The Student Room Group

WJEC CBAC GCE Computing CG1 May 2012 Revision

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DolallyDucky
I just scraped an A, they dropped my marks loads but I got pretty lucky. So many of my classmates failed though, even though we all thought it was easy! >_<

Ah you're a lucky one! >< the majority of my class left the exam thinking it was easy! Not really sure what has happened to be honest :\ I've asked for my paper back so I'll have to see
Original post by Miyata
Here's a summary from chapter 1.1 to 1.9, includes the most important parts of the topics. Done by my teachers, same as resources from Teacher but with some better examples etc in few parts. This stuff alone can probably pull a few grades up if someone thinks they might fail, and only 23 pages so not taking long to read. Might help some people even though its 12am, someone should still be online xD or maybe wake up early in the morning, seeing that exam is 9:15

thank you very much for this, i wish i had revised from your notes in may,
(+1)
am i right in saying that all this exam (CG1 and possibly CG3) requires is to remember the mark schemes from jan 2009 because the board wants specific bits in the answers otherwise the candidate gets no marks?
Reply 22
Original post by gaffer dean
thank you very much for this, i wish i had revised from your notes in may,
(+1)
am i right in saying that all this exam (CG1 and possibly CG3) requires is to remember the mark schemes from jan 2009 because the board wants specific bits in the answers otherwise the candidate gets no marks?

I would advise learning the whole material well, and then earn how you could reword all of your answers more clearly, and how marks schemes tend to word the answers. Because there were multiple cases when answer in one paper might not be awarded (full) marks in the other, based on the wording. I am not even talking about use of terminology, but basic wording. So yes, its always helps to know how the examiners prefer the answer, which you can learn from doing past papers and then marking it. But just reading through mark scheme is not enough, I suggest you to answer questions yourself, and then mark them, and see where you could've worded it better. That way you will remember it in the exam xD At least I do, as a flashback, lol.
Original post by Miyata
I would advise learning the whole material well, and then earn how you could reword all of your answers more clearly, and how marks schemes tend to word the answers. Because there were multiple cases when answer in one paper might not be awarded (full) marks in the other, based on the wording. I am not even talking about use of terminology, but basic wording. So yes, its always helps to know how the examiners prefer the answer, which you can learn from doing past papers and then marking it. But just reading through mark scheme is not enough, I suggest you to answer questions yourself, and then mark them, and see where you could've worded it better. That way you will remember it in the exam xD At least I do, as a flashback, lol.

True,
i'll take the advice,
how did you do in this exam?
I'm planning to resit in june as i only got a c, :frown:
my teacher who has been teaching computing for the last 30 years said the grade boundaries were the highest they've ever been including coursework grade boundaries!
I asked for my paper back to see what topics i need to improve on and hopefully get a better grade next time.
Reply 24
Original post by gaffer dean
True,
i'll take the advice,
how did you do in this exam?
I'm planning to resit in june as i only got a c, :frown:
my teacher who has been teaching computing for the last 30 years said the grade boundaries were the highest they've ever been including coursework grade boundaries!
I asked for my paper back to see what topics i need to improve on and hopefully get a better grade next time.

Well considering the % it wasnt that high, for cg1 it was 104/130 for an A. I got only 96 and almost full ums on coursework so I still got A overall, only me and my friend got A in whole college, but he got it after remark, +5 marks. I wanted a remark for higher ums average but was too late :frown: Hopefully I will do much better this year to get 90%+
Good luck with the resit.
Original post by Miyata
Well considering the % it wasnt that high, for cg1 it was 104/130 for an A. I got only 96 and almost full ums on coursework so I still got A overall, only me and my friend got A in whole college, but he got it after remark, +5 marks. I wanted a remark for higher ums average but was too late :frown: Hopefully I will do much better this year to get 90%+
Good luck with the resit.

that's impressive,

thanks and good luck to you too. :smile:
Reply 26
do you have CG3 notes as well ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending