The Student Room Group

Revision Stress

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by echeee
So i need an overall grade of C at English Lit to get into uni.
I had a C at AS with a B in the C/W and a C in the exam.
So i'm resitting my AS exam in 4/5 weeks to try and boost it to a B/A.

I'm just really stressed as I also have 4 A2 exams to revise for and my revision table is actually daunting. Starting at 5pm and ending at 11pm.

I'm actually starting to get nose bleeds because of much i'm stressing. I just really need to get into uni.

I don't know the point of my thread but is anybody feeling this worried as i am? :frown:

Not trying to be a burden but if your working that hard and achieving a C grade then something is very wrong.
Reply 21
Original post by freedomyak
Not trying to be a burden but if your working that hard and achieving a C grade then something is very wrong.

I had a C grade last year... which is why I'm doing this much revision this year so I can higher than a C. :s-smilie:

Plus only two of the six hours is for english, the other 4 hours is for my other 3 exams lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Everyone full of positive energy? We can do this we aren't the first and aren't the last to go through exams.
yeah man! students have to do this everywhere in the world! just do not think too much about it. you will get over with school soon and then u will miss it!

in fact, I just saw this link someone else posted on another thread, it might help you http://stressintofocus.com i do not have any revision to do or any exams coming soon, but it looks helpful. since you seem stressed, you should have a look! there is some good advice in an ebook u can get for free there!

and... relax!!!!!!!!
Reply 24
Original post by originaljon92
yeah man! students have to do this everywhere in the world! just do not think too much about it. you will get over with school soon and then u will miss it!

in fact, I just saw this link someone else posted on another thread, it might help you http://stressintofocus.com i do not have any revision to do or any exams coming soon, but it looks helpful. since you seem stressed, you should have a look! there is some good advice in an ebook u can get for free there!

and... relax!!!!!!!!

good read!
You're creating the stress for yourself, chill out and reduce the amount of time you're working from. If you have frees at college or whatever, compensate then to give yourself time later.
Reply 26
Original post by BarBaBaBaBarBaBaBa
Okay, thanks for the advice! :biggrin:

Just one question... how on earth do you know what quotes to remember? I mean, you don't know what the questions are going to be before the exam, so do you just learn by heart a bunch of random quotes and hope they have something to do with the exam questions? I'm so confused :s-smilie:

Also, what exam board are you doing? Since you're from Wales, I'm assuming WJEC, right? Because I'm AQA... (hoping you're AQA too?) :colondollar:

Heya, I'm WJEC too but incase there's some similarity I just wanted to say that I found A2 waaaay easier than AS. Not less work or anything, just, AS is a huge adjustment and our teacher sorta rammed it into us that it was a really hard subject and we were all likely to fail... By A2 all that "compare and contrast" and additional research just seemed like a lifestyle (sad but true).
I now revise by themes - quote for each character description, additional quotes for important points should not be cop-out vague ones but it's good to memorise the minimum so something quite adaptable is great. Contextually, I tend to stick to descriptions, not quotes - but get a critical opinion for each theme.
Oh and use your board's specification to work out how to revise - it's where they usually simplify things down so you can see how to compartmentalise (if you see what I mean).

Sorry, I'm completely procrastinating from A2 english coursework but I hope that helps :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending