Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you make friends on here?

Announcements Posted on
    • 137 followers

ReputationRep:
    Like what is the criteria for adding people on here? Do you have to know them in real life first?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think this was that type. Tbh I joined this to join in the forums and have some banter. There are better media sources to meet people, but I guess if you went to the ski trip or something like that?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I've added/been added, it's normally because I've had a conversation with someone or bumped into them a few times. Or sometimes their profile's set to 'friends only' but the conversation I'm having with them's going in a direction that might send a thread off-topic (or it's on topic, but I feel like we're beginning to take over), so I'll add them so we can use visitor messages.
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Do you have to know them in real life first?
    lmao
    • 137 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    lmao
    :confused:
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, considering I have essay-length conversations going on on some of these forums, I figure that warrants friend status on here. Or good old debates as well.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    sometimes if you continually post on certain threads/societies you get to know people and you add them :dontknow:
    some people in my friends list I know irl, most not
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    That means no.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. It's the internet. More specifically, this is an online public forum. You do not need to know people in real life. Do whatever the hell you want as long as you stick to the rules.

If you go through the various forums, threads etc., you'll see what I mean. For instance, give the Debate & Current Affairs section a try.
    • 137 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    No. It's the internet. More specifically, this is an online public forum. You do not need to know them in real life. Do whatever the hell you want as long as you stick to the rules.
    Ah ok thanks
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I guess social skills aren't one of your multi-talents.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok thanks
    If you go through the various forums, threads and discussions etc., you'll see what I mean. For instance, give the Debate & Current Affairs section a try.
    • 137 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP1989)
    I guess social skills aren't one of your multi-talents.
    I suppose, I get quite self-conscious in public situations unfortunately. I mean I've added people on FB from my Uni but when I try to make polite conversations most of them just ignore me for some reason & never chat to me at all :dontknow:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not really I guess. I've added people on FB from my Uni but when I try to make polite conversations they ignore me for some reason & never chat to me at all :dontknow:
    Did you have a decent amount of face-to-face conversation before adding them?
    • 137 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP1989)
    Did you have a decent amount of face-to-face conversation before adding them?
    Not really I just saw them & said hi & that was about it. I have made some Uni acquaintances through FB before though but the majority wont talk at all
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not really I just saw them & said hi & that was about it. I have made some Uni acquaintances through FB before though but the majority wont talk at all
    With facebook, I only really talk to people that I know quite well outside of Facebook. I wouldn't start a conversation on facebook with someone I only really say 'hi' to once or twice.
    • 137 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink pineapple)
    With facebook, I only really talk to people that I know quite well outside of Facebook. I wouldn't start a conversation on facebook with someone I only really say 'hi' to once or twice.
    Ok fair enough I'm not trying to alienate people or anything as I'm just trying to be friendly but I catch your drift
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok fair enough I'm not trying to alienate people or anything as I'm just trying to be friendly but I catch your drift
    oh no, I understand that you're trying to be friendly but the reason why I said that is because, perosnally I prefer talking to people face-to-face so that's why I only really use facebook for people I know really well, even then I still feel slightly awkward.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not naming (user) names or anything, but I have a few people from here on my FB list.I've never met them but we are members of the same societies on TSR and thats how we "met".I'm not at uni but still have a couple of friends from there on FB.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 27, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.