The Student Room Group

Provisional License Form

As I'm not using my passport for proof of identity, I'm going to use my National Insurance card and birth certificate to get my provisional license.

So in section 1 of the form where it says "Please write in the type and serial number(s) of the document(s) you are enclosing" what do I put as the serial numbers for my NI card and birth certificate? I don't really understand this part.

Thanks!
are you sure you can? my NI card says it's not a proof of identity...
DONT i did this they sent me back my D1 form on my 17th birthday. Was getting hapz when i saw the brown envelope only to be disappointed.

I'm not sure about your NI card but your birth certificate is alright. The serial number for your BC is at the front. All I'm saying is make sure someone signs the back of your photo and also section 7. If you are not sending your passport along with the form.
Reply 3
No it's ok the website says it's fine. The birth certificate is the main thing they want (if you're not sending a passport) but because it isn't full proof of identity it has to be sent with something else and a NI card is acceptable.

I still don't understand what serial numbers they want though :s-smilie:
serial number is on the documents!

so for example...

serial number of BC & Passport. Write it down in bold capitals if there are letters XXX12324, XXXXX1234
Reply 5
Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me
serial number is on the documents!

so for example...

serial number of BC & Passport. Write it down in bold capitals if there are letters XXX12324, XXXXX1234

Yeah I don't think you quite understand my problem.

I don't know WHERE to look for these serial numbers. The only number on my NI card is my NI number! Is that the serial number??

On my birth certificate there's a six digit number in the top right corner and a 9 character sequence of letters and numbers in the bottom left corner. Which of these, if any, is the serial number??
Original post by SensesFail
Yeah I don't think you quite understand my problem.

I don't know WHERE to look for these serial numbers. The only number on my NI card is my NI number! Is that the serial number??

On my birth certificate there's a six digit number in the top right corner and a 9 character sequence of letters and numbers in the bottom left corner. Which of these, if any, is the serial number??

The number at the top right (which is the one i've used!) is almost camouflaged, as if it's just part of the paper.
I read somewhere that you need to '2 Letter, 6 Number alphanumeric serial number at the top'.

Is what i found on an old thread on here when i searched.
Okay so the Internet has so far been useless, I ended up calling the DVLA; I was told that on your NI card/ letter the serial number is any number that seems/ is unique on your letter and this can include your NI number itself. If you were here wondering about your birth certificate also, it's the same - any unique looking number on the document; I personally used the 6 digit number written in red at the top right hand corner starting with two letters. I was also told that the number on these documents are needed so that they can all be kept together and the numbers can be recognised in relation to eachother, if that makes sense.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SensesFail
No it's ok the website says it's fine. The birth certificate is the main thing they want (if you're not sending a passport) but because it isn't full proof of identity it has to be sent with something else and a NI card is acceptable.

I still don't understand what serial numbers they want though :s-smilie:

will they accept national insurance letters? they dont give out cards anymore
Reply 9
Original post by Itssssjadee
xxx

Original post by king.ellie
xxx

This is (was) a 2012 thread...

If you want current advice it's best to start a new thread.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending