Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whats the Most epic game EVER?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Final Fantasy 7 Xenogears. :drool:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    tough question. would have to be 1 of the classics, either HOGS OF WAR or POPULOUS THE BEGINING.

though the best new games would be assasins creed revelations/ red dead redemption
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merell)
    Baldur's Gate
    +1

Baldur's Gate is awesome, Baldur's Gate 2 is even better!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My personal favourite is Saints Row The Third.

Though I'd have to say GTA3 would class as one of the most epic games ever made. It was a huge leap in gaming when it was released, and pioneered the way for free roaming sandbox games from then on.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schemilix)
    I wouldn't call any of those 'epic' by definition...

In general shorter, narrower games like Assassin's Creed and Black Ops may be exciting and entertaining but they're not 'epic'. I like the former by the way, haven't played the latter.
    Don't you think the overarching story in Assassin's Creed is epic? I know my mind was blown by the Adam/Eve video and then the ending of AC2.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Shadow of the Colossus.
    If one is to use the word epic literally, this game is a proper contender.

Games like FF and Zelda are my epic games. Loving RPGs. Mass Effect is a good contender too, but that would be for the series.

Oh, and the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games.
    • 80 followers

ReputationRep:
    Red faction
    Mario 64
    Mario Kart
    FFX
    Zelda ocarina of time
    Goldeneye 007
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you said epic I immediatly thought of strategy games. Not just a very good or large games. Things like civilisation or total war with their massive scale. Taking a country through history from infancy till it grows to become a major power. RPGs also with their stories and fighting against a great threat.:cool:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Don't you think the overarching story in Assassin's Creed is epic? I know my mind was blown by the Adam/Eve video and then the ending of AC2.
    I guess to an extent, but there are better words, since epic is more of a scope thing. it can be grand, impressive and so on, but epic gets overused and diminishes the effect of the word.

That's kind of ironic, actually.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    With no order of preference:
    -Red Dead Redemption (A sandbox epic, with a perfect story and environment)
    -LA Noire (an original game with a beautiful city and design)
    -Uncharted 2 (An epic story and graphical excellence)
    -Battlefield 3 (online multiplayer is uncomparable in span and diversity)

Many other games can be described as 'epic', however I have only had the fourtune to experience the above.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Skyrim by far, it's by fat the best game I have played. Gears of War ranks closely though!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I say Red Dead Redemption, for the cinematic experience, gorgeous visuals, stunning thrilling sound, moving gritty story, and finally...my love of Spaghetti Westerns!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Good)
    With no order of preference:
    -Red Dead Redemption (A sandbox epic, with a perfect story and environment)
    -LA Noire (an original game with a beautiful city and design)
    -Uncharted 2 (An epic story and graphical excellence)
    -Battlefield 3 (online multiplayer is uncomparable in span and diversity)

Many other games can be described as 'epic', however I have only had the fourtune to experience the above.
    Yeah I also agree, LA Noire would also be my second choice, behind Red Dead
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I never actually played L.A Noire, it just didn't appeal to me
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Resident Evil 4. Epic in length, replayability, diversity of enemies, diversity of maps, diversity of weapons, diversity of 'boss' fights, intragame games....EPIC to the core.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i thought something was missing from la noire, i just didn't get as attached to cole phelps until disc 3 and then all of a sudden you're jack kelso. but the originality and design of it all definitely makes it worth playing. red dead still has the edge for me though.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    When you said epic I immediatly thought of strategy games. Not just a very good or large games. Things like civilisation or total war with their massive scale. Taking a country through history from infancy till it grows to become a major power. RPGs also with their stories and fighting against a great threat.:cool:
    Example?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummdhibun)
    Example?
    Well aside from every civilisation or total war game.. the eldar scrolls games, particularly morrowind and skyrim where you are the actual hero this time. Unlike oblivion where you were second to martin. The massive amount of ingame history and lore and the massive explorable landscape. Mass effect too for similar reasons.And of course some of the final fantasy games.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Well aside from every civilisation or total war game.. the eldar scrolls games, particularly morrowind and skyrim where you are the actual hero this time. Unlike oblivion where you were second to martin. The massive amount of ingame history and lore and the massive explorable landscape. Mass effect too for similar reasons.And of course some of the final fantasy games.
    OH! Understood.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Resident Evil 4. Epic in length, replayability, diversity of enemies, diversity of maps, diversity of weapons, diversity of 'boss' fights, intragame games....EPIC to the core.
    I completely agree. I think it is single handedly the best video game ever. The ONLY bad thing about it was Ashley. If the entire game was just a single room in which you could repeatedly slaughter Ashley over and over with whatever weapon you wanted in a variety of ways. I'd pay for DLC that allowed me to kill her in new ways. I'd buy map-packs that would let me knock her off of cliffs and into meat-grinders. I'd buy special editions and gold versions if they'd let me go co-op with a buddy and tag-team her with chain-saws.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis have the poshest students?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.