The Student Room Group

Warwick or UCL

hey guys,
I am doing a third year if Alevel, last year i got AAB now i have offers from

Imperial- A*AA (prob gonna be my firm)

then i have offer from Southampton -AAA, UCL -AAA/A*AB and warwick- AAB

now my question is what should i choose for my insurance, UCL is better for my course but if i choose warwick i will know i will get into a uni, no matter what happens in summer. Southampton, i am not sure about it (still open for suggestions though). help ME

Oh and by the way the course is Electrical/Electronic Egineering at UCL and IMP and electronic engineering at southampton/warwick

PS there is not much different between two courses except couple of modules
Reply 1
It all depends on how confident you are with your ability to get AAA tbh.. Since you've got AAB anyway, all you have to do is improve in one of your subjects and you're sorted :smile: but if you feel like there might be a risk that you wouldn't get AAA overall this year, by all means play it safe and choose Warwick!

What made you retake the year 13 if you got AAB last year though? Seems like reasonable grades!
Reply 2
thanks for the reply, thats what everyone else said, what i really wanna ask if i go to warwick would i miss out on something coz i cant find warwick in the electrical/electronic uni league tables ??

And i did the third year coz we just moved to uk (well 5 years ago now :P) so it was some weird thing about me have to be a full time student below degree education or something.

In other words i dont really know why i had to do third year, i was told i need so i did it. simples :smile:
Reply 3
Warwick is 7th in this league table; http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

I think, if you can raise the B to an A and you are almost sure you can, you should go for UCL. How did you do in your January exams? You should be able to work out how many marks you need to get in your summer exam, then you can decide whether its feasible :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by vish_93
hey guys,
I am doing a third year if Alevel, last year i got AAB now i have offers from

Imperial- A*AA (prob gonna be my firm)

then i have offer from Southampton -AAA, UCL -AAA/A*AB and warwick- AAB

now my question is what should i choose for my insurance, UCL is better for my course but if i choose warwick i will know i will get into a uni, no matter what happens in summer. Southampton, i am not sure about it (still open for suggestions though). help ME

Oh and by the way the course is Electrical/Electronic Egineering at UCL and IMP and electronic engineering at southampton/warwick

PS there is not much different between two courses except couple of modules

I would personally put Southampton as your insurance, Soton has a very strong engineering department (Stronger than UCL's and Warwick's imo)

However if you're quite up for the idea of living in London then UCL as an insurance could be a good bet.
Reply 5
Original post by Diaxer
Warwick is 7th in this league table; http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

I think, if you can raise the B to an A and you are almost sure you can, you should go for UCL. How did you do in your January exams? You should be able to work out how many marks you need to get in your summer exam, then you can decide whether its feasible :smile:

It is in the normal league table but it is not listed in the EEE course league table, i need to raise to an A in computing, i need 30 UMS marks or so, last year I had an A* in the coursework but D in the exam. so i might be able to. Thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Phil1541
I would personally put Southampton as your insurance, Soton has a very strong engineering department (Stronger than UCL's and Warwick's imo)

However if you're quite up for the idea of living in London then UCL as an insurance could be a good bet.

Okay, only problem with Southampton was, i didnt really like the place (as like halls and town as stuff). but thanks for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending