Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Avengers - April 26th

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Iron man calls Hawkeye "legolas" :banana::banana::banana::congrats:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just saw it, the movie was amazing! Captain America is one of my new fav heroes
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one who found the film absolutely brainless and predictable? So so predictable.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Edward Norton! But the new hulk was pretty good.

And I think Stan Lee is taking too much credit for all the Marvel stuff.

Great film. I still think that Scarlett was there for eye candy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mirin?)
    Am i the only one who found the film absolutely brainless and predictable? So so predictable.
    What were you expecting going in?

EDIT: Really, neg for asking a question?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agata)
    My question is, who is the guy in the end-of-credits scene? He looked so familiar..
    It was Thanos. The clue was when the asgard villian mentioned "courting death", as Thanos has an obsession with death (who is actually a Marvel character and female) and wants to destroy all life in the universe just to please her.

Nope, read a few reviews from some others that also had that opinion. Their tone sounded like it was full of jealousy though. Unsure who they actually where but their personal profiles all suggested the posted from a watch tower in space and their usernames were:

Superman901
    BruceWayne01
    Green_Lantern_is_the_best
    Flash-4
    WonderWomyn
    • 26 followers

nice try. troll harder :console:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gateshipone)
    What were you expecting going in?
    What I said. I was dragged along by flatmates, it really was crap on 3d especially.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just watch it, I was a bit underwhelmed because of all the hype of some people and there was only slight differences in the 3D version,but it's still a great film nonetheless. And Tony Stark is just pure win :adore:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What I said. I was dragged along by flatmates, it really was crap on 3d especially.
    It's a movie that includes a norse god and a giant green angry guy...it's hardly going to be food for the brain. It does exactly what it says on the tin :s

In all fairness to you though, if you were dragged to it then that'd sour the experience anyway. If you'd chosen to see it then I'd suspect you may have a different opinion. The fact that you had no interest in seeing Earth's Mightiest Heroes get together probably plays a bigger part in why you disliked it than it's actual quality.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Can. Not. Wait.
    Glad I went when I did. Bloody brilliant. Yes, childish, with some frankly ludicrous moments, but some very funny moments, mostly involving Hulk.

(Original post by Sarah Frog)
    I really liked it, though, I thought it was a bit rushed, too much happened in a really short period of time

Beware: spoilers for the film ^^
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh, by the way, have any of you noticed the blond waitress? The one interviewed at the end of the film, I'm fairly sure she's going to be in the next Captain America, maybe she's Sharon Carter? The fact that her name wasn't revealed in the interview suggests that nobody wanted her name to be revealed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She wore a name badge: "Beth"
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please put spoiler alerts for EVERYTHING people!

I wasn't very enthused about it, but reading these fabolous reviews, i can't wait! Opening near me on Wednesday
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I saw it last night! I was hesitant seeing it because there is a lot of positive hype around it and I didn't want to be let down, but I really really enjoyed it. I always leave superhero films wanting to be one of them though. :ninja:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)

Spoiler:
    Show
    She wore a name badge: "Beth"
    Really? Well, the way she was kind of 'put on the front' as much as she was, I'm curious, and still thinking we're going to see her again
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Mask Duval)
    It was Thanos. The clue was when the asgard villian mentioned "courting death", as Thanos has an obsession with death (who is actually a Marvel character and female) and wants to destroy all life in the universe just to please her.
    Do you think that will be the lead in for the new Iron Man film, as Thanos most regularly appears against him. And it could be possibly an introduction of the infinity gems, and even better the Illuminati. Would love to see Dr Strange get a look in the movies.

Also, has anyone heard about the Jessica Jones tv show that will take place in the Cinematic Universe. I don't think her story would work as a film as it's less action based and more to do with her life and private detective career. But a Luke Cage role has been confirmed, which suggests it could also include Iron Fist, and hopefully the foundations of the New Avengers.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great film, everybody go and see it!

Spoilers

I actually found Johanssen, Legolas and Captain USA to be a little ridiculous. Ok, they're the most realistic of the lot, but putting them next to the super crew as 'equals' almost was laughable.

The end was a little silly too. For a start we know Stark's going to survive and come back, else he would have done a Bruce Willis. But I don't think he even needed to take that risk? In fact, he shouldn't have taken that risk? Chuck the nuke through and close the portal thing ASAP to stop the blast (of unknown timing?) hitting the city. Could have had moar Hulk instead of wasting time with that
    • 17 followers

I was really pleasantly surprised by how funny parts of the film were. Nicely balanced.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Frog)
    Really? Well, the way she was kind of 'put on the front' as much as she was, I'm curious, and still thinking we're going to see her again
    I hate myself for remembering that clearly, but yes, really. I'm not someone who's read all the stories or knows where it's heading so wasn't aware of any characters back story. But yeah, her name badge definitely said that. But you're right, the way they focussed on her was... leading.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The film really didn't do it for me. One of the least impressive movies from Marvel Studios, in my opinion. Whedon done an amazing job patching these distinct universes together, but you could see the seams. It could never have lived up to it's massive expectations, despite being a good film. It really felt like a set up for a sequel, as the UK title 'Avengers Assemble' suggests.

I felt like it could have done with being 3 hours in length. Whedon had to cut the movie from around that length to 2 hours and 20 minutes.

I'll try and say his without spoiling the movie for anybody who wants to watch it, but if you have not watched it I suggest you do not read the rest of my post. i.e. SPOILER ALERT.

Spoiler:
    Show

The lines sometimes felt out of character. "adopted", "put on your suit" (which sounded like bullying, to me), whilst entertaining didn't suit their respective characters. What's with the staff being picked up when everyone is arguing? That particular character was rubbing his eyes, so I assumed he was being manipulated but that didn't come to fruition. Seriously don't read the following if you haven't seen the film, but you would expect the alien race (I won't name them) to at least attempt to defend the portal which their allies are coming from, rather than taking over a library.

Also, is Nick Fury really so manipulative that he would wipe a dead mans blood on his collector cards? I guess Coulson does acknowledge the fact that without good reason the Avengers would never team up.

Also, every scene with Hulk was a standout. SHIELD also shone in this film, as they should. Nick Fury, Black Widow, Hawkeye and even Maria Hill feel like they have purpose. But surely SHIELD would have better defense mechanisms against someone launch off of their own base with a nuclear missile, like a button to shut down the plane. The moments when you get a panning action shot over all of the avengers is chilling and awesome. Some of the best moments in superhero cinema history.

But as a film, in general, it was a good popcorn movie. It's never going to be debated in a philosophy or psychology class (like The Dark Knight Rises probably will), but it is good entertainment. Seeing it the second time with a responsive crowd really adds to the reception. When I watched it on the 26th it was a good audience, but on the 28th at a later time their was cheering and clapping, making for a really good audience. If possible see it with friends.
    • 26 followers

(Original post by DJEvelyn)
    The film really didn't do it for me. One of the least impressive movies from Marvel Studios, in my opinion. Whedon done an amazing job patching these distinct universes together, but you could see the seams. It could never have lived up to it's massive expectations, despite being a good film. It really felt like a set up for a sequel, as the UK title 'Avengers Assemble' suggests.

I felt like it could have done with being 3 hours in length. Whedon had to cut the movie from around that length to 2 hours and 20 minutes.

I'll try and say his without spoiling the movie for anybody who wants to watch it, but if you have not watched it I suggest you do not read the rest of my post. i.e. SPOILER ALERT.

Spoiler:
    Show

The lines sometimes felt out of character. "adopted", "put on your suit" (which sounded like bullying, to me), whilst entertaining didn't suit their respective characters. What's with the staff being picked up when everyone is arguing? That particular character was rubbing his eyes, so I assumed he was being manipulated but that didn't come to fruition. Seriously don't read the following if you haven't seen the film, but you would expect the alien race (I won't name them) to at least attempt to defend the portal which their allies are coming from, rather than taking over a library.

Also, is Nick Fury really so manipulative that he would wipe a dead mans blood on his collector cards? I guess Coulson does acknowledge the fact that without good reason the Avengers would never team up.

Also, every scene with Hulk was a standout. SHIELD also shone in this film, as they should. Nick Fury, Black Widow, Hawkeye and even Maria Hill feel like they have purpose. But surely SHIELD would have better defense mechanisms against someone launch off of their own base with a nuclear missile. Like a button to shut down the plane. The moments when you get a panning action shot over all of the avengers is chilling and awesome.

But as a film, in general, it was a good popcorn movie. It's never going to be debated in a philosophy or psychology class (like The Dark Knight Rises probably will), but it is good entertainment. Seeing it the second time with a responsive crowd really adds to the reception. When I watched it on the 26th it was a good audience, but on the 28th at a later time their was cheering and clapping, making for a really good audience. If possible see it with friends.
    Congratulations, you have ruined your own experience by over thinking this.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 12, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.