Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Pill - do you class it as medication?

Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to be a volunteer at a kids' summer camp over the summer for my Gold D of E residential, and there's a section on the form where it asks you to list any medication that you take.

Should I include the Pill on this list? I'd have thought not seeing as I'm on it for mainly contraceptive reasons rather than because of heavy/painful/irregular periods but I just wanted to make sure.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always include the Pill when asked to list medications. Mind you when I had an occ health appointment I also told them about the shoulder injury I got 9 years ago that won't affect my new job. My policy is to give them all the information and let them decide what's relevant.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would include it.
    It doesn't really matter why you are taking it. The fact is that it is a medication that you are taking.
    It is always better to include it and for them to ignore it if necessary than to withhold information.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't matter why you take it, it IS medication
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a prescribed medicine so yeah. You only have to include any form of tablets or medicine that you take with you incase you get rushed to hospital or whatever and the doctors know what tablets etc you might have taken in the last few hours cos that could affect what treatment they can give you although TBH I don't see how a pill would affect that, but you're better safe than sorry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes do include it. Include the scientific drug name if you're worried about people snooping. Its relevant information if you're in a medical emergency.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is best to put it down as medication. After all, it is prescribed.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 22, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.