Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Which is worse? A child-like 16 year old or an adult-looking 15 year old?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
  • View Poll Results: which is worse?
    childlike 16 y/o is worse - and I'm male
    33.33%
    childike 16 y/o is worse - and I'm female
    18.18%
    adultlike 15 y/o is worse - and I'm male
    18.18%
    adultlike 15 y/o is worse - and I'm female
    30.30%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was reading some thread just about a guy thinking schoolgirls are fit and thought I'd ask this

The full question is: Which is worse for an 18 year old male? Sex with a child-like 16 year old, or sex with a 15 year old who could pass for 17/18?

Disregard the law when you vote

I'll put male and female options on the poll for added fun
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not clear-cut, IMO... if you're taking advantage of the child-like 16-year-old somehow by taking advantage of her immaturity then it's definitely morally wrong. I don't think the clock strikes 12 on the person's birthday and suddenly having sex with them is totally fine. That's a bit of a weird concept.

I didn't vote because I'm not sure.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you mean mentally. Well ignoring the law and pretending there is a set way of measuring capability to consent, understand everything fully and all that, at each defined age then sex with the 15 year old who is mentally older/more mature would be 'better' surely? As, in essence, its not their bodies and their body developments that determines why underage sex is frowned upon, its how well they are capable of fully understanding everything.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    The 15 year old, they could cause so much more damage
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanR)
    Not clear-cut, IMO... if you're taking advantage of the child-like 16-year-old somehow by taking advantage of her immaturity then it's definitely morally wrong. I don't think the clock strikes 12 on the person's birthday and suddenly having sex with them is totally fine. That's a bit of a weird concept.

I didn't vote because I'm not sure.
    I agree it's a weird concept. It's why I ask though. Things like this are strange because there obviously is no black and white as to what is acceptable. Reminds me of that philosophy thing where someone starts with a heap of sand, and removes one grain at a time to see when it is no longer a heap or something
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Honest to god, they are the same thing. There is no such thing as a 'mature 15 year old'. She thinks she's mature, she looks old enough, she acts like she's ready for it, but I don't think she's really mentally old enough to make this decision. But in all honesty if the girl agrees and she definitely has not been pressured than it's not for me to decide.
    But looking back at when I was 15 and being best friends at the time with the girl who lost her virginity at 15 I am just thinking that she wasn't old enough to make that decision... But it was her will and it didn't scar her as far as I'm concerned.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of a story I heard from my sister's sixth form (current year) - a 19 year old resitter is dating a 16 year old - when asked why he answered "because she looks really young but is legal".

Yeuch.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.