The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JordanUK
But you didn't actually do anything wrong?

Well, I pulled out thinking he wasn't going in the direction I was. The examiner said my driving is fine, but because I was hesitant, I should've waited.
Reply 21
Original post by Gales
Well, I pulled out thinking he wasn't going in the direction I was. The examiner said my driving is fine, but because I was hesitant, I should've waited.

Oh thats unfortunate :frown:

I have my second driving test tomorrow. I'm super nervous!
Reply 22
Oh thats unfortunate :frown:

I have my second driving test tomorrow. I'm super nervous!

I know!

Good luck! :biggrin:
Failed my first driving test today :\
So annoying, especially when you've been doing so well in your lessons
6 minors and 2 majors :frown:
sad thing is that I've picked up NO driving faults for things I found hard in my lessons i.e. scary roundabouts round my test centre
I even got the easiest manoeuvre: turn in the road

Seeing as it is my first test, I'll take the experience away and hopefully stay positive and book another test soon
Reply 24
0oooowwww :frown: ... i fogot to turn right at a traffic light on my first test, and the examiner marked down 3 MAJORS for that!!! :|:| ...bloody stupid...haha
had my second today...yhh wasnt great failed again.....:/ mehh..and now i hav to wait till ma exams are over to book the next one..thats another 2 months..as there are no more dates...GRREAT
Reply 25
Original post by fringeboy
0oooowwww :frown: ... i fogot to turn right at a traffic light on my first test, and the examiner marked down 3 MAJORS for that!!! :|:| ...bloody stupid...haha
had my second today...yhh wasnt great failed again.....:/ mehh..and now i hav to wait till ma exams are over to book the next one..thats another 2 months..as there are no more dates...GRREAT

Original post by Gales
I know!

Good luck! :biggrin:

I failed my second today too. FML.
Original post by Brighten
Failed for the third time today. I came to the test really positive, thinking that after all this time I would finally get my license (I started learning in 2009 and had to re-sit my theory test as it expired). Within the first 5 minutes the instructor told me to slow down as I was going 35ish on a 30mph road that I had presumed was 40mph. After that I was really disappointed and lost concentration, did a few shuffly gear changes and indicated late. Then I speeded again on a 30mph stretch which joined a national speed limit road. At the end I had 1 serious fault and 9 minors. SIGH. So frustrating as I know that I can drive a lot better than people I know who passed first time. I must have close to 150 driving hours now. Booked yet another test in 2 and a half weeks.

You seem to be working on the same timeframe as me... Starting in 2009 and retaking the theory test :frown: I passed a few weeks back though, on my 5th attempt. Good luck for next time!!!
I failed my test today for the 3rd time. So annoyed :mad:

I took my first test back in March and I failed because I was travelling along a country road and I was approaching a sharp corner.. as I went to go down to 3rd gear I panicked and my gear wouldnt go in, so I stupidly forced it in and went into 1st gear instead :colondollar: I failed straight away because it was a serious fault and could have damaged the engine.

My 2nd test was at the end of March and I got the exact same route that I had on my first test. As I was approaching the same sharp corner I was concentrating on my gears too much (I was also on my independent driving) and he asked me to follow a sign for a specific place. I was then concentrating on the signs too much. As I approaced the dual carriageway I was slowing down (only in 2nd gear) and I thought "****" is this a slip road or give way :colondollar: I was turning left so I looked to my right to check if there was anyone coming and there was a guy speeding along about 100miles an hour. I went to break but the examiner thought I was going to proceed out onto the dual carriageway and quickly slammed on the breaks. I thought to myself "GIVE ME A CHANCE FS"

I was so annoyed as I keep failing on silly things due to my nerves. I get so worked up before a test and my legs, arms etc shake all the time. Iv tried everything... calms, batch rescue remedy etc.

I had my 3rd test today and 5 minutes before my test ended I was approaching a round about and the other driver was signalling to come off so I proceeded and as I pulled out he quickly changed into my lane and slowed right down behind me and I was so confused at what he was doing because he was meant to be turning off. I got a fail due to hesitancy. I was so angry!

I got told today before my test started that half the examiners from my test centre is covering another test centre so they can lower the waiting list, which does not make sense as I now have to wait 8 WEEKS to sit my next tests. I ended up getting a woman examiner today, who was a complete bitch to me, spoke to be like ****. Still so annoyed but hey ho! Its booked again for 8 weeks time but hopefully I get a cancellation between then as my instructor is pregnant and is leaving in over 4 weeks time for maternity leave.

The most stressful and annoying thing is the waiting and the money. Plus it makes me so frustrated because I can actually drive, I just get so nervous and dont know how to calm myself down. I think a trip to the doctors is in order, see if he can give me anything for it.

The examiner today, after telling me that I had failed said "you are an amazing driver and have a good wee driver in you, however, you randomly do some crazy things" - arghh how cheeky!

Better luck next time.... maybe? I give up if I fail again!
(edited 12 years ago)
I failed my second today too. FML.

Ditto
Reply 29
Passed in my third attempt today with 4 minors and it was raining the whole time during the test in London Chingford . Good luck to all .
Reply 30
Original post by Gales
Failed today. 6 minors, 1 major. :frown:

My reason too :frown:

This does my head in. I haven't failed for it but it really pisses me off when people just don't indicate correctly on roundabouts - and that people are failed for their mistakes. A friend of mine was failed for the very same reason. I'm overly cautious when there's another car on roundabouts now just in case it does happen.

