Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do your biceps feel weird if you don't lift for a week?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    Amusing.

Offer holder to Oxbridge?

Active social life?

I train in the mornings and in the evenings most days, I can still go out afterwards on the odd weekend. Yes, I can't have junkfood or get pissed before an event, but that is part of the fitness lifestyle.

I spend 30 hours a week on my fitness. Thats it.

You have an offer to both oxford and cambridge? wow I'm impressed....I thought that you couldn't....o wait nevermind
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iSMark)
    You have an offer to both oxford and cambridge? wow I'm impressed....I thought that you couldn't....o wait nevermind
    No, what I meant was the 'rank' of the University. Oxbridge widely considered to be the terminology for the 'Big two' in the country. I suppose 'an Oxbridge Uni' would have been a more appropriate phrase.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you understand.

If you go to the gym, you go with the express purpose of either increasing your lifts, getting fitter/better at a sport or to gain aesthetics. Not training legs helps with NONE of these things, and ultimately makes you look like a **** of the highest order to everyone the moment you put on a pair of shorts and go to the beech.
    I don't care what people think of me when I go to the beach. Neither does anyone else really. I prefer to converse with people and get to know them.

I go to the gym 4 times a week, so I know what it's generally about. I've also met many types like you. I generally pity them.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

If you go to the gym, you go with the express purpose of either increasing your lifts, getting fitter/better at a sport or to gain aesthetics. Not training legs helps with NONE of these things, and ultimately makes you look like a **** of the highest order to everyone the moment you put on a pair of shorts and go to the beech.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordBradburn)
    Whatever you say.

You just let us know when that bench tips over the 100 kg mark.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, what I meant was the 'rank' of the University. Oxbridge widely considered to be the terminology for the 'Big two' in the country. I suppose 'an Oxbridge Uni' would have been a more appropriate phrase.
    So you hold an offer to Oxford or not? you stink of BS tbh mate.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't care what people think of me when I go to the beach. Neither does anyone else really. I prefer to converse with people and get to know them.

I go to the gym 4 times a week, so I know what it's generally about. I've also met many types like you. I generally pity them.
    You pity people who put effort into something?

Wow, I guess it true what they say. The lazy will often justify themselves by labelling the dedicated as deficient.

If you don't go to the gym to push yourself to your physical limit, in any of the areas in which you choose, you might aswell not pay your membership fee. Waste of time and money.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordbradburn)
    Oxford. Pinhead.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think this is relevant, he's a douche, whether he holds an offer for Oxford/Cambridge can't make up for a shallow personality.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You pity people who put effort into something?

Wow, I guess it true what they say. The lazy will often justify themselves by labelling the dedicated as deficient.

If you don't go to the gym to push yourself to your physical limit, in any of the areas in which you choose, you might aswell not pay your membership fee. Waste of time and money.
    I test myself, not the same as you with weights, but through cardio, 5km - marathon runs.

No, you misunderstood me, what I pity is your view that you think people look at you on the beach and actually care about your physique.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like cake.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alwaysneedinghelp)
    I like cake.
    Is that supposed to be cool/humorous and alternative?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

but yeah, I agree with this. Loads of guys at the gym don't understand the meaning of fitness. You don't just focus on lifting/etc.
    They may as well just train their right arm and not the left. Always a good idea to keep your whole body in line with itself, otherwise you'll end up chasing one or the other to keep up with the rest of you. If that makes sense...
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think this is relevant, he's a douche, whether he holds an offer for Oxford/Cambridge can't make up for a shallow personality.
    Your subjective analysis of my 'personality' really isn't based on a whole lot. It is based off an assessment of an opinion which many people who commit themselves to lives of fitness hold, it is not exclusive to those who are vain and narcissistic (Although I'd argue on a base level all human beings are somewhat) nor is it a necessary factor in holding that viewpoint.

You are presumably drawing the 'shallow personality' out of my comment about looking ridiculous at the beach, am I right?

Ok, let me put it this way. If you went to the beach with underwear on your head, you would draw negative attention. At no point did I say that the purpose of the gym, for me, was to attract positive attention, though I certainly don't seek out negative attention either. (Which you will do by building a huge upper body but ignoring your legs).

The gym for me is about personal improvement, like **** I care what people around me think. If I was to go for aesthetics then most of the utility I use my muscles for would be reduced and my ability to swim butchered. All I am doing is offering you a serious piece of harsh advice, you will look like a ****ing moron, if you only train upper body.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is that supposed to be cool/humorous and alternative?
    More alternative than anything else really, as a statement. I just think that people come on this to find out information, having people argue on every other thread is quite frankly, annoying and a waste of resources.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    "You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!"
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your subjective analysis of my 'personality' really isn't based on a whole lot. It is based off an assessment of an opinion which many people who commit themselves to lives of fitness hold, it is not exclusive to those who are vain and narcissistic (Although I'd argue on a base level all human beings are somewhat) nor is it a necessary factor in holding that viewpoint.

You are presumably drawing the 'shallow personality' out of my comment about looking ridiculous at the beach, am I right?

Ok, let me put it this way. If you went to the beach with underwear on your head, you would draw negative attention. At no point did I say that the purpose of the gym, for me, was to attract positive attention, though I certainly don't seek out negative attention either. (Which you will do by building a huge upper body but ignoring your legs).

The gym for me is about personal improvement, like **** I care what people around me think. If I was to go for aesthetics then most of the utility I use my muscles for would be reduced and my ability to swim butchered. All I am doing is offering you a serious piece of harsh advice, you will look like a ****ing moron, if you only train upper body.
    I just said I don't specifically target my quads etc, mainly due to running long distances and getting enough exercise to those areas that way.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Why do soooo many people not train legs? They are the foundation. I really think there is alot of money to be made opening up a 'curls gym', save money buying in power racks and loads of plates and just get a shed load of preacher benches everywhere job done
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Br1stol)
    Why do soooo many people not train legs? They are the foundation. I really think there is alot of money to be made opening up a 'curls gym', save money buying in power racks and loads of plates and just get a shed load of preacher benches everywhere job done
    Depends what you mean by train..does this mean it HAS to involve weights?

I consider running 30k-40 a week training, but not sure...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL just reread that was taking you seriously until you said you swam 24 hours a week :rolleyes:
    Top level U18 swimmers can swim over 30 hours a week. I used to train pretty seriously and at around 14 I was doing approximately that.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 25, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.