Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Ultimate "I failed my driving test!" Thread ‎-MK II

Announcements Posted on
How often do you go out? 11-02-2016
How proud of your uni are you? Take our survey for the chance to win a holiday! 09-02-2016
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    So tomorrow I have my test at 9am and I went out today in my instructors car. Prior to this I went in my boyfriends car over the weekend as my instructor was busy the weekend gone. I thought I drove pretty good in his car, he wasn't telling me what to do (that much) and let me drive in my style and I felt pretty confident. Today in my instructors car I thought I was confident and ready to go but some reason I was completely different. I was more nervous and more hesitant than I was this weekend. I don't know if it is because I have my test tomorrow or something else.. On my way to work after the driving lessons I was thinking about it and started to feel really really sick and wanted to vomit on the train. I don't want to feel like this when I do my driving test.

Urgh, I just feel like I'm going to fail tomorrow because of what happened today :/
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Just failed mine cause I was turning right on a roundabout and I left it to late so I had to cut into the left hand lane of my exit.Apart from that I got one minor so mad

Posted from TSR Mobile
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Failed 10 days ago because I didn't give way to another car when there was a parked car on my side of the road... The guy ended up beeping and swearing at me... Apart from that 2 minors next test is Friday!
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Also... Did any of you have your driving instructor with you in the car when you did your test? I'm not sure on whether or not to have my instructor with me in the back seat. Worried it might add more pressure tomorrow or if it will help as I will have 2 opinions on my driving?

What do you guys think/ did in your tests??
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabbie95)
    Also... Did any of you have your driving instructor with you in the car when you did your test? I'm not sure on whether or not to have my instructor with me in the back seat. Worried it might add more pressure tomorrow or if it will help as I will have 2 opinions on my driving?

What do you guys think/ did in your tests??
    I thought it was easier with hour him just a lot less pressure and as low not as your examiner isn't a douche it will be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    So tomorrow I have my test at 9am and I went out today in my instructors car. Prior to this I went in my boyfriends car over the weekend as my instructor was busy the weekend gone. I thought I drove pretty good in his car, he wasn't telling me what to do (that much) and let me drive in my style and I felt pretty confident. Today in my instructors car I thought I was confident and ready to go but some reason I was completely different. I was more nervous and more hesitant than I was this weekend. I don't know if it is because I have my test tomorrow or something else.. On my way to work after the driving lessons I was thinking about it and started to feel really really sick and wanted to vomit on the train. I don't want to feel like this when I do my driving test.

Urgh, I just feel like I'm going to fail tomorrow because of what happened today :/
    I had my instructor in the car with me when I passed. I found it calming Its also good as if you do fail, they will be there to give you support on what you need to improve for next time. Sometimes feedback from examiners isn't clear/you don't understand them so your instructor can tell you from their experience.

try not to panic too much, if will only make you drive worse. Try to find a 'happy place' in your head to drive so you're comfortable and happy I was really nervous the day before and morning of my test which is normal!

Good luck!! Let us know how you get on tomorrow :hugs:

(Original post by Elizabeth_rose14)
    Failed 10 days ago because I didn't give way to another car when there was a parked car on my side of the road... The guy ended up beeping and swearing at me... Apart from that 2 minors next test is Friday!
    Good luck for friday!
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:

. Sorry ur feeling this way . U will
    Be surprised by the results, u will pass. Take the fear away try to remember all what u learnt, avoid to do mistake , every time u approach harzards , traffic roundabouts, zebra crossing , junction, e.t.c remember how u were taught how to drive thru them.... and many more..
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JBaguma)
    . Sorry ur feeling this way . U will
    Be surprised by the results, u will pass. Take the fear away try to remember all what u learnt, avoid to do mistake , every time u approach harzards , traffic roundabouts, zebra crossing , junction, e.t.c remember how u were taught how to drive thru them.... and many more..

I'm also waiting mine... Failed twice ..
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    I had my instructor in the car with me when I passed. I found it calming Its also good as if you do fail, they will be there to give you support on what you need to improve for next time. Sometimes feedback from examiners isn't clear/you don't understand them so your instructor can tell you from their experience.

try not to panic too much, if will only make you drive worse. Try to find a 'happy place' in your head to drive so you're comfortable and happy I was really nervous the day before and morning of my test which is normal!

Good luck!! Let us know how you get on tomorrow :hugs:

Good luck for friday!
    I passed!!

I got 3 minors overall, one was for speed, I went 30 in a 60 because I didn't see the sign and there wasn't a national speed limit all along the road and my examiner said that if I had a car behind me it would be a straight fail but that didn't happen. And my other 2 minors were for positioning in the road which were really petty things.

I think I was really lucky in getting the examiner I had and I thought I failed so many times!

But yeah, so happy I passed first time
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I passed!!

I got 3 minors overall, one was for speed, I went 30 in a 60 because I didn't see the sign and there wasn't a national speed limit all along the road and my examiner said that if I had a car behind me it would be a straight fail but that didn't happen. And my other 2 minors were for positioning in the road which were really petty things.

I think I was really lucky in getting the examiner I had and I thought I failed so many times!

But yeah, so happy I passed first time
    Ahhh so happy for you!!! Congrats!
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbell_xxx)
    Ahhh so happy for you!!! Congrats!
    well done u see! I told u , u will be surprised with the results . Pray for me too . Congz.
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Failed for the first time today. I was 5 minutes away from the test centre on my way back and was turning right into a side road on a dual carriageway. When the traffic lights changed I went to go, but people from the side road started coming out & turning right so I couldnt go, then I waited and held up traffic behind me 😭 So annoyed, I would have passed with 4 minors otherwise. I can't get another test until May either
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I failed mine last week as the examiner said I had breaked harshly at the pedestrian crossing. The car behind me could have hit me. I left wondering why didn't the car behind me leave a safe gap despite following a learners car. Anyway I think the examiners follow certain guidelines and can only pass a certain numbers every week/month. Does anyone agree/disagree??
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I failed once because of idiot drivers and I'm sure these tests deliberately fail people
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Learner-t80)
    I failed mine last week as the examiner said I had breaked harshly at the pedestrian crossing. The car behind me could have hit me. I left wondering why didn't the car behind me leave a safe gap despite following a learners car. Anyway I think the examiners follow certain guidelines and can only pass a certain numbers every week/month. Does anyone agree/disagree??
    Yep I agree, I failed once for the silliest of reason. I am a perfect driver but this car decided to cut in front of me making me break harshly and the examiner failed me because of that

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR

Student Money Week continues...

Find out which Q&As are happening today

Poll
Do you listen to podcasts?
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.