Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Circumcision

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I don't see the problem? people that are uncircumcised complain that we get no choice and that it is wrong but quite frankly compared to having foreskin I reckon I prefer being circumcised.

Also I don't have to go through hoops to last longer.
    I hate to point this out to you but thats from nerve damage.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I feel fine.
    Well that is nice, but that does not legitimize mutilating babies.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The baby will never remember the pain and it is only a day or two which can be managed by pain killers.
    Do you endorse baby-rape then?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brutal Honesty)
    Do you endorse baby-rape then?
    It isn't rape.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It isn't rape.
    But the baby will never remember the pain and it is only a day or two which can be managed by pain killers.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Not even just babies - kids too so they remember it! I remember I wasn't comfortable with the idea when my parents wanted my brother to be circumcised (he's quite a lot younger), but then it wasn't up to me. Having said that, my parents are doctors so I knew it'd be safe - for them, it's just the norm and my dad's convinced it's more hygienic etc. I guess it's just one of those things, but my brother had absolutely no choice thinking it was just for the best ... which you do at that age when your parents tell you something! I just hope it doesn't affect him in the long run.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    when i had it done they let me keep it as a souvenir. i use it as a teacosy
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    The main point is that it's not absolutely necessary! Well unless you think like my deeply religious parents
    Funny joke.

Deeply religious people thinking, my sides are splitting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've thought about getting it done, but I think I'd miss my beige anorak.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    I could understand in severe cases of phimosis, but any other reason is just spurious. You can't operate on an adult without his permission so why the hell does is this done to babies who don't have that luxury? I'd like to think everyone can be afforded a choice in life.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend was circumcised when he was a kid due to some tropical infection (he grew up in Malaya). I have to say from the female perspective, it's a lot more hygienic than uncircumcised. For one the foreskin doesn't get full of fluff from clothing! But that said, without a medical reason or a conscious adult decision, I can't see a reason for it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Without a medical reason the practice is useless and barbaric. We have evolved to have a foreskin for a reason - to protect the otherwise-exposed phallus.
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speider)
    My boyfriend was circumcised when he was a kid due to some tropical infection (he grew up in Malaya). I have to say from the female perspective, it's a lot more hygienic than uncircumcised. For one the foreskin doesn't get full of fluff from clothing! But that said, without a medical reason or a conscious adult decision, I can't see a reason for it
    I think even that's contentious! The problem is research and statistics done into circumcision tends to be very biased from both camps and/or flawed. So there isn't a real answer either way in the current world.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Going to be blunt here...I can't imagine it being as pleasurable without foreskin. The thing they say about it having all the nerve endings, designed to be pulled over the glands etc, is obviously correct. Simply speaking I can't see how it would feel the same without the foreskin being present. I suppose the lack of sensation has a pro of lasting longer when a condom isn't being used, though obviously there are more factors to consider, premature ejaculation isn't exactly a foreskin issue.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    Well, while it isn't strictly necessary the bible claims that God told Abraham to do it to his son Isaac and Jews have done it as a religious ceremony ever since. A lot of Americans think it is a matter of hygiene although anyone who has grasped the concept of washing is more than capable of keeping their genitals clean.
    Maybe it was God's helpful hint that because Abraham's son's foreskin was malformed it had to come off? Health risk becomes a fecking ceremony how backwards.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    whilst i believe its somewhat of an invasion of privacy it must be said that it does apparently pertain to several health benefits be it hygine or 'apprantly' reducing the chances of catching aids
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    whilst i believe its somewhat of an invasion of privacy it must be said that it does apparently pertain to several health benefits be it hygine or 'apprantly' reducing the chances of catching aids
    How often do babies get aids from having sex?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the problem? people that are uncircumcised complain that we get no choice and that it is wrong but quite frankly compared to having foreskin I reckon I prefer being circumcised.

Do you realise that lasting too long can be a problem too?

I don't think there's anything wrong with being circumcised. As you say there are some potential benefits when it comes to having sex. But that should be your choice, not your parents'. It's pretty weird for a parent to think about how long their child will last in bed or how good their penis will look. But really they are just (poor) justifications for removing a person's choice whether or not to have a foreskin, not the actual reason for it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

No, you just had to have a chunk of your penis hacked off.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It does seem a bit pointless and unecessarily stressful to do it on every male child but sometimes it's done for medical reasons if a guy has a tight one and it's sore.

I saw Robin Hood, Men in Tights the other day. It's funny when the Rabbi tells the merry men that the ladies love it but doesn't explain what it is and they all want one and one guy asks for two! :teehee: and then he explains what it is and shows the device he does it with. Their faces > :eek4: :gasp: :eek3: :zomg: :eek2:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 4, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.