The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Computer Science

Anyone else doing Computer Science this year?Im hoping to make some friends before the course starts :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
They exist, but I'm guessing they are generally shy.
Reply 3
i know rights its been months and no ones replied im starting to think the only one haha
Reply 4
Computer science where? I am at ARU :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Im starting at Lincoln in September :smile:, how many years have you been at ARU
Reply 6
Ah nice! Are you doing any prep for it? I'm wondering whether I should or not!
I start in September too! :smile:

Reply 7
oh cool, in the same boat as me then, i started learning Java this morning actually, and i need to learn C# too sometime.. its nice to have a head start :smile:
Reply 8
Ah cool, I've been teaching myself python for no reason at all but c# is my next one!

Reply 9
hmm never thought about pyhorn actually , how hard is it compared to vb.net? i heard pearl my come up too :smile:
Reply 10
It's the easiest programming language. I haven't done any computing at a level so I thought this would be a good idea to get me started. You interested in networking?

Reply 11
ah right, what A levels did you do then. I duno actually i enjoyed networking the first year at college but i ended up choosing software development in the second year. id say im more of a programmer than on on the hardware side.
Reply 12
I did english lit and language, maths and psychology.
Ah cool! Yeah I'm a bit of both, is there anything you would recommend for me to read up on in terms of beginning networking??

Sorry, I hope I'm not spamming up your thread!!

Reply 13
dont worry about it, its been here for ages and no ones replied haha, if you didn't do any computing at Alevel what made you want to do computer science ?

for networking id say start with
*types of network and standards
*network topology
*network protocols

and the OSI model which is hard and complicated even i still don't get it,
ive got a few notes from college i could send you if you want
Reply 14
Ha okay :smile:
I don't know, it's a long story and hard to explain :tongue: in a nutshell I did one year at uni studying English lit and philosophy and didn't like it so transferred to something more objective which I will start in September :smile:

Okay sure! That would be great! Thankyou! :biggrin:

Reply 15
i hated english so much at gcse haha, plus computer science is much easier and has a higher chance of getting a good job after uni
Reply 16
Yeah, I realised that a bit too late! Plus it was so much reading. A novel a week at uni :frown:

Reply 17
haha sounds like fun atleast computer science gets better after all the theory and maths in the first year.. anyway you seem pretty cool. add me on Fb or twitter if you want link should be below :smile:
Reply 18
Hey yeah im doing computer science too dude! see you there! :smile:
Reply 19
I am doing this as well so I'll see you all there! I am a total novice to programming but I should be fine. Calin

Quick Reply

Latest