The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Law - Should I Move on.. and UP!!

Ok... I have offers to read Law this September. Here is my resume. Mature student, completed 2.5 years of a law degree (before I had to leave cos of death in family). Now Im obviously returning to Uni to complete my degree but have to start again from year 1 (what a bummer!!) as I've chosen other unis this time round. I have the required A'Levels in decent subjects/good grades! I started working for a law firm as a trainee legal executive when I was 19 years - dealing in Civil litigation, medical neg, etc.. I had my own clients, attended court, briefed counsel, etc. (I'm now in my early 30's by the way...2 old for this board I bet!!). I'm working for a Law Centre dealing with Human Rights Law on a daily basis. I interview clients, attend Tribunals, prepare skeleton arguments (which is what barristers undertake), conduct research into caselaw, prepare statements and attend court and tribunals.
Also when last at Uni, I undertook my first case in court (I was 24) - i.e client, and won it (It was quite a complex contract law case)
The point is I went for an interview at Warwick (so did some other people) - a couple have heard back gaining offers and I'm still waiting. They wanted a ref from my last Uni which was sent to them (it was a good ref by the way). I don't understand it.. not being arrogant but I was a damned good candidate. I have spoken to the other candidates and I don't know what to make of it all.I hold the qualifications they require not A' Levels in Pottery and Advanced Flower Arranging but very good grades. I emailed the Admissions Officer, and he provided quite a formal response. Should I take this as a rejection, move on and accept another place!!
Thanx all!!
Reply 1
What was the "formal response", mind posting it?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
giving_up!!
Should I take this as a rejection, move on and accept another place!!

Why do you need to decide in such a hurry? You don't need to make your final decisions till you've heard from all the unis so surely the wisest thing to do would just wait for Warwick to answer, and then decide.
Reply 3
giving_up!!
Ok... I have offers to read Law this September. Here is my resume. Mature student, completed 2.5 years of a law degree (before I had to leave as my father was dying. Now Im obviously returning to Uni to complete my degree but have to start again from year 1 (what a bummer!!) as I've chosen other unis this time round. I have the required A'Levels in decent subjects and at good grades! I started working for a law firm as a trainee legal executive wqhen I was 19 years old dealing in Civil litigation, medical neg, etc.. I had my own clients, attended court daily, briefed counsel, etc. (I'm now in my early 30's by the way...2 old for this board I bet!!). I now work for a Law Centre in the area in which I live dealing with Human Rights Law on a daily basis. I interview clients, attend Tribunals, prepare skeleton arguments(which is what barristers undertake), conduct research into caselaw, prepare statements and attend court and tribunals.
Also when I was at Uni, I undertook my first case in court (I was 24) - i.e representing a client, and won it (It wasquite a complex contract law case) when no solicitor wanted to touch the case! I could go on...
The point is I went for an interview at Warwick (so did some other people) - a couple have heard back gaining offers and I'm still waiting. They wanted a ref from my last Uni which was sent to them (it was a good ref by the way). I don't understand it.. not being arrogant but I was a damned good candidate and having spoken to the others ...well.. . I also have the qualifications they require not A' Levels in Pottery and Advanced Flower Arranging but very good grades. I emailed the Admissions Officer, and he provided quite a formal response. Yet when he emailed another candidate who was offered a place, the email was colloquial and informal. Should I take this as a rejection, move on and accept another place!!
Thanx all!!

yeah i think you should wait too, you were better than all of us in the interview u have got the skills too and ur intellectually defo there, elle wait till u get a decision mate, wen i emailed him i just told him what i have done extra and he replied saying ur application has now been processed, n i though shite rejection so just wait, best of luck mate n gis a call wen u can love sunnyt
Reply 4
Patience!! they surely will not reject you with all the experience you have?! They would be incredibly stupid if they did!!
Reply 5
Sunnyt
yeah i think you should wait too, you were better than all of us in the interview u have got the skills too and ur intellectually defo there, elle wait till u get a decision mate, wen i emailed him i just told him what i have done extra and he replied saying ur application has now been processed, n i though shite rejection so just wait, best of luck mate n gis a call wen u can love sunnyt

Thanx Sunny.. !!!
Reply 6
unis seem to have a reputation of keeping students hanging on so there is nothing to worry about!! By sending the email you will have registered a strong interest which they will remember. Also, remember that there are better unis than Warwick so it is not the be all and end all!

Latest