The Student Room Group

Breivik played Call of Duty 16 hours a day

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Should have played ARMA.
Original post by Brutal Honesty
He was a violent psychopath who enjoyed going on shooting sprees so obviously COD would be right up his alley. In the same way someone who wants to be a doctor would probably spend a lot of time playing Operation as a child.

Foolish assumption.
Reply 42
Video games 16 hours a day and he still managed to write a 200 page manifesto? Sounds like the ultimate student
Original post by Rooster523
Foolish assumption.

Shut it you slag.
Brev needs to get to grips with his life COD is a crap game hello to all thestudentroom I'm new here
Reply 45
Amazing how so few think "he has a thing for violence, so he must be drawn to violence, such as in video games", but rather "THE MOVING PICTURES BRAINWASH US, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" with no evidence, but much evidence to the contrary.

Perhaps we should rephrase K's quote of "a person is smart, people are stupid".

Watch out for the millions of murderers-in-waiting out there who bought Call of Doody.
According to the Daily Mail's logic, there are three thousand and eighty million people who should be dead, as that is obviously what CoD did to Breveik. Why is half the world still alive, Daily Fail? Oh yeah, because playing CoD doesn't make you kill 77 people.
For ****s sake; can't they just lock this terrorist up for a long time so that society may be better off without him....
Reply 48
He also played WoW and age of Conan, shagged hookers, worked out, ran a business, presumably ate and slept, where did he find the time to prepare these attacks?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 49
Football Manager isn't a violent game.

Until you lose 1-0 away to Wigan in the last minute and thus get beaten to the title by Arsenal on goal difference. That's when people die.

We should all be working to ban these violent Football Manager games.
Reply 50
the BBC claimed he was playing world of war craft :rolleyes:
Oh how pathetic. If someone is crazy enough to go out and kill 77 innocent people then it makes no difference if he was playing call of duty or barbie, it would have happened anyway!
Yes, I was waiting for it to be revealed that he plays violent video games. No wonder he was smiling in court - it'd be hard to take seriously the deaths of 77 people when you've already killed tens of thousands in a video game and become desensitised to violence.

I'm not afraid to say it: ban them. They turn people with legitimate grievances about multiculturalism and Islam into murderers.
Reply 53
Original post by Ann Widdecombe
Yes, I was waiting for it to be revealed that he plays violent video games. No wonder he was smiling in court - it'd be hard to take seriously the deaths of 77 people when you've already killed tens of thousands in a video game and become desensitised to violence.

I'm not afraid to say it: ban them. They turn people with legitimate grievances about multiculturalism and Islam into murderers.

Reply 54
Original post by Ann Widdecombe

I read this ridiculous piece of crap in Ann Widdecombe's voice in my head. It was so much funnier.

How come all it is not the case that all CoD players become murderers?
That's all well and good, but why don't people take driving lessons off Need For Speed?

Just sayin'
Obviously a virgin aswell.
Sadly I've spent around a month of my life on COD.
Yet to actually want to shoot anyone in the face though.
Reply 58
Parents are more comfortable blaming the 'cause' rather than the root of the cause - themselves. Just look at Alan Titchmarsh and his video game segment. I hope he doesn't have kids, he'd be a bad parent. If he does, he IS a bad parent.

Who is it that decides how often their kids play video games? If communism bebop comic books action movies rock music games did cause this shift, why let them play it? Why are 10 year old kids playing 18-rated games? Because mummy bought it for them in Game.

Anyway, people putting stock in the latest scapegoat and excuse for bad parenting are purely sheep. The sad thing is that in a decade or so, when the cycle of scapegoats moves to a new thing, rather than think "wait a minute, what about video games? Aren't they still dangerous? Wait... have I been made for a fool?!" they'll just move with the bandwagon without an independent thought.

I only pity them, as not only are they sheep, but this behaviour simply casts them to the outside. No-one that follows a scapegoat bandwagon gets in a position of power. Take videogaming for example - Jack Thompson, the lawyer who lost his entire profession and only ever won about one case his entire career - in 1990 or something, not video game-related; Keith Vaz, an MP who will never get any higher than he is now in his safe seat; Hilary Clinton - a politician who only has a surname for popularity once her views and policies, and weakness, became public when running for candidacy.

You want to join that club, you're welcome to it. Join the soapboxers and the criminal 'news'papers. I'll go with the scientists, the psychologists, and the police - the experienced and knowledgable.

And we look down on you simpletons, if you do not wish to improve yourself and learn about the world around you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 59
He's a psychopath. I wouldn't point fingers at the game though - it's not like CoD hypnotizes people into murdering teenagers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending