The Student Room Group

AQA -- A2 -- English Literature & Language B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I can't see what they can set from Act 5 going by the criteria they've used when selecting previous extracts:
Must have Hamlet in it
Only two major characters (in terms of utterances)
Must be relatable to themes and to rest of play (must be a meaningful exchange that moves the play forward rather than phatic)
Must be approx 50 lines

I think it will be Hamlet and Ophelia (Get thee to a nunnery) Act 3 Scene 1. Just my guess though :wink:
Reply 41
Original post by Turtletron
I can't see what they can set from Act 5 going by the criteria they've used when selecting previous extracts:
Must have Hamlet in it
Only two major characters (in terms of utterances)
Must be relatable to themes and to rest of play (must be a meaningful exchange that moves the play forward rather than phatic)
Must be approx 50 lines

I think it will be Hamlet and Ophelia (Get thee to a nunnery) Act 3 Scene 1. Just my guess though :wink:

what theme would you put with that scene? I was thinking the bit with Hamlet and Laertes fighting at Ophelia's funeral if they wanted Act 5, dunno what theme that would be though haha
Reply 42
Hamlet and Ophelia - potentially honesty? Or Hamlet's attitude towards her? I dunno for sure. That's the extract I've been using to practice exam technique with tough so I've got my fingers crossed
Reply 43
Hey guys, struggling last minute here, don't seem ready at all!

Nobody seems to be studying translations which is a little worrying as i'm stumped for what to revise!

Anyone?
Reply 44
Original post by JoeyT94
Hey guys, struggling last minute here, don't seem ready at all!

Nobody seems to be studying translations which is a little worrying as i'm stumped for what to revise!

Anyone?

In what case would translations be used? :smile:
Reply 45
I'm sorry, it's a play we've studied; Translations by Brian Friel :smile:

No one else seems to be doing it!
Reply 46
Original post by JoeyT94
I'm sorry, it's a play we've studied; Translations by Brian Friel :smile:

No one else seems to be doing it!

Haha! OH Sorry :') Blonde moment :P
Reply 47
Hamlet and Ophelia - potentially honesty? Or Hamlet's attitude towards her? I dunno for sure. That's the extract I've been using to practice exam technique with tough so I've got my fingers crossed

I don't understand that scene at all haha! Definitely stressing now!
Reply 48
Original post by laureneb10
I don't understand that scene at all haha! Definitely stressing now!

Essentially Hamlet's got a grudge against womankind after his mother's actions and takes it out on Ophelia.

What we, as students, have to do is show how he does this and briefly talk about why.

How: Find a quote where he's dissing her - use terminology to identify the quote(if in doubt use sentence types (declarative/imperative etc)) - explain how this disses her (with reference to the question)

Why: Mention the rest of the play. This is where you talk about Hamlet's grudge against woman for example.
Reply 49
Essentially Hamlet's got a grudge against womankind after his mother's actions and takes it out on Ophelia.

What we, as students, have to do is show how he does this and briefly talk about why.

How: Find a quote where he's dissing her - use terminology to identify the quote(if in doubt use sentence types (declarative/imperative etc)) - explain how this disses her (with reference to the question)

Why: Mention the rest of the play. This is where you talk about Hamlet's grudge against woman for example.
wicked thanks! suppose it makes sense when you break it down really
Reply 50
Good luck everyone :biggrin:
Good luck everyone :biggrin:

LOL thanks, going to need it :tongue:
YOU TOO!!!! :smile:
How long would you plan in the exam? As we only get an hour for hamlet...?
It's pretty close now! Having to spend all morning in a Media lesson as well, getting a bit worried!

Original post by Rebecca_ann
How long would you plan in the exam? As we only get an hour for hamlet...?

My teacher recommended that we plan for the first half-hour, and then spend 45 minutes each on the questions. :smile: Up to how you find best though, of course.
Original post by Introvert2020
It's pretty close now! Having to spend all morning in a Media lesson as well, getting a bit worried!

My teacher recommended that we plan for the first half-hour, and then spend 45 minutes each on the questions. :smile: Up to how you find best though, of course.

Thankyou. Yeah 2hrs to go! I'm trying to scan everything ahh
How did everyone find it?
Streetcar and section B question
Reply 56
Original post by ToyosiBaby
How did everyone find it?
Streetcar and section B question

Streetcar wasnt too bad, the question was open - but section B was just horid!
Was your section B a poem and a conversation between pat and Pauline?
I did hamlet for section A

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Rebecca_ann
Was your section B a poem and a conversation between pat and Pauline?
I did hamlet for section A

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yes it was :smile:
Original post by JodieBean
Streetcar wasnt too bad, the question was open - but section B was just horid!

What links did you make on section B?
What was your L.O.Argument for streetcar?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending