Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Morally Right/Wrong?

Announcements Posted on

We have a test tomorrow and today in school I had some useful notes regarding the test. It was a small section but one guaranteed to come up on the test and I had spent time revising and writing the notes. It wasn't simple, but my tutor and me managed to work out a particular question and I made notes on it.

Today in school I showed a close friend what to do from the notes and how the problem works as he is helpful and always helps me when I need it.

Some guy, ABC who is horrible to me, pinches my skin, jabs me in the sides and often tries to humiliate me to look good with girls. On a side note, I asked him for help on Monday and he refused saying he didn't want to tell me.

ABC then copied my notes and I felt aggreived but couldn't say no as he'd try to humiliate me again. I still felt it wasn't fair that he was using me because he wanted my notes because he didn't have them but usually he is a **** to me. Naturally I wanted revenge!

So.. I went into his locker, got his bag and took my sheet out and threw it in the bin. It was on the back of a practice paper but he doesn't really care so I just got it and threw it in the bin.

But since then my guilt is really overcoming me, I have heard that he has been looking a lot for it and phoning people up to ask if they've seen it.

Was I wrong or right? It's tearing my consience and what would you guys have done?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We have a test tomorrow and today in school I had some useful notes regarding the test. It was a small section but one guaranteed to come up on the test and I had spent time revising and writing the notes. It wasn't simple, but my tutor and me managed to work out a particular question and I made notes on it.

Today in school I showed a close friend what to do from the notes and how the problem works as he is helpful and always helps me when I need it.

Some guy, ABC who is horrible to me, pinches my skin, jabs me in the sides and often tries to humiliate me to look good with girls. On a side note, I asked him for help on Monday and he refused saying he didn't want to tell me.

ABC then copied my notes and I felt aggreived but couldn't say no as he'd try to humiliate me again. I still felt it wasn't fair that he was using me because he wanted my notes because he didn't have them but usually he is a **** to me. Naturally I wanted revenge!

So.. I went into his locker, got his bag and took my sheet out and threw it in the bin. It was on the back of a practice paper but he doesn't really care so I just got it and threw it in the bin.

But since then my guilt is really overcoming me, I have heard that he has been looking a lot for it and phoning people up to ask if they've seen it.

Was I wrong or right? It's tearing my consience and what would you guys have done?
    This is a toughie the guy sounds like a 100 percent douchebag and well he deserves it, you did the revision and work and he wants to just swoop in and use it without doing anything? Only thing is you probably shouldnt have gone in his locker that could be morally wrong but other then that i think what you did was perfectly fine ! :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Meh sounds pretty even to me. You probably shouldn't have gone into his locker but he shouldn't have behaved like he did. You can argue either way but it's fairly close so i wouldn't worry about it too much.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    What would I have done? Not what you did because I'm not the type of person to into someone's private belongings and throw something away.

What you did, however, was completely understandable. You're pretty even, I'd think you should probably rise above him by just revising better and doing better than him. Him just copying the notes won't make him understand them anyway, if it took you a while with your tutor then it'll take him a while too. So I'd have let go, but definitely don't sweat about what you did
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    go slap him with a fish
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good. Next time backhand that boy. He sounds like a complete dick.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    That depends. Are you a utilitarian, or a virtue ethicist?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It can be argued like this:

He treated you like crap.

A) Treat him like crap and call it even.
    B) Do nothing, stay silent and lose respect for yourself
    C) Be professional and civilized about it

You choose A in my opinion. Some can say you stoop to his level. Who is at fault? Not entirely you and not entirely him. Both are equally wrong.

Don't let bullies win and don't be like them.

Move forward, let that be a lesson for him and you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It probably is wrong, but the moral guilt is negligible when compared to the satisfaction of ****ing over a total ****er

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 20, 2012
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.