The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Northumberland vs Passfield for meeting people

Hi there,

I will be doing the general course and I'm trying to figure out which would be better for meeting people: Northumberland House or Passfield Hall. One one hand, in Northumberland you share a bathroom/kitchen with 6 other people, so it seems like you could get to know them very well. On the other hand, Passfield is a smaller community and everyone eats in the canteen, so you can meet people in that way. Which do you think is better for meeting people, or just better in general?
Reply 1
Original post by ashby
Hi there,

I will be doing the general course and I'm trying to figure out which would be better for meeting people: Northumberland House or Passfield Hall. One one hand, in Northumberland you share a bathroom/kitchen with 6 other people, so it seems like you could get to know them very well. On the other hand, Passfield is a smaller community and everyone eats in the canteen, so you can meet people in that way. Which do you think is better for meeting people, or just better in general?

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/lifeAtLSE/accommodation/forStudents/allocation/info/quotas.aspx

see the % of undergrad and general course students in each hall on this page
and come to some conclusions :tongue:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Thank you very much Milan thats about as clear cut as it gets!
Reply 3
A separate question: is the pub in Passfield still closed?
Reply 4
Original post by ashby
Hi there,

Hi, I am a second year student at Sciences Po in the Europe-Asia program. My university has an exchange agreement (on the General Course) with the LSE. But in my case it would be a bit unique because mine is a three-year undergraduate degree and, so in essence, after the completion of my third year, I would have graduated from my home institution (Sciences Po).
In such a scenario, I had some queries concerning the General Course:

a) Is the General Course at par with courses offered at LSE to usual undergraduates
b) How would you assess the teaching and guidance on the General Course, particularly in Law, Economics
c) What are the network opportunities offered by the General Course over the duration of the year, in particular among General Course students (since I reckon there are over 300 each year)
d) Importantly, how well would one, as a General Course student, be able to utilize the Careers Service desk at LSE for potential full-time employment opportunities after the completion of the year

Please try and help at the earliest since I have to hand over my year-abroad options to Sciences Po very soon. Thank you.

Kishan K. Kumar

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending