Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the only one who really couldn't care less about the Olympics?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The Olympics are not about watching some people run around a track. It's about looking at a thousand five hundred year old tradition, where almost no matter what is going on in the world between countries, we sit down and enjoy some sport together.

If you don't care about the Olympics fine. Just SHUT THE **** UP and let the rest of us that do enjoy it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read all the other posts as to remain impartial to individuals.

As a Games Maker, I am obviously FOR the Olympics, whether it be in London or anywhere else around the world. If it doesn't interest you, or you don't care for it, that's fine - each to their own, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. There's no real point in debating the pros and cons with each other, because no party will back down will they? Agree to disagree, move on. Enjoy the Olympics if you love it, ignore them if you don't...simple.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe909)
    Obviously lower class.
    nope upper middle
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We didnt sign up to the Olympics, we signed up to live in North Korea.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    and I bet the commentary will be hideously biased, naively assuming that people give three ****s about some anonymous nobody beating some other anonymous nobody at some pointless activity just because he happens to have been born in the same country as us.
    ..and this is any different to supporting whoever during the [football] European Championship or World Cup?

The intense hard work and training you have to go through, I'd be insulted if I were branded a 'nobody' having won an Olympic medal. I'd also question the criteria of becoming a 'somebody'.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally SOMEONE!!!!!! I couldn't care less myself .... ahaha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm annoyed more than anything else. I live in London, so my parents' council tax is going towards this instead of fixing the gazillion potholes on my road, I have to put up with the insane amounts of people in London during this time (two hour wait for a train at London Bridge? No thank you) and I don't get to see any events because quite frankly they screwed up with the ticketing.

I'm sure if I was actually seeing an event, I'd be much more positive about the whole thing, but right now it's just a nuisance.

But actually, I'm much more interested in the Winter Olympics. I'm a bit of a ski junkie myself and I prefer winter sports. Really hoping I'll be able to go to the Sochi Winter Olympics 2014, especially because they're introducing freeskiing!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    because quite frankly they screwed up with the ticketing.
    If they did (?) as you say, how would you have done it differentially?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 7, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.