The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Third test tomorrow, aaaaa nervous. And to the current topic, I pay £60 on test day x
Original post by nyancats
Oh no :frown: Just re-book. Head up x

just looking for cancellations now, feeling much better than i did after i got home earlier. Also, good luck for yours tomorrow! hope it goes well! x
Original post by lightthefuze
just looking for cancellations now, feeling much better than i did after i got home earlier. Also, good luck for yours tomorrow! hope it goes well! x

Yeah, I looked every day and found something much earlier.. and thank you, feeling nervous already :colondollar:
Yeah, I looked every day and found something much earlier.. and thank you, feeling nervous already :colondollar:

Good luck! Really hope you pass!
Got my fourth test coming up soon and I really want to pass this time round. It's just getting ridiculous now and confidence is what's messing things up for me. That and sometimes, my common sense goes out the window but very rarely.

In case anyone is wondering:
1st Test: Nightmare. Two majors, a 13 minors.

2nd: One major (bit miffed about this, he said I should've slowed down cause giveaway but I planned ahead and saw there was no traffic and kept going but if I could change it, I would've slowed down a bit to show him I know what I'm doing. Another annoying thing, they've taken that giveway sign down -____-) and ten minors. Literally I felt I would've passed, thought if I did fail it would be cause I screwed up my parallel park but I only got a minor for that cause I fixed it.

3rd: Two majors, 5 minors. Had to take it in my instructors new car which I only had four lessons in and only thing that bothered me in this car was the brake. I didn't seem to brake enough to stop a safe distance because with this car, you needed to brake more (Nissan Note if anyone is wondering). But was fine during the actual test, honestly thought I would've passed. But he gave me major 1 because: I was signalling to go right and there was an oncoming car and I waited but then he slowed down for me and actually waited so I went. I guess cause he had priority, I should've just let him gone but I don't understand why I was given a major for it. Second major: I was waiting to turn left at a sharp bend and the person waiting behind me overtook me and went right -____- so yeah, really annoyed.

4th: UPCOMING! New car, new instructor (my old one moved away). Really hope I pass this time round. I did take a month break from my third test till now because it left me in tears because I thought I'd pass. Here's hoping fourth times the charm though I really need to work on my confidence whilst driving.
(edited 8 years ago)
Third test tomorrow, aaaaa nervous. And to the current topic, I pay £60 on test day x

Very best of luck!
Original post by Curlsss
Hi guys! I've got my driving test tomorrow and my instructor has said it will cost me a total of £140:
£65 for car hire
£75 for normal hourly rate (total of 3 hours for 1hr lesson plus 2hrs driving to and from test centre).
This seems really expensive to me!
Am I being overcharged and how much did you guys pay for your test day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I paid £38 altogether for a 1hr lesson plus 1hr for the test
Original post by Hectors
Very best of luck!

Thank you! Just been out in my car for about half an hour, driving around town. Settled my nerves a bit as it all went smoothly - I enjoy driving! I just hope my nerves don't get bad tomorrow. It's my turn to pass!! Hoping I do.... (third time lucky?!):happy2:
Thank you! Just been out in my car for about half an hour, driving around town. Settled my nerves a bit as it all went smoothly - I enjoy driving! I just hope my nerves don't get bad tomorrow. It's my turn to pass!! Hoping I do.... (third time lucky?!):happy2:

It's honestly the best feeling ever, passing that is. Hopefully you'll experience it tomorrow :biggrin:
Original post by Hectors
i passed! Thankfully I can now unsubscribe from this thread lol
I drove worse than my last test but i still passed! I must say there is quite an element of luck with getting the test routes, some are significantly harder if you don't know the city well.
My advice for whoever still has to pass is: every time you are asked to pull up alongside the road, before driving on take a deep breath and then drive on when it is safe.
Good luck to all you guys!

Congrats!!

Original post by Curlsss
Hi guys! I've got my driving test tomorrow and my instructor has said it will cost me a total of £140:
£65 for car hire
£75 for normal hourly rate (total of 3 hours for 1hr lesson plus 2hrs driving to and from test centre).
This seems really expensive to me!
Am I being overcharged and how much did you guys pay for your test day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?! You have to pay for car hire? On my test days I paid her £40. 20 for the lesson before and 20 for the hour of the test

Good luck!!

Good luck you can do it!!
I was third time lucky & you will be too :smile: x
Test day :frown::redface:
Think of me at 10:24! wahhhh
Original post by TeaLeaves93
Test day :frown::redface:
Think of me at 10:24! wahhhh

How did you do? :smile:
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
How did you do? :smile:

Hey, just wondering have you passed your driving test ?

Nice to see you lurking around helping others, if you have. :smile:
Original post by majid81
Hey, just wondering have you passed your driving test ?

Nice to see you lurking around helping others, if you have. :smile:

I have :smile: Passed in february but I like helping people who are worried/have failed
I failed :frown: So annoyed! My sheet was really good only 4 minors.

One dangerous... we went down a one way street and I edged too close towards a "no entry" zone, had to brake and reverse back and go left. If it hadn't of happened, he said I would have passed. I'm getting SO frustrated with this thing!!! Next time for sure.

One dangerous... we went down a one way street and I edged too close towards a "no entry" zone, had to brake and reverse back and go left. If it hadn't of happened, he said I would have passed. I'm getting SO frustrated with this thing!!! Next time for sure.

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that :frown: You will pass next time! :biggrin:

Unlucky! :frown: Better luck next time!

I've had this before in a lesson, instructor tricked me by saying next right. But technically it's the next 'available' right, you have to be on look out for no entry signs etc. If in doubt then just continue, as if you didn't hear it.
Original post by majid81
Unlucky! :frown: Better luck next time!

I've had this before in a lesson, instructor tricked me by saying next right. But technically it's the next 'available' right, you have to be on look out for no entry signs etc. If in doubt then just continue, as if you didn't hear it.

Yeah, I saw the no entry signs but then my head just got really confused. Obviously you are supposed to "drive on/ahead" unless he directs you otherwise. But I knew I couldn't... but then I also knew he hadn't told me to go left... and I just inched a bit too far. I was nowhere near going in because I knew I couldn't, but he obviously thought I was just too close. No point getting upset it was just a mistake and I know if I didn't do it i'd have passed.

Just have to do it again which is the annoying part - my waiting time is 5 weeks. If I could take it again tomorrow, I wouldn't even be bothered that i'd just failed
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Oh no I'm sorry to hear that :frown: You will pass next time! :biggrin:

Yeah feeling good about the next one. I WILL pass next time. No point getting upset I suppose it was just a mistake :unsure:
Also I have a question... Do I have to book & pay for a test date now to see the earliest cancellations?

Or can I just keep checking the "book a driving test" page everyday to see them?

Latest