The Student Room Group

AQA -- A2 -- English Literature & Language B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
My argument was that she was looking her grip on reality - expands from that

And i dont remeber much of section B - subverted schema because of 'Weird' animal/ item in wales umm used Labovs therory and adhereance to grice wbu?
Original post by JodieBean
My argument was that she was looking her grip on reality - expands from that

And i dont remeber much of section B - subverted schema because of 'Weird' animal/ item in wales umm used Labovs therory and adhereance to grice wbu?

My argument was that she was being betrayed by Stella and Eunice and without the removal of her in this scene (11), there wouldn't be a restoration of normality..then I related this to Old South being ravished/removed by New America 'Stanley rape in sc10 and her sister' again through betrayal..then I used the line that Williams used in his interview to himself that life is full of 'evasions and ambiguities'

Section B I made a link of story-telling, and unexpectations...
Graves in text B uses the the irregular stanza's to show the unexpectance of something...LOL...
SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINE ANYWAY.. lool :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by JodieBean
Streetcar wasnt too bad, the question was open - but section B was just horid!

Original post by ToyosiBaby
How did everyone find it?
Streetcar and section B question

I didn't like the vagueness of, "what happens to Blanche". Was this referring to what is actually happening to Blanche in the extract, or what is imminently about to happen? Hmm.
Original post by gemnomnom
I didn't like the vagueness of, "what happens to Blanche". Was this referring to what is actually happening to Blanche in the extract, or what is imminently about to happen? Hmm.

A bit late of a response (sorry just got this) but I believe it to be what is happening to Blanche in the extract but of course you are expected to draw up an argument and use both cataphoric and anaphoric references.
Reply 64
Got a D in this fecking paper.
Reply 65

No worries me too :frown: I got a B overall though. How about you?
Reply 66
Does anyone know how many marks overall you needed for an A*?

I know someone else who got a D in the paper :/ it was rather hard, I was shocked I got an A 2bh
Reply 68
I know someone else who got a D in the paper :/ it was rather hard, I was shocked I got an A 2bh

Original post by Turtletron
No worries me too :frown: I got a B overall though. How about you?

I feel fecked off and let down that I got a D in this paper. My teacher's gotten married and pissed off so I can't even take it up with her. Eugh.
I feel fecked off and let down that I got a D in this paper. My teacher's gotten married and pissed off so I can't even take it up with her. Eugh.

Have you not been able to get a priority re-mark???
What were you expecting / expected to get?

I hope you're ok though :/ I can only imagine how upsetting it must be
Reply 70
Heyyyyya guys :smile: do any of you know examples of synchronic variation and diachronic change? Thank youuu xx
Reply 71
Have you not been able to get a priority re-mark???
What were you expecting / expected to get?

I hope you're ok though :/ I can only imagine how upsetting it must be

I decided against it. As if I had gotten 1 mark lower, I would lose my A in English and possibly my place at Leeds Uni. Cheers for your reply though :smile:
I decided against it. As if I had gotten 1 mark lower, I would lose my A in English and possibly my place at Leeds Uni. Cheers for your reply though :smile:

No problem and OOhhh don't worry about it, I'm assuming that you got into your University of choice and despite the module grade all they care about is your overall so don't stress and delight in your grade..it took me a while to get over my C in history exam (B overall) but I realised that it still isn't a bad grade and got me to where I wanted and above! :biggrin:
GOOD LUCK IN YOUR FUTURE AT LEEDS!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending