The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by sword
wtf, that's so ****ed up, like a saw movie

how was this not all over the news

Selective media coverage. Got to keep community relations at the utopian standard they are currently at. :colone:
Original post by Skipbell
why didn't that get national news then? to not upset any feelings, stick to PC, stick to the guidelines of promoting and not exposing Multicultrualsim, to not be seen to 'target' anybody.

if a gang of white men had killed a muslim child everybody would have known her name.

Didnt a gang of white men who killed black teen stephen lawrence still free to walk the streets?
Reply 122
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
Didnt a gang of white men who killed black teen stephen lawrence still free to walk the streets?

???????????????????? how many years you going back. funny how you can't name present day events.

nor can you say white men are raping muslim children because of their race.:rolleyes:

steven lawrences killers are in jail. get with the times...
Original post by Florrick
It directly references from Grethe Kleivan, Deputy Director General of
The Royal Norwegian Ministry of Justice and the Police.

Hope that helps. :smile:

what has it got to do with religion at all. your source is saying it doesnt know the religion of the rapists. it has nothing to do with their nationality or where they are from. generation immigrants 2nd and 2rd have been brought up by foreign culture parents. that is what it is about not what religion they are. dont see why that makes a difference if you know what i mean
Original post by Bonged.
You can't do anything really. Just either leave the area or leave the country. I mean if they're doing it in shropshire it's got to be widespread. I wonder if it would be racist for a northern working class family to tell their daughters not to go off with pakistani blokes cos of stuff like this.

from my knowledge some do you know. my sister had a friend who was told by her dad not to see them or be their girlfriend because it will not be genuine i cant say i thought bad of him for this. their values are different and we are meant to accept them. there is a lot of apologizing here on this thread :frown:
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
What rubbish, kashmir, even by pakistani standards is a depressed region full of poverty, hence why most unskilled pakistani immigrants in this country have come from that region originally.

Why would any british pakistani want to go and live there, there are cases of them being kidnapped in pakistan and their families back here sent ransom demands- comparativley bradford and oldham are paradises

you always know who it is when you hear in the news of a british citizen visiting their family elsewhere and never returning
why didn't that get national news then? to not upset any feelings, stick to PC, stick to the guidelines of promoting and not exposing Multicultrualsim, to not be seen to 'target' anybody.

if a gang of white men had killed a muslim child everybody would have known her name.

Erm this was all over the news...
The police made a right hash of it though

Original post by Bonged.
I wonder if it would be racist for a northern working class family to tell their daughters not to go off with pakistani blokes cos of stuff like this.

At the risk of making my parents sound like racists mine have said this to me... And we're Asian!
Reply 127
Original post by Ayshizzle
Erm this was all over the news...
The police made a right hash of it though

At the risk of making my parents sound like racists mine have said this to me... And we're Asian!

no it was not all over the news.
Original post by badcheesecrispy
you always know who it is when you hear in the news of a british citizen visiting their family elsewhere and never returning

Have you heard about this case?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Shafilea_Ahmed

Very sad.
no it was not all over the news.

As I remember, yes it was.

In all fairness, a lot of Pakistani's these days don't give the rest of us a good image. On the plus side, all the chavvy types can be filtered out quite easily
Reply 131
As I remember, yes it was.

does everybody know who charlene downes is?

NO. we all know who steven lawrence and those 3 muslims killed in brum though are don't we...? those cases were glamourized.

same double standards in PC'ness.

this grooming epidemic has been going on for 10 years..10 years it takes to report these events. i wonder why...
Original post by de_monies
In all fairness, a lot of Pakistani's these days don't give the rest of us a good image. On the plus side, all the chavvy types can be filtered out quite easily

Yeah, it's because we live near Bradford and most of the Pakistani boys you see around there behave horrendously.

does everybody know who charlene downes is?

People who were watching the news at the time of the trials, yes they probably do.

NO. we all know who steven lawrence and those 3 muslims killed in brum though are don't we...? those cases were glamourized.

I don't know about the 3 Muslims guys in Birmingham...

same double standards in PC'ness.

this grooming epidemic has been going on for 10 years..10 years it takes to report these events. i wonder why...

Like I said, the police have made a right mess.

Very sad.

i have just read that and have never heard of this case before and it hasnt even gone to trial yet 6 years after the body was found. this is not the first honour killing case in the uk by minority by any stretch of the imagination. this minority is so small in this country yet we are hearing so many bad things done by them. i have pointed out my thoughts on immigration on another page here that it does need tackling for many reason. this is one of them. well 2 considering the raping problem of young girls by gangs and the problem of young woman being killed by the family. always women suffering here aswell. saddening and heartbreaking :frown:
Original post by badcheesecrispy
i have just read that and have never heard of this case before and it hasnt even gone to trial yet 6 years after the body was found. this is not the first honour killing case in the uk by minority by any stretch of the imagination. this minority is so small in this country yet we are hearing so many bad things done by them. i have pointed out my thoughts on immigration on another page here that it does need tackling for many reason. this is one of them. well 2 considering the raping problem of young girls by gangs and the problem of young woman being killed by the family. always women suffering here aswell. saddening and heartbreaking :frown:

I only knew about this because she went to my bfs school.Her parents had another trial last year and were let off! Absolutely appalling.

How and why is this linked to 'Multiculturalism', whatever the hell that is anyway. (Can you explain it to me??)

You have seriously black and white thinking. You're not seