew you could fail for that.

Don't give up though, just imagine how pleased you'll be on the next one when you pass

Yeah you can fail if you're too slow which may mean other cars behind you have to be slower/overtake you. I always get told I can get to about 10mph under the speed limit as a minimum but obviously that depends on road conditions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AminaD

It's because of these type of drivers that many fail their tests. That's why you should never rely on someone's indicator as Shorty said, if they're signalling left, wait for them to actually start turning before you set off. It's unlucky but I'm sure you'll pass next time! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
On a roundabout, don't look at their indicator; look at their wheels.
Original post by TWGC
Failed! 3 minors and 1 major :frown:

Some guy wasnt indicating on a roundabout and so I pulled out...

He then proceeded to come off the roundabout, how inconsiderate!

I couldn't be more annoyed..

Always next time i guess :frown:

I literally done the exact same thing today, went round about 6 more roundabouts all perfectly! thought she would let me off as all the others were perfect.

interestingly I felt a bit gutted it was a woman examiner, and I am a woman haha! Did anybody else have a preference?
Got my 6th and final (for now anyway) test tomorrow. No doubt I'll be posting on here afterwards haha! Wish me luck
Oh best of luck Lavender! We're rooting for you :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missslb
I literally done the exact same thing today, went round about 6 more roundabouts all perfectly! thought she would let me off as all the others were perfect.

interestingly I felt a bit gutted it was a woman examiner, and I am a woman haha! Did anybody else have a preference?

women examiners are worse. prefer men tbh
The only time you will fail is if you give up! :smile:
Failed again! 6th time.

Kind of used to it now! Got 6 minors and 2 majors. One was for turning right into a road when there was a car approaching (I thought it was a mini roundabout Wtf) it wasn't dangerous, the car didn't have to slam it's breaks on but it was still bad. Second was for being in the right hand lane at a junction and going straight ahead instead of right (weird staggered junction where straight ahead was over to the right anyway and I just assumed that was where I was meant to go!).

Had a parallel park as my manoeuvre, completely messed up and had to reverse about 10 feet and go forward to straighten up, managed to get away with a minor for that. Also had an emergency stop which was unusual! I'm fine with those though.

So now, my driving saga has come to an end, at least for the next few months. As I'm starting a new job with a commute and just don't have time for driving lessons. Maybe I'll book some in a while but for now I'm gonna concentrate on other stuff :smile:

Latest