Anyway, i booked my third test for June but will look for cancellations.

As opposed to the rather industrial and congested Hendon in London i am now taking a practical test in Reading where i grew up. I had a lesson the other week with a new instructor, in a new car (Seat Ibiza - drives beautifully). Hopefully i'll get to grips with handling the new car easily enough. It feels so nice driving in an area where i know the roads so well, so hopefully this will ease up my terrible nerves on the day.

After the lesson i had the other day the instructor told me i was a breath of fresh air (driving-wise herp) and the only shaky thing all lesson i did besides getting used to the car was not checking my left wing mirror once on a round about.

Let's hope this time i feel as at ease and confident in the exam as i do on the road!
Reply 31
Original post by lovefoolosophy94
I failed first time last week, booked it again for the 25th at 11:11am.
Failed with 7 minors and 3 serious :/

Ahhh i Passed my test 11.11 18th of july 2011, 3rd attempt.. I hope u passed, thats a lucky timejust realised ur tets was today? did u pass? figners crossed
Reply 32
Erg failed my first test a few days ago, with 1serios and 4 minors (3 for hesitations and 1 for grazing the curb just a tiny bit when I was stoping)
This is was at 8.20 am and he took me on a road where there was a primary school and only one car could fit in...

But anyway returned back to test centre and I failed on my bay parking, I was over the line :frown:
So it is my fault, the examiner was so lovely, made me feel at ease...
Reply 33
Original post by XCLNC
Erg failed my first test a few days ago, with 1serios and 4 minors (3 for hesitations and 1 for grazing the curb just a tiny bit when I was stoping)
This is was at 8.20 am and he took me on a road where there was a primary school and only one car could fit in...

But anyway returned back to test centre and I failed on my bay parking, I was over the line :frown:
So it is my fault, the examiner was so lovely, made me feel at ease...

Ah **** that's unlucky, you should pass easily next time though :smile:

Got my second test today :colone: feeling more confident than last time, lets see what happens...
Hey people just thought I'd tell you that I passed my driving test yesterday at 11.41 in bathgate in Scotland, this was my second attempt! So I'm here to say, I felt completely rubbish, almost crying after the first attempt! Everyone does, it's natural! But there is no point sitting back thinking about it, get it booked again! It may be money but that's all it is, it's worth it!
So coming up to the second attempt of my test yesterday! I was almost vomiting with nerves! Again it's natural but think you have done all this before! You know where you went wrong, and you know that you can drive! And that's all your doing! Driving someone, while them giving you directions!

My feelings leading up to test were Ohh no what if I fail again! That will be 3 attempts! There's so much stuff I can fail on! You will doubt yourself, everyone does! But at the end of the day look how many people are passing? Everyone does, which means you will too! I doubted myself several times thinking it's maybe going to tale 8 attempts! But we all pass! Just keep going! You WILL pass, be confident, you know you can drive! So just do that!

Good luck to all that have there driving test soon! Be confident! I'm sure you will pass! Remember the driving examiner want you to do well! Go get that pass certificate!

Ps. Never stop lessons unless you have too! It's the worst thing to do! Just book it again!
Reply 35
Just failed again for the second time. I feel like I will never pass...
Reply 36
Original post by emilyaoife
it really pisses me off when people just don't indicate correctly on roundabouts - and that people are failed for their mistakes.
It pisses me off too, as a lack of coherent signalling really adds to congestion on our overcrowded roads.

However, I must strongly disagree that people are failed on a test for other people's mistakes. Drivers on test fail because they made the mistake of pulling out when they shouldn't. In the context of the examples of this thread, another car not indicating is at a high risk of driving in front of you, so you should not be pulling out unless you are certain that their speed and proximity cannot be of any risk. The test is all about judgement and this includes correctly judging the other drivers even when they make mistakes or signal incorrectly. I refer you to rules 104 and 111 of the highway code.
Reply 37
Original post by Advisor
It pisses me off too, as a lack of coherent signalling really adds to congestion on our overcrowded roads.

However, I must strongly disagree that people are failed on a test for other people's mistakes. Drivers on test fail because they made the mistake of pulling out when they shouldn't. In the context of the examples of this thread, another car not indicating is at a high risk of driving in front of you, so you should not be pulling out unless you are certain that their speed and proximity cannot be of any risk. The test is all about judgement and this includes correctly judging the other drivers even when they make mistakes or signal incorrectly. I refer you to rules 104 and 111 of the highway code.

I kind of think your damned if you do, damned if you dont. if you pull out when you think you could have, major for you shoyuldnt have gone, if you dont pull out, hesitancy.
Reply 38
Weezy you very rarely fail for hesitancy unless its ridiculous and repetetive.If you pull out at the wrong time 99.9% of the time you will fail
Reply 39
Original post by weezyfbaby
I kind of think your damned if you do, damned if you dont. if you pull out when you think you could have, major for you shoyuldnt have gone, if you dont pull out, hesitancy.
Not at the same time in the same situation. The examiner will always be fair in his assessment. In any situation, there will always be a right and wrong decision. The wrong one will be assessed and marked accordingly, but there is never a lose/lose situation.

Latest

Trending

Trending