Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

whos looking forward to collecting their uniform at UDAC?? :D

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow volunteers,

although i got invited to collect my uniform on 26th april, i chose not to go since it was a bit inconvenient for me.

however i did pick to go on 30th april!

quite excited to be honest, what about everyone else??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to it, except for the BaseBall Hat, that will be hidden away.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited too! A warning though, the UDAC is in a notorious area so be careful.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wonder how many people will turn up, collect the uniform and then not bother actually going to the Games...?

And as much as I've got my offer, I've had no further communication about what test events I'm doing or when to get my stuff.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Drewski, many are still awaiting news , and not all will be invited to a test event,
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divingbrit)
    Drewski, many are still awaiting news , and not all will be invited to a test event,
    Oddly enough, I know...

My point was, though, that there's naff all communication either way. If your way of finding out you're not going to a test event is simply to never be told, that's pretty appalling.
    And I too am still waiting for news re the Olympics. The offer I've received is for the Paralympics.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "test event is simply to never be told, that's pretty appalling."
    On that logic , you should be told if your lottery ticket is not a winner? Were we promised a test event, no, we offered to do one if it was available, if you ticked the right box on your application form.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divingbrit)
    "test event is simply to never be told, that's pretty appalling."
    On that logic , you should be told if your lottery ticket is not a winner? Were we promised a test event, no, we offered to do one if it was available, if you ticked the right box on your application form.
    No, because you enter that competition knowing the odds and the way the game is played.

When you volunteer for a job, to help out an organisation that will be utterly reliant on the calibre and willingness of it's volunteers, you expect a bit of communication about what's going on.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    okok guys, calm down your going off topic now...

(Original post by GodAtum)
    I'm excited too! A warning though, the UDAC is in a notorious area so be careful.
    ah im going to go with my friend to collect ours together so ill have company ^_^
    but have you been around there? as much as i know its like its in the middle of nowhere, although the place they use for certain events are rather... hmmm whats the word... you get what i mean
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to it! May 13th!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    they have added more earlier dates to the website so i shifted my collection day to 25th April lol

hows it goin guys
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12win12)
    okok guys, calm down your going off topic now...

ah im going to go with my friend to collect ours together so ill have company ^_^
    but have you been around there? as much as i know its like its in the middle of nowhere, although the place they use for certain events are rather... hmmm whats the word... you get what i mean
    It's like any other dodgy area in London i suppose!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well the games are in E.London after all haha. Their doing us a huge favour by sticking the games here. My area is going to be amazing after this.

I think I'll learn more about what I'm doing at my uniform collection then what I learnt at RST today haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't been given a date for uniform collection, but I don't know if I'll even need one as I'm a medal bearer so they may just give me the costume instead? I wish they'd tell me, I'm so excited either way!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanrpham)
    I still haven't been given a date for uniform collection, but I don't know if I'll even need one as I'm a medal bearer so they may just give me the costume instead? I wish they'd tell me, I'm so excited either way!
    Give a medal to me and I can make sure you won't even have to turn up for your shifts! You can relax at home, ahh.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Torres)
    Give a medal to me and I can make sure you won't even have to turn up for your shifts! You can relax at home, ahh.
    Haha! I think I'll pass
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hehe seems like things are goin pretty smoothly
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12win12)
    hehe seems like things are goin pretty smoothly
    Tell me about it, I must say the organisers are really quite slow, but I'll give them their due, they're handling close to 100,000 people!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanrpham)
    I heard that those of us in victory ceremonies don't get the standard uniform but instead what we wear for those, which I assume is a dress of some kind for the girls, no idea what it would be for the guys.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    I heard that those of us in victory ceremonies don't get the standard uniform but instead what we wear for those, which I assume is a dress of some kind for the girls, no idea what it would be for the guys.
    It was a dress for the ladies in Vancouver, and same for Beijing! London 2012 will be the first modern Olympics where men are Medal/Flower Bearers...I'm hoping for a sexy tux, but I'm aware that may be asking for too much :P

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 2, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.