The Student Room Group

Now Feminism has infiltrated our judiciary

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bonged.
What if they are both massively intoxicated?

Would find it hard to believe they would even be able to have sex with them being both drunk but in that case it does depend on the situation. If a heavily intoxicated man asks a heavily intoxicated woman for sex and she says no then it is still rape. If she says yes on the other hand, I wouldn't personally say it was rape and I'm not sure how the law falls. Having said that, I should highlight that in this case there is no evidence the men were heavily intoxicated.
Original post by swiftylol
How was he meant to know? and even if so, why were both of them not sentenced?

You can clearly tell whether a person is drunk or not, its not that hard to spot. I cannot say why the other guy wasn't sentenced, though with the given situation he should have been as well.
Reply 22
Original post by Nightstar-27
Would find it hard to believe they would even be able to have sex with them being both drunk but in that case it does depend on the situation. If a heavily intoxicated man asks a heavily intoxicated woman for sex and she says no then it is still rape. If she says yes on the other hand, I wouldn't personally say it was rape and I'm not sure how the law falls. Having said that, I should highlight that in this case there is no evidence the men were heavily intoxicated.

Lol. Drunk people often have sex.

Obv.

Obv.

I guess people shouldn't have drunk sex, just in case someone regrets it the next morning. Shame.
Reply 23
"Now Feminism has infiltrated our judiciary."

High time.
Reply 24
The way rape is handled in this country is ridiculous.
A female can decide she was raped, go into a police station, report it, and within a day the person she reports will be taken off into custody. His name will be printed in all the papers as being "arrested for rape", and he will be named and shamed for a crime it hasn't even been proved he's commited, but then, if the female made it up completely, when the case gets thrown out, she still gets complete anonymity, no matter how much of his life she's ruined.
Absolutely crazy in my opinion that if a girl left my house the next morning and decided I had raped her, no matter my innocence my life would be ruined.

EDIT: Strong negs from people in denial about how one sided the way rape is handled in this country. You think if I walked into a police station having got blacked out drunk and woken up in some other womans bed, and claimed rape, I would be taken seriously? Female on male rape isn't even acknowledged in the UK justice system.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
Why isn't it rape? Because she was drunk? Given that the only evidence she consented is from the two footballers, who could themselves easily be lying there is still a chance she said no.

The criminal justice system doesn't work like that, guilt needs to be proven beyond any reasonable doubt otherwise he is innocent. 'A chance she said no' is not enough.

It was her own decision to get drunk. If she can't handle it, she should have stayed sober. It's 100% her own fault.
Reply 26
Can't believe you're blaming equal rights for women on this.

By being drunk her judgement was impaired she could not give consent with a clear mind and he took advantage of that.
Original post by Bonged.
Lol. Drunk people often have sex.

Obv.

Obv.

I guess people shouldn't have drunk sex, just in case someone regrets it the next morning. Shame.

Its harder for a man to get hard when he is drunk, so if he was heavily intoxicated it would reduce the chances of them being able to have sex.

In my personal opinion, people shouldn't get so drunk that is seriously stops them being able to make decisions but I still wouldn't support letting crimes against intoxicated people to be dismissed and considered ok.
Reply 28
Its harder for a man to get hard when he is drunk, so if he was heavily intoxicated it would reduce the chances of them being able to have sex.

In my personal opinion, people shouldn't get so drunk that is seriously stops them being able to make decisions but I still wouldn't support letting crimes against intoxicated people to be dismissed and considered ok.

Drunk people have had sex before. Who was raping who?

Who would. We're talking about whether having sex with a drunk person makes you a rapist.
Original post by ms1024
The criminal justice system doesn't work like that, guilt needs to be proven beyond any reasonable doubt otherwise he is innocent. 'A chance she said no' is not enough.

It was her own decision to get drunk. If she can't handle it, she should have stayed sober. It's 100% her own fault.

Atm the criminal justice system believes that having sex with someone who is intoxicated is rape as according to said justice system a person can't consent to sex when intoxicated. It has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that she was intoxicated thus making her unable to consent according to the justice system.

It was their decision to sleep with her knowing that she was drunk and this being considered rape, thus it is partly his own fault.
Original post by KJane
Can't believe you're blaming equal rights for women on this.

By being drunk her judgement was impaired she could not give consent with a clear mind and he took advantage of that.

Well millions of men and women up and down the country should all be arrested and thrown in jail for 5 years according to you. People have sex all the time after drinking heavily.

I can guarentee if the roles were reversed and the man/men were drunk and she was relativley sober then this would never have made it to court she is just salty that she was spit roasted.

Take a trip to Ibiza/Magaluf/Ayia Napa etc... and you will see many "rapes" going by your defefinition. The goal/aim/point of holidays to places like that is to get drunk and have sex.
Original post by Bonged.
Drunk people have had sex before. Who was raping who?

Who would. We're talking about whether having sex with a drunk person makes you a rapist.

You're repeating yourself. I have already answered this question. If a drunk man asks a drunk woman for sex and she says no and he still has sex with her it is rape. If she said yes then I personally don't see it as rape, however if you wish they can both be considered to have sexually assaulted each other and both be sentenced.
Reply 32
Original post by Shabalala

Well millions of men and women up and down the country should all be arrested and thrown in jail for 5 years according to you. People have sex all the time after drinking heavily.

I can guarentee if the roles were reversed and the man/men were drunk and she was relativley sober then this would never have made it to court she is just salty that she was spit roasted.

Take a trip to Ibiza/Magaluf/Ayia Napa etc... and you will see many "rapes" going by your defefinition
. The goal/aim/point of holidays to places like that is to get drunk and have sex.

:rofl:
National figures in summary
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14844985

15,940 rapes in year to March 2011
12% classed as no crime
24% of all cases lead to conviction or caution
Proportion of convictions in cases that go to court is rising - up from 58% in 2009 to 71% in 2011

rape is the most unreported crime with the lowest conviction rates...soo can't really see how feminism has infiltrated the judiciary system...:s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 34
You're repeating yourself. I have already answered this question. If a drunk man asks a drunk woman for sex and she says no and he still has sex with her it is rape. If she said yes then I personally don't see it as rape, however if you wish they can both be considered to have sexually assaulted each other and both be sentenced.

:lol:

What about if a sober woman has sex with a drunk man? Is this rape?
Reply 35

Take a trip to Ibiza/Magaluf/Ayia Napa etc... and you will see many "rapes" going by your defefinition. The goal/aim/point of holidays to places like that is to get drunk and have sex.

It takes a great deal to get a conviction for rape, not just a simple 'oh I was drunk' comment. Thus, as any mildly intelligent person, clearly not some people, can see.. not every drunk sexual encounter is rape

Learn about the judicial system before embarrassing yourself.
Reply 36
Aw Sheffield United are ****ed now :grr:
Original post by Bonged.
:lol:

What about if a sober woman has sex with a drunk man? Is this rape?

Considering my previous answer, it would be safe to presume that I think yes, it is rape though technically it is sexual assault, which has nothing to do with me.
Reply 38

Thanks for your condescending post, I don't live under a rock and am well aware that people have sex while drunk, but some might remember it and that they gave consent or accept the fact. Technically, if consent isn't given then it is rape, even if that means that it is reguarly carried out by thousands all the time. But if people are actively going out to seek that doesn't mean she was. Had she been sober, she might not have slept with him. He still took advantage when she clearly wasn't in a fit state.

People shouldn't get that drunk, but he shouldn't have done it with a drunk girl in the first place. I don't think it's fair to say its entirely her fault, he could have easily have said no to her.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39
Considering my previous answer, it would be safe to presume that I think yes, it is rape though technically it is sexual assault, which has nothing to do with me.

That's mad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending