Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Greatest Football Match You Have Ever Seen?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChapelTom)
    Thanks.

Wycombe fan I guess? Your supporters certainly left a lasting impression on Wednesday fans. All of League One seemed to be glad United weren't going up.
    Yup. Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Man united 7 - 1 Roma
    The Reading vs Pompey game that was like 4-7
    Man United 3-2 Man City with Own scoring in last minute

As for best game i've seen live

Bristol City vs Crystal Palace Play off Semi final second leg. Absolutely electric.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    juventus-real madrid 3-1
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    2012 champions league final, was such a compelling game, winning with **** all shots on goal and being dominated ever since the home leg of the benfica tie in the quarter final feels good.

Just watching cole make robben average all game felt good, lahm being a beast at right back too.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Manchester City vs Manchester United.
    Even though City lost due to 8 min of overtime it was an amazing game.
    Also the final game of the season that City played was amazing
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jambo)
    Man united 7 - 1 Roma
    The Reading vs Pompey game that was like 4-7
    Man United 3-2 Man City with Own scoring in last minute

As for best game i've seen live

Bristol City vs Crystal Palace Play off Semi final second leg. Absolutely electric.
    why a neg rating for this?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    2003 champions league final.

But seriously my favourite match would probably still be the chelsea vs liverpool 4-4

There probably is the CL final in 08, despite us losing was a very enjoyable match. There's been some good el clasicos over the years though. I think the recent el classico was the best clasico I've seen since mourinho managed real madrid with both sides really coming at each other. Both of the teams were pleased with how they played and the 2-2 draw was a fair result. It was a very respectful match as well.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    2003 champions league final.

But seriously my favourite match would probably still be the chelsea vs liverpool 4-4

There probably is the CL final in 08, despite us losing was a very enjoyable match. There's been some good el clasicos over the years though. I think the recent el classico was the best clasico I've seen since mourinho managed real madrid with both sides really coming at each other. Both of the teams were pleased with how they played and the 2-2 draw was a fair result. It was a very respectful match as well.
    Was that the AC milan- Juventus game? That champions league season was truly brilliant some of the games in that tournament. :drool: Would agree with the Chelsea vs Liverpool game as well!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Was that the AC milan- Juventus game? That champions league season was truly brilliant some of the games in that tournament. :drool: Would agree with the Chelsea vs Liverpool game as well!
    That was back when they used to do the 2nd group stage and newcastle were in the CL. United vs madrid, juve vs barcelona, juve vs madrid, inter vs milan semi final. I didn't watch much of it(Chelsea weren't in it ) but I watched the final which wasn't the best spectacle.
    Might watch some games and highlights though. Seems like I've only watched CL properly match by match from 08 onwards.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    That was back when they used to do the 2nd group stage and newcastle were in the CL. United vs madrid, juve vs barcelona, juve vs madrid, inter vs milan semi final. I didn't watch much of it(Chelsea weren't in it ) but I watched the final which wasn't the best spectacle.
    Might watch some games and highlights though. Seems like I've only watched CL properly match by match from 08 onwards.
    Oh right i thought you were on about the tournament throughout haha, final wasn't that bad the worst was the Porto one which i found just unbearable. Madrid vs United was unreal Ronaldo getting a standing ovation from the Old trafford fans.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh right i thought you were on about the tournament throughout haha, final wasn't that bad the worst was the Porto one which i found just unbearable. Madrid vs United was unreal Ronaldo getting a standing ovation from the Old trafford fans.
    I think the 10 final wasn't the best final either, great goals from milito, but when it went to 2-0 they might as well have wrote inter's name on the trophy and it got so boring it was unbelievable.

How did you find the 09 and 11 finals though? I found the 11 final better than the 09 final. Some great goals from villa and messi though.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the 10 final wasn't the best final either, great goals from milito, but when it went to 2-0 they might as well have wrote inter's name on the trophy and it got so boring it was unbelievable.

How did you find the 09 and 11 finals though? I found the 11 final better than the 09 final. Some great goals from villa and messi though.
    10 was pretty dull since Munich were pretty poor and you just knew Inter had won. 09 and 11 were pretty good as im a Barca fan but it wont stick in my memory for just :drool: like 2002 or 2005 finals. Hell even the 08 and 12 finals were more exciting. Penalty shootouts are not good for the heart!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    10 was pretty dull since Munich were pretty poor and you just knew Inter had won. 09 and 11 were pretty good as im a Barca fan but it wont stick in my memory for just :drool: like 2002 or 2005 finals. Hell even the 08 and 12 finals were more exciting. Penalty shootouts are not good for the heart!
    Trust me, that 12 final almost gave me a stroke, we were a penalty away from going into the europa league next season. Munich were so poor in 10, the real final was the semi final between inter and barca. I said inter would win the second they made chelsea look so average.

Although I'm very impressed with the improvement of bayern over the past season, heyneckes has done a good job(despite not winning anything last season) he made them a force to be reckoned with on all fronts.

Another great match for me would probably be the inter vs bayern rematch in the round of 16 in 11, the second leg 3-2 to inter. That was quality, pandevs goal in the match in the dying seconds was quality and eto'os performance that match was just :drool:.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, that 12 final almost gave me a stroke, we were a penalty away from going into the europa league next season. Munich were so poor in 10, the real final was the semi final between inter and barca.

Although I'm very impressed with the improvement of bayern over the past season, heyneckes has done a good job(despite not winning anything last season) he made them a force to be reckoned with on all fronts.

Another great match for me would probably be the inter vs bayern rematch in the round of 16 in 11, the second leg 3-2 to inter. That was quality, pandevs goal in the match in the dying seconds was quality and eto'os performance that match was just :drool:.
    Favourite moment though has to be Torres scoring against Barcelona i don't even care that it was against Barcelona, seeing him score against someone like us and Nevilles reaction was just unreal. Torres is the only player who can score 10 past Barcelona and il be happy still. 2012 champions league final and the tournament had some heart stopping penalty shootouts Bayern vs Real was brilliant as well.

More of the same this year please! :fuhrer:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Istanbul, or possibly the Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool CL game a few years back. That was a phenomenal game. My personal favourite to watch though was Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid; the football we played in the first half was out of this world.

Best I've been to? Wrexham 3-1 Boston Utd. We both needed a win to stay in the Football League, and we did it. Got relegated the next season though

• 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    At the ground it was Villa 3-4 Charlton. CL final '05 is up there though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What a game. What a chip.

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrexhamfc)
    Best I've been to? Wrexham 3-1 Boston Utd. We both needed a win to stay in the Football League, and we did it. Got relegated the next season though
    I was sitting in the MRS and i remember that game as if it was yesterday. Going absolutely crazy (just like everyone else) when Chris Llewellyn scored that goal to make it 2-1 and then going just as mad with his crazy cross to Proctor to make it 3-1. Great with a packed Racecourse. Another game was the FA Cup game vs Boro back in 1999. Fergie with the winner, again a packed ground but this time i was in the Kop, that's one that sticks in the head too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ac Milan vs Liverpool. '05 Champions League final.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The two best games I saw on TV as a Arsenal fan were Arsenal 5 Middlesbrough 3 in the 2004/2005. I remember was 3 - 1 down after 50 minutes remember getting worried thinking our unbeaten record was defintely gone then.. But the brillance of Bergkamp, Pires, King Henry and that spaniard Reyes turned it around for us, and enabled us to equal Nottingham Forest 42 unbeaten record.. The other game was The 99 FA Cup Semi Final against Man United. That game I think was when the premiership was it its best in the 90's compared to now.. You had Vieira v Keane, Seaman V Schmeichel , Bergkamp V Stam, Wenger V Ferguson it was frightening hiow intense the rivalry was back then. The result didnt go for Arsenal but if bergkamp had put away he penalty there would have been no United Treble and Arsenal defintely would have retained the double from which they won the previous year!! On another note best game i've seen live was Arsenal 2 Man United 1 06/07 Henry got the winner in the 90th minute you could ask for a better atmosphere or person to score at the end!!!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 22, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.