The Student Room Group

I have become so fat over this easter :q

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Did you weigh yourself in the morning, and before or after a poo?
Reply 21
Original post by plimsolls
Did you weigh yourself in the morning, and before or after a poo?

Even without weighing myself exactly accurately, I can see a clear weight gain when I look at myself in the mirror without clothes. Honestly, I know my body, I scrutinise it enough :rolleyes:

Also, before the 2kg I had (more slowly) been gaining weight before that after having lost a much larger amount, so my morale was already diminishing, and I wasn't exactly in shape...
Reply 22
Another 2kg to 65kg hardly makes a difference.
I thought this was just going to be something like me, a story of "I ate pretty much one easter egg a day for a fortnight, wonder why my jeans feel tighter?" which is basically what I did. :lol: But I'm sorry you feel this way about yourself. How tall are you? Because I'm on the shorter side, about 5"3 I think, and that's not such a bad weight to be really. I wouldn't mind that. But then again, part of me wants to gain some weight because then I won't have to buy new jeans or a belt because my trousers don't fit. :colonhash: All I can really say is that a 2kg increase in weight is not such a big deal. I have bags of sugar in my house that weigh more than twice that (yes, we have 5kg bags of sugar :tongue:) and I hope you feel better soon. :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by jennifex
What :s-smilie: 67kg is like 10 and a half stone. There's nothing wrong with that. Get over it, there's more important things in life, seriously!

Lol I know!!!!! Seriously, I know :frown:

I think about food all the time, whether I've eaten too much or too little, how long it'll be before I'm slim, how to avoid bingeing, what clothes will make my belly look less fat...my weight is always on my mind, and I REALLY wish it wasn't. It makes me sad to thonk that I could direct my efforts and thoughts elswhere and done more productive things with my life.
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
These 2 problems will only be solved if you do something about them :smile:
There's 24 hours in a day, I'm sure you can find time to fit in some exercise, even if it's just a 30 minute walk :smile: it's better than nothing! Again with exams, nobody feels like revising, but if you don't do it now, you'll just have to sit the exams again and revise at another time when you could be moving on with your life. Failing an exam isn't the end of the world! You can always take it again, but you should try your best now :smile: Your problems are solveable and it'll all be worth it in the end :smile:
& you can't control the weather, so stop worrying! Book yourself a nice holiday after the exams, you'll feel like you'll deserve it after the exams, plus it will motivate you to exercise AND you'll have some sun! :biggrin: Good luck xx

thanks, nice post.
2 kg is nothing in 4 weeks
Reply 27
Also, to those saying 2kg increase is nothing, 67kg isnt too heavy etc. etc. I appreciate your reassurance, but 65kg is like the tipping point for me...I look properly chunky above that weight.

I need to be around 7kg less than now to feel comfortable in my skin. That's just how it is for me, I don't care about BMIs etc. because ultimately, not feeling awful when you look in the mirror comes down to YOU, and what weight YOU feel comfortable at.

I'm 5'8, so not short, but I gain weight around my stomach and boobs, and face. I was measured a couple of days ago in bravissimo because I heard that the right bra makes you look thinner, and I was told to wear aG cup. :lolwut:
It might sound stupid becasue everyone thinks big boobs are good, but the truth is, unless you're skinny, they make you look extra fat. They make you look like a tent.
Add to that that Im small boned, and therefore, the weight I am at now, though it might not seem extortionate, is enough to make me look and feel awful :frown:

Urgh, I know it's pointless saying all this and I know I'll lose it somehow, just feel so rubbish right now :frown:

Thanyou for trying though, people keep telling me they binge over easter/exams too whuch makes me feel a bit more normal!
Reply 28
Ok .... first of all gain back some control in your life. You're comfort eating because you feel anxious because you're not in control.
You will get the results you deserve whether you revise or not. If you don't revise you'll deserve the results you get!

Stop distracting yourself ... You know you should be revising... Don't you? Catch yourself out trying to do literally anything but revise! We've all been there! Realise it now... Stop making excuses... Take back control... Get the results you derserve. You can do it!

1. Write a list of every thing you need to do in terms of revision. - Make a word doc and name it , - 'I can do this'
2. Then break it down into subjects, then topics so you can just do a topic at a time
3. Google the examining body e.g. AQA English ENGB4 etc - past papers/ mark scheme ... for each exam. + buy recommended revision books
4. List all exam dates on on this word doc so you can plan effectively.
5. Make a revision plan on a planner, and make yourself stick to it. ...Visualise SUCCESS... Aim for A*'s ... Think how you will feel when you have honestly done your very best.
6. Do not go on facebook/ email/ watch TV, and turn off your phone- whilst revising . Do these things whilst eating and taking a break only. EAT WELL + GET PLENTY OF SLEEP & particularly eat lots of apples, Kiwis, peanut butter sandwiches, and some nuts .. All good to help you think ... and binge on fruit ... Drink loads of water ( It hydrates the brain).

Follow this plan to the letter, and not only will you succeed in your exams, but will look great too! You'll also gain self respect, plus skills of self motivation and focus to make your life a success.

GOOD LUCK YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :smile:
welll...its a bit of a mess really. My eating habits have been really unnatural for years, and Im constantly going up and down. Within the range of almost 20kg. :rolleyes: I never starve myself, lose weight healthily, but I also binge loads, no idea why or how to stop. but then my weight bounces up again...

So 2kg should be nothing, it's happened before and I've lost that much weight countless times...but I really thought I was past the bingeing and had learnt to eat moderately.

So now to gain this weight again, and be nearly at my heaviest again...:frown::frown::frown: Add to that the stresses of exams and this stupid ball I have coming up, I just want to crawl into a hole and die tbh

I'm pretty fit; I run outside for about an hour 3/4 times a week and do a lot of walking, its the eating that I just can't control. :frown:

Why are you stressed about the ball you have coming up?

Could you speak to your tutor/ or a counsellor at school about your exam stress?

What do you binge on? Is it any specific food?

What are your feelings while you are bingeing?

If you are already pretty fit then thats a very good start! Better then me, I might add.

Maybe try swimming or something as well.

You could always put this on hold till after your exams, I mean then you'll have plenty of free time to concentrate on it. Gaining a bit of weight isn't the end of the world, I mean I broke my leg- and gained weight and I went abroad for a year and gained quite a bit of weight- but I didn't beat myself up about it- and it came off quite naturally afterwards. Besides you are hardly super-obese and facing loads of health problems because of it, are you?
2kg is what? Just over 4 lbs? That's hardly something to cry about.
Reply 31
Original post by Boobliboo
Ok .... first of all gain back some control in your life. You're comfort eating because you feel anxious because you're not in control.
You will get the results you deserve whether you revise or not. If you don't revise you'll deserve the results you get!

Stop distracting yourself ... You know you should be revising... Don't you? Catch yourself out trying to do literally anything but revise! We've all been there! Realise it now... Stop making excuses... Take back control... Get the results you derserve. You can do it!

1. Write a list of every thing you need to do in terms of revision. - Make a word doc and name it , - 'I can do this'
2. Then break it down into subjects, then topics so you can just do a topic at a time
3. Google the examining body e.g. AQA English ENGB4 etc - past papers/ mark scheme ... for each exam. + buy recommended revision books
4. List all exam dates on on this word doc so you can plan effectively.
5. Make a revision plan on a planner, and make yourself stick to it. ...Visualise SUCCESS... Aim for A*'s ... Think how you will feel when you have honestly done your very best.
6. Do not go on facebook/ email/ watch TV, and turn off your phone- whilst revising . Do these things whilst eating and taking a break only. EAT WELL + GET PLENTY OF SLEEP & particularly eat lots of apples, Kiwis, peanut butter sandwiches, and some nuts .. All good to help you think ... and binge on fruit ... Drink loads of water ( It hydrates the brain).

