Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Apprenticeship before University?Good idea?

Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

So, I was thinking of doing a Media Apprenticeship before going off to university (so technically I'd take a gap year). The apprenticeship gives 'all the skills and knowledge needed for a Creative and Digital Media Apprenticeship Level 3.' and it pays £11k for the year.

Then, after doing that (and probably/hopefully attaining the Level 3) I would go off to University of York to study film. (I need AAB and so far I'm predicted AAC so I gotta pick up my game). Was just wondering if doing the apprenticeship before university is a good idea or silly? I would also have money saved for uni and whatnot.

Opinions? Thanks and sorry if there's typos/doesn't make sense, It's early and I'm ill. Thanks again!

Oh btw, I'm in Year 12 atm and I do.. Media Studies, Psychology and English Lit (considering to pick up another A level in Year 13?)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agata)
    Hello!

So, I was thinking of doing a Media Apprenticeship before going off to university (so technically I'd take a gap year). The apprenticeship gives 'all the skills and knowledge needed for a Creative and Digital Media Apprenticeship Level 3.' and it pays £11k for the year.

Then, after doing that (and probably/hopefully attaining the Level 3) I would go off to University of York to study film. (I need AAB and so far I'm predicted AAC so I gotta pick up my game). Was just wondering if doing the apprenticeship before university is a good idea or silly? I would also have money saved for uni and whatnot.

Opinions? Thanks and sorry if there's typos/doesn't make sense, It's early and I'm ill. Thanks again!

Oh btw, I'm in Year 12 atm and I do.. Media Studies, Psychology and English Lit (considering to pick up another A level in Year 13?)
    I think that sounds pretty good- You would have practical experience and a bit of money! Go for it

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 26, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.