Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

iPhone 4S 32GB vs. Blackberry Curve 9360

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my contract runs out in 2 weeks (and I do not want to keep it on a month to month basis cos I go over my calls and texts every month!) and I am debating which to get out of these two phones and thought here would be a good place to gage people's opinions on the pros and cons of each
    Both come on the same contract, at £36.00 a month for unlimited calls and texts, with 1GB data. The only difference is the iphone costs £169.99 at the start (but if I were to get the iphone I would sell my 32gb ipod touch, so it would work out pretty much free).
    Really, there is nothing to tell between them price wise.
    So which do I get?
    • 69 followers

ReputationRep:
    The iPhone is the lesser of two evils, tbh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    iphone. I had a curve for 2 years and it was okay, but now I have an iphone 4 8GB (got it cause it was cheaper than the 4S and I didn't need siri or the extra memory) and it is just so much better!

you could get a 16GB 4S instead? there's loads of contracts at carphone warehouse where the phone is free at £36 a month
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a white Blackberry Curve 9360 and dear god, stay a mile from that phone. I've had it for four months and I'm counting the months till I can get the iPhone. The Blackberry is so fragile and gets scratched so easily. Lately, my memory card doesn't even appear and I can't save stuff. I could rant about this phone for hours.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    avoid blackberrys like the plague theres a good reason theyre being forced out of the public smart phone market and back to coporate sales... get the iphone
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise looking into Android and WP7 handsets too, if you are unsure about what suits you best then these alternatives are worthy considerations. The Lumia 800/900 and HTC One X/S are excellent handsets. Definitely don't get a Blackberry though, to put it eloquently, they suck balls.

I personally rank them as follows:

-Lumia 800
    -iPhone 4S
    -HTC One S
    -Rock
    -Blackberry

The top three are interchangeable based on OS preference. Try and spend some time using all three systems if possible [=
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I got the iPhone 4S (16GB) today, after having the 3GS for two years.

I think that it's a really nice phone, it's fast, easy to use. Mine was £36 a month, two year contract, and paid £49.99 up front for the phone. Only downside is that if you use it constantly on demanding apps, the battery life can go in a few hours, which has been an annoyance in many iphones. Other than that, i'm extremely happy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People still consider buying BlackBerrys?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I'd advise looking into Android and WP7 handsets too, if you are unsure about what suits you best then these alternatives are worthy considerations. The Lumia 800/900 and HTC One X/S are excellent handsets. Definitely don't get a Blackberry though, to put it eloquently, they suck balls.

I personally rank them as follows:

-Lumia 800
    -iPhone 4S
    -HTC One S
    -Rock
    -Blackberry

The top three are interchangeable based on OS preference. Try and spend some time using all three systems if possible [=
    Why not the One X?
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lohoj)
    Why not the One X?
    Like I said, that was my personal preference. The One X is just too big for me, I wouldn't buy any handset that's larger than 4.2", 4.7" is just ridiculous in my opinion. If the OP feels differently, then the One S and One X are obviously interchangeable.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyRy93)
    People still consider buying BlackBerrys?
    this :jester:

but yh id go for the iphone
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had the 32gb model... I've used up my 16gb model
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    AVOID BLACKBERRIES

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hated my Blackberry. Got an iPhone now and I love it, would pick an iPhone.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I regret getting an iPhone, I had a BlackBerry Curve before and I wish I got the new Bold instead.

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Iphone... DEFINITELY the iphone

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 3, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.