Follow this plan to the letter, and not only will you succeed in your exams, but will look great too! You'll also gain self respect, plus skills of self motivation and focus to make your life a success.

GOOD LUCK YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :smile:

This is pretty much exactly what I need to do...Im just panicking that its too late to redeem my revision...obviously to get cracking now is better than nothing, but I just get angry at myself for doing more harm than good this easter. Not only did I NOT revise, but I ruined something else, my weight...

AAAH need to stop being so depressive!! thankyou, your post is helpful :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Elissabeth
Why are you stressed about the ball you have coming up?

Could you speak to your tutor/ or a counsellor at school about your exam stress?

What do you binge on? Is it any specific food?

What are your feelings while you are bingeing?

If you are already pretty fit then thats a very good start! Better then me, I might add.

Maybe try swimming or something as well.

You could always put this on hold till after your exams, I mean then you'll have plenty of free time to concentrate on it. Gaining a bit of weight isn't the end of the world, I mean I broke my leg- and gained weight and I went abroad for a year and gained quite a bit of weight- but I didn't beat myself up about it- and it came off quite naturally afterwards. Besides you are hardly super-obese and facing loads of health problems because of it, are you?

Ball means finding a dress, which means dress shopping, which means feeling like I want to die in the changing rooms when dress after dress looks rubbish...been there many times before :rolleyes:
The fact Ive gained weight wont make it pleasant, and I just feel so self-conscious at this weight, I feel wont really enjoy myself on the day.

Plus the time and stress it'll take to go shopping eats away at revision time which I'm panicking about now.

I'd rather not speak to them about this, it seems too stupid. I cried to my dad about my exams the other day, which helped.

I binge on anything, lol. No idea what exactly triggers it, it's just a compulsion, a long term habit.

Ahh, Im sorry about your injuries! I can't put it on 'hold' with my eating; that's the problem, I'm always either going to through an overeating phase, or a restricted eating phase, and always conscious of it, and aware of it and obsessing over it. I can't just forget about how much I eat, or eat naturally, cant remember the last time that I was a constant weight for a good peiod of time, instead I'm always losing or gaining...

I guess because of this, despite eating a HELL of a lot when bingeing over many years, Ive never become obese or anything, becasue I always rein it in. Just sucks that I hover on the chubby side, so am constantly wishing I was just a bit thinner, and constantly frustrated at myself.

I don't know how to not beat myself up about it. :frown: I'll try, for the sake of my exams...I'd rather do well in them, at least I'll have something I can say I succeeded at, even if Im destined to never be thin and normal weight.

Ok Im gonna go revise now...blimey I've rambled. :s-smilie:
can I have your 7kg's pleeeease, i need the weight gain :sigh:
Reply 34
Lol I know!!!!! Seriously, I know :frown:

I think about food all the time, whether I've eaten too much or too little, how long it'll be before I'm slim, how to avoid bingeing, what clothes will make my belly look less fat...my weight is always on my mind, and I REALLY wish it wasn't. It makes me sad to thonk that I could direct my efforts and thoughts elswhere and done more productive things with my life.

Wow that sounds quite unhealthy tbh. I mean, do you really think if you lose a bit of weight you will be completely happy and everything will be fine? Just saying there might be a deeper-rooted problem here, seeing as you are actually at a perfectly normal and healthy weight already. If it's really bothering you that much it might be worth seeing a GP or some kind of counsellor... it doesn't sound healthy... just saying...
lol, I put on about 7 kgs - went from 60 kg to 67 kg :eek: - over the easter (stress eating combined with no exercise - I have a joint problem so I've been advised not to exercise until it gets sorted out) and hardly anyone's noticed. I doubt anyone's going to notice your 2 kg gain :wink:

So, take a chill pill, relax and revise.
It's not the end of the world unless you make it to be.

Quick Reply

Latest