The Student Room Group

What to do after security studies?

Hi all!

I have a little inquiry concerning my future MA in International Security and Terrorism, for which I got an offer at Notts. Indeed, I hesitate between two field of activity, organisations such as NATO or private sector (insurance business).
I will only start this degree in september BUT I need to know what to do next, because the course doesn't prepare for a particular career, I will have to concentrate on particular skills that are different upon the chosen field, know what I mean?
E.g: If I wanna work for NATO, I would need to write a dissertation focused on security policy, but if I wanna work in the insurance business, I would preferably write sth on the cost of terrorism for insurance companies, or sth similar.

So finally comes my question: how to choose? Because as far as I checked, working in both field seems very competitive, with 1% success for NATO internship and slighly better for insurance business!
HEEEEEELP!!!!
Reply 1
you need to get networking!
Reply 2
Political/terrorism risk insurance, private security, civil service, risk assessments for oil and gas, infrastructure, et al.. It is very niche, but there are directly relevant jobs out there.
Reply 3
Hi, thanx for quick answering!

Actually, I think I shall call some HR of insurance companies + a responsible for my degree, in order to set up my mind and choose a career field!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending