The Student Room Group

Racism in Sweden

Scroll to see replies

It's pretty obvious. A country with a greater proportion of same coloured skin people are racist. Sweden has a high number of white people there so it's not surprisingly. Especially Eastern European countries.
Reply 41
Original post by ConnorB
Oh for God sake.

No it wasn't racist.

Put it this way, the cake was designed by a black Woman.

If anything it's just quite freaky to look at :wink:

Pretty sure it was designed by a black dude :tongue:
Reply 42
Original post by Ciccina
I personally find it offensive and macabre, it really lacks in taste..those who baked the cake probably thought it was a good idea..but ffs the Prime Minister (and her staff) should have thought about it.

isnt that the point though? to draw attention to this heinous practice? you cant really sugar coat such an issue can you?
That cake is ****ing hideous.
Reply 44
Original post by cl_steele
isnt that the point though? to draw attention to this heinous practice? you cant really sugar coat such an issue can you?

Female genital mutilation *is* an heinous practice.
I don't see how a cake that resembles a black woman and having the mayor eat it would draw attention to it. It is rather almost insulting to see them eating a part of the "genitals" while talking and laughing. Theres other ways you can draw attention to such a plight..
Reply 45
Original post by Ciccina
Female genital mutilation *is* an heinous practice.
I don't see how a cake that resembles a black woman and having the mayor eat it would draw attention to it. It is rather almost insulting to see them eating a part of the "genitals" while talking and laughing. Theres other ways you can draw attention to such a plight..

yes, i didnt say it wasnt ? :s-smilie:
its art, people do weird things in the name of art..
to be fair to them what are they supposed to do sit there in silance crying?
of course there are but they chose this one, its just a bit hyperbole to label it sexist and racist, especially when it was conceived by a black person
Reply 46
Original post by cl_steele
yes, i didnt say it wasnt ? :s-smilie:
its art, people do weird things in the name of art..
to be fair to them what are they supposed to do sit there in silance crying?
of course there are but they chose this one, its just a bit hyperbole to label it sexist and racist, especially when it was conceived by a black person

I wasn't criticizing, I agreed with you :smile:
And you also have a point with the art and the black woman who realized the cake.
It was certainly a bold thing to do, no wonder it has attracted attention.
Reply 47
Original post by Cyanohydrin
Right I lived in Sweden for two years and this open and tolerant thing is BS! All the Scandinavian countries - Sweden, Norway, Denmark and so on are much more racist than Britain. Sweden is depressingly racist, and the trumpeting of themselves as the great multicultural country is a total lie. All immigrants of colour are in, in effect, ghettoes, and there is no mixing at all. The Swedes tend to openly dislike non white immigrants in Sweden. People talk about the shootings in Norway, but it is little reported that there was a serial killer targeting immigrants in Malmo recently.

Sweden also had a eugenics programme and was second only to Nazi Germany in the amount of people who were sterilised under it. In fact, Sweden's eugenics programme is still remains in place today - but now the only group whom the state systematically sterilises is transsexual people.

If you just read TSR you'd get this weird impression of the UK - i.e. that it is the most racist nation evahh!! It doesn't seem to matter to them the French vote in 10 times the numbers for the far-right, or that people like Jorg Haider have actually been in power in Austria, or the True Finns in Finland, or the Danish Peoples Party and so on and on.

There is a lot of sinister racist **** going down in Sweden, such as the recent murders of foreign-looking people and loads of other stuff if you follow the news. I knew a Chinese girl who was brought up in Sweden and told me that in England, she only gets racist remarks relatively infrequently, and that this is a great improvement on her life in Sweden. There is definitely a problem with racism in Sweden.

So?

The native people of those countries obviously have the right to protect their own culture and values. They look at Britain and see what a total and utter failure it has become, right down to the core of its people - who instead of sticking up for their own country go and champion the rights of Muslims and extremists, who's only goal is to make Britain a Muslim state.

The people of Europe are obviously sick of immigration, and I can't believe you don't understand it. When one side becomes too much, the other side rises up to counter the other - basic philosophy of the Dao, and that's what we're seeing in Europe. And calling everything 'racist' is just loosing its impact now.

Go and live in the Saudi Arabia, and see what happens to you there.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by xOsugaplumfairy
I don't see any black people there laughing with them.
Look a little more closely and you'll see the black artist!
Original post by xOsugaplumfairy
I'm black and i find this extremely racist. Why couldn't it be a white person? I don't see any black people there laughing with them.

This is disgusting.

If was the other way round I'm sure you would find it racist. I have a sense of humour but this is not funny at all.

Maybe because white people do not mutilate female genitals ? (as far as I am aware it is a practise only found in some part of Africa). The artist is black by the way, I did not find a transcript of what he was attending, but maybe he has been touched by this kind of practise around him and was protesting. It is not very tasteful, but censoring art is not a very good thing either...
Reply 50
Original post by Kruz
:laugh: Absolute lies Eastern Europe is racist, have you seen the way Russians treat people who don't look Slavic. The way they beat them up, it's absolutely disgusting.

Pretty racist to suggest that people are racist because they come from certain countries. :holmes:
Reply 51
Original post by Bonged.
Pretty racist to suggest that people are racist because they come from certain countries. :holmes:

Yeah. It's like saying look at those horrible germanic blond people. They look like nazis. Let's kill them or make sure they reproduce with people from other ethnic groups to break their racial pride.

Quick Reply

Latest