Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Philosophy summer course

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody doing the University of Sussex summer school in the Philosophy of Art and Aesthetics? It looks so interesting (to me at least!) but I'm worried there won't be enough interest and it'll be cancelled.

Or has anyone done it in the past and can let me know what it was like and whether it was worth the cost?

Also, does anyone know of anywhere else that runs a short summer course in this subject? (Philosophy of art and aesthetics.)

Thanks
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    You might be interested in this:
    http://books.google.co.uk/books/abou...0C&redir_esc=y

Or the first part at least .

I've got a bigger book on it that I've been meaning to read for a year now. I've got a lot of books like that.
    • 71 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by innit)
    Is anybody doing the University of Sussex summer school in the Philosophy of Art and Aesthetics? It looks so interesting (to me at least!) but I'm worried there won't be enough interest and it'll be cancelled.

Or has anyone done it in the past and can let me know what it was like and whether it was worth the cost?

Also, does anyone know of anywhere else that runs a short summer course in this subject? (Philosophy of art and aesthetics.)

Thanks
    That looks incredibly interesting. However a) very expensive, b) 4 weeks?!! c) only aimed at international students? and d) I have a full summer pretty much anyhow. These all count against it sadly.
    • 71 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    You might be interested in this:
    http://books.google.co.uk/books/abou...0C&redir_esc=y

Or the first part at least .

I've got a bigger book on it that I've been meaning to read for a year now. I've got a lot of books like that.
    Putting that on my summer holls reading list. Thanks very much for the recommendation
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalliope)
    Putting that on my summer holls reading list. Thanks very much for the recommendation
    Have you read any of Wittgenstein's work before?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey did you already apply for the summer school? I can't find anyone online who's applied, and it's confusing me. I got a confirmation for Victorian women's literature yesterday (:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your comments and the recommendations

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 6, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.