Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate "I failed my driving test!" Thread ‎-MK II

Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    Damn that stall was unlucky Seems like that really messed you up

Awww no Did you just feel really nervous after failing the first time?
    I was like that too but calmed down when I got into the car. The third time my instructor told me to try and enjoy it, which does you give a more positive mindset
    Aww thanks and no not particularly and I'm not that bothered about passing it's weird D:
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Failed my fourth driving test last week and im really fed up! Each time ive been given 4 minors and 1 major, its like im cursed! Feel like im never going to do it and each time is worse as im scared of the failure 😒 does anyone have any positive stories they can give me to help with the stress?
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceangel8)
    Aww thanks and no not particularly and I'm not that bothered about passing it's weird D:
    Try getting into the mindset where you want to pass and know you can pass so you kind of boost yourself

(Original post by emdoggydog)
    Failed my fourth driving test last week and im really fed up! Each time ive been given 4 minors and 1 major, its like im cursed! Feel like im never going to do it and each time is worse as im scared of the failure does anyone have any positive stories they can give me to help with the stress?
    Sorry to hear that Do you keep getting the same major? or is it different things each time?
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Only just recently seen this thread and I was wondering from the perspective of somebody who has failed their test, do you think that the examiner out to fail you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I've got my second test next Friday, haven't driven since my first one... wasn't really planning on any more lessons, but my driving instructor seems to want me to do another one. Not sure what to do.
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWCW)
    I've got my second test next Friday, haven't driven since my first one... wasn't really planning on any more lessons, but my driving instructor seems to want me to do another one. Not sure what to do.
    Definitely have another one! Ive failed four times now and my biggest piece of advice would be to have more lessons in between each test. I was silly and only had one in between each of my last 3 tests! Have learnt now though and am having a month of lessons before my 5th! Good luck to you i hope you get it next time!
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that Do you keep getting the same major? or is it different things each time?
    The first time it was for hitting the kerb on my reverse around a corner, second was not signalling coming off a roundabout, third was getting too close to a cyclist and fourth staying to the lefy whilst turning right on a one way street! Its always something silly that lets me down, when im in my lessons i dont do any of these things!
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Passed my 2nd test with 2 minors 😊
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWCW)
    I would have one. I never had any between my first and second test, failed my first one on something stupid and didn't feel anymore lessons would help. But I took another lesson between my second and third tests and definitely found it helped. I had it the day before my test and found that I got most of the nerves and anxiety, that I'd built up, out of my system on that lesson allowing me to have what felt like an easier test.
    So I'd say have just one more lesson as close to your test as you can, you might not feel like it'll do anything but if your instructor thinks it's best then it probably is
  10. Online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malliemacie)
    Passed my 2nd test with 2 minors 😊
    Well done. How do you feel?
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Just booked my second test for 10th February! Came home from school jumped straight on the computer looking for cancellations and there it was! Delighted

Quite excited as I know I can do it, just one silly mistake that let me down last time. Hoping I don't get so nervous this time and this excitement helps me get through it!
  12. Online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaajMan)
    Just booked my second test for 10th February! Came home from school jumped straight on the computer looking for cancellations and there it was! Delighted

Quite excited as I know I can do it, just one silly mistake that let me down last time. Hoping I don't get so nervous this time and this excitement helps me get through it!
    I'm so glad you feel like that because I did on my second attempt and passed because I knew what I did wrong last time and i knew I was more than capable of nailing it. Good luck!!!
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SazzyM92)
    I'm so glad you feel like that because I did on my second attempt and passed because I knew what I did wrong last time and i knew I was more than capable of nailing it. Good luck!!!
    Thanks!!!
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for your next test, hope it goes well for you... its really disheartening when you fail your first for something so stupid let us know how you get off
    Thanks im confident I'll pass next time as I change the test centre and no what to expect now. You are right it is very frustrating and disheartening, but you just have to take it positively and stay strong and not give up. I'll definitely be letting you know whether I pass or fail by wednesday. Fingers crossed.

Good luck to you if you have your exam.
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SazzyM92)
    Well done. How do you feel?
    Im so happy was sure id failed because i was doing a parralel park and my wheel touched the kerb so i put it in first and corrected it, he only put it as a minor thank god so happy i dun av to sit another test they r so nerve wracking and i hate a really nice examiner this time and he put me at ease on the whole drive
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Passed my 2nd test with 2 minors
    Only just saw this but congrats!!
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Only just saw this but congrats!!
    Thank you 😊 just glad i havent got to sit another test

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 31, 2015
New on TSR

Everyday things you can't do

Why do they make everything so difficult?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.