The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

thank you beanXx, and you too. do you know what the 2 new manoeuvres are? when my mum took her test she thought she had failed then didn't have the pressure and enjoyed the drive and she didn't fail so if you think you have just carry on so that's how I'm going to try and do it although that mite fly out the window when i start the car
Reply 4921
Hi all!! Just been reading all of the posts!
I have my test on the 17th (9 days! 😳) and I'm absolutely cacking my pants!
Some days I feel like I'm ready... And then the next lesson it all goes to sh*t again.

I'm doing the test in my own car and for the 3 days before, my boyfriend (whose been driving for nearly 10 years) is doing an 'intensive' course... I'm hoping by the end of the 3 days I'll be so used to it I won't have a need to worry!😳

It's so annoying trying to learn/ doing a test in a city i don't know my way around...
Why didn't I do this years ago?! 😩😩😩
sdabs, its natural to worry as its the unknown just try and be calm listen to the instructions if you mess up don't panic as you still may have passed and just got a minor
Reply 4923
They are drive into then reverse out of a bay and pull up on the right reverse, and rejoin traffic. Parallel park and reverse into a bay are also still in trial test. Let us know how u get on I'm sure you'll be fine x
Reply 4924
Lol and I do know where your coming from beep beep when u say one minute u feel your ready and the next not! I felt like that on my last lesson :s-smilie:
i like the sound of them more then the 3 that's in the test already! ha. am i right in saying 16 days for yours? i need to remember my blind spot. i watched a video of things not to do on your driving test and one of the things was play yellow car i was in stitches. yes i will fingers crossed!
Original post by ajspurs
:biggrin:

Ah ok that's different to my test centre I think. Well I had the same person twice and went pretty much the exact same route. I'm pretty sure I would have passed previously had I had the same person as yesterday so hopefully you'll get someone different and nice too, aha. :smile:

Managed to get an earlier date for 2 weeks! Could have done it next week but I thought it would be best not to rush it and keep practising my reverse round the corner. Happy days least I don't have to wait til September :biggrin:

How are you liking driving around on your own? I can't wait for the independence!
just to let you know i passed first time :biggrin: so happy i would try and say something to help you but it went so quickly just be calm treat it like a lesson if you mess up be calm again and just correct it with out panicking
I recently passed on my third attempt, and if I can pass anyone can pass! My first test which I did in late May was going fine until I got back to the test center and was told to do a bay park. I thought I'd be fine but I knew I had one wheel over the line and was told I wasn't allowed to go forward and straighten up - which I thought was totally unfair! I went home devastated and thought I'd never pass! I got 1 major and 3 minors.
My second test was in June and I was so nervous because I didn't want to fail twice - it's so expensive! All was going fine until 5 minutes before my test I was changing down gear before going round a corner into what I thought was 2nd but I accidentally put it into 4th and failed! so 1 major and 3 minors again!
I took my 3rd test in early July and luckily passed with 3 minors! I had a turn in the road and no dual carriageways! I got the 3 minors in the independent driving section where I managed to get lost and he put that down as "poor planning"!
Don't give up! I've been driving on my own now for nearly a month and its so good! Good luck everyone!
Reply 4929
Omg congrats! That's amazing FairPlay beep beep
Since when did this become the "I passed" thread??

Seriously, look at the last 4-5 pages.
Original post by Minecraft27
Since when did this become the "I passed" thread??

Seriously, look at the last 4-5 pages.

I know! Happy for you all, but i'm still waiting to pass (4th time) and it's kinda disheartening!
Reply 4932
So the people that failed your test more than once, what manoeuvres did you get?
Original post by orka
So the people that failed your test more than once, what manoeuvres did you get?

1st test I had bay park, 2nd and 3rd test I had left reverse with the same examiner
Reply 4934
What are the most popular show and tell questions? I'm more nervous about these lol
Original post by BeanXx
What are the most popular show and tell questions? I'm more nervous about these lol

There is no such thing as "most popular" as all the questions are asked in equal numbers over a period of time, and generally in rotation.

The regulations put it into two sentences:

Describe how to to perform a check on the condition and safety of one component of the vehicle, chosen at the test conductor's discretion, from the list of components specified ... and demonstrate an actual check on the condition of a second component, similarly chosen from the list.

The components are tyres, steering, brakes, lights, reflectors, direction indicators, audible warning device, and the liquids used in the braking system, steering system, engine or elsewhere in the vehicle as a coolant, lubricant, cleaner or otherwise.

It's no more than very basic car maintenance that every driver should know, even if they don't fix any problems themselves. You just have to show that you know if there is a problem, so that you could have someone else to fix it if necessary. The question asked on the move is usually to operate an ancillary control, such as windscreen washers, wipers, demisters, various lights, horn etc. without taking your eyes off the road or losing control of the car.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by orka

1- turn in the road
2- bay park
3- turn in the road
4- parallel park

Never did a left reverse or emergency stop :smile:
Original post by orka

Reverse corner, reverse corner, turn in road. Never had a fault on a manoeuvre. Hoping my luck holds on them.
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
1- turn in the road
2- bay park
3- turn in the road
4- parallel park

Never did a left reverse or emergency stop :smile:

You did four manoeuvres ?
Reply 4939
The reason why I asked is because I failed my first test on a manoeuvre. I took my second test today and passed. I had the exact same route and the exact same manoeuvre.

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending