Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate "I failed my driving test!" Thread ‎-MK II

Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beanss123)
    That's great that you got one so soon, good luck!!!
    It really was it's at 8:50 so I'll have to remind myself bus lanes are in operation but other than that hopefully there'll be no problems! and thank you very much! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlynchy)
    really needed to vent my frustrations today! I'm gutted with myself! had my first test today and got four minors and one serious unfortunately! Don't really agree with the serious though, I was going through a set of traffic lights and as I passed the solid white line (back wheels) the lights turned red? I went through on my amber but my examiner is certain I ran through a red light. So so annoying! got another test booked in three weeks so fingers crossed!!
    You have to remember in your test you can't drive how you would just normally by yourself. It took me a little while to realise this too. I picked up some bad habits watching my friends drive the last few years from the passenger seat.

My instructor had to always remind me to not do stuff I would do if I was by myself. He also always told me to always take foot of gas when coming up to a traffic light so if I see it turn to amber I always have time to stop.

The examiner wants to see you are a safe driver - not one who is going to take that chance to pass an amber 1 second before it changes to red, before even having a licence.

Give them what they want to see, play it safe, every road, turning, light. When you pass then do things your way.

Good luck for your next test!
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Great!
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    My driving test has been booked for next Friday afternoon. I haven't had a driving lesson in well over a year and a half...I know what you're all thinking...what the f... BUT I've got an Intensive course next week also. Starts Monday, and 5 hours daily, then the test the end hour. I've had over 30 lessons previous, and been out in the car with my parents a few times over the past week and they said considering I haven't driven in so long, I'm ok, I just need to watch my speed on roundabouts. Reading this thread has made me so nervous! Anyone taken an intensive course and if so how was it?

Sorry for the paragraph
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    thank you to everyone who wished me luck! very pleased to say I passed this morning with only 2 minors! reading this thread definitely helped with my confidence so good luck everyone else! you'll all do brilliantly

Posted from TSR Mobile
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    That's great news! Well done!!!
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    The same thing happened to me yesterday, it's mad how we can fail our tests because of bad drivers on the road, Its not exactly our fault they should let us off for that I think😕
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbier97)
    The same thing happened to me yesterday, it's mad how we can fail our tests because of bad drivers on the road, Its not exactly our fault they should let us off for that I think������
    If you meet a bad driver on your test, you must be able to react quickly and appropriately to the situation.

That's just like saying, I crashed my car and destroyed it, because someone else didn't signal at a roundabout, it's his fault etc. Whilst it is partly his fault, you should be able to react quick enough to the situation.
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Failed first time today with 3 serious faults; clipped wing mirror while going through a width restriction, braked abruptly at the next width restriction and random cyclist appears from nowhere from behind a huge coach who was giving me way. Meh invested a lot of time, money and effort not going to give up anytime soon.
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saltedcaramel1)
    Failed first time today with 3 serious faults; clipped wing mirror while going through a width restriction, braked abruptly at the next width restriction and random cyclist appears from nowhere from behind a huge coach who was giving me way. Meh invested a lot of time, money and effort not going to give up anytime soon.
    Do you usually have a problem in lessons with judging the width you have?
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    Do you usually have a problem in lessons with judging the width you have?
    I've been through those width restrictions a million times during lesson and never have I had a problem...you see this is where my frustration lies. Nerves got the better of me yet again!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 24, 2015
2015 general election
New on TSR

Vote in the TSR Political Party Contest!

Choose which TSR Party you want in Number 10

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.