The Student Room Group

Level 2 numeracy enough to get onto PGCE?

Hi guys,

I am about to start an access course in September, however they are only offering the level 2 numeracy as an equivalent to GCSE Maths, i have been told this will be fine to get me onto a university degree but i am wondering if it will be enough to get onto a PGCE as i have been told they will only accept GCSE Maths and not the level 2 equivalent!

Help!

Matt
No it isn't acceptable. Some universities do offer an equivalence test but you would be better advised to retake GCSE. Please note that it is proposed that the minimum requirement for teaching rises to GCSE grade B in English and mathematics in time.
You should be able to do the GCSE Math at your college! I did this aswell as the access course, so it should be no problem for you to get on to this. Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Think that is for primary teachers Mr M, however i am now going to enroll on the GCSE course alongside my access course
Original post by Matt_Bennett33
Think that is for primary teachers Mr M, however i am now going to enroll on the GCSE course alongside my access course

Nope - Gove and Gibb want it to be applied to all new teachers. Good luck with your GCSE course.
Reply 5
Hopefully we will have someone else in charge by the time i come to apply........

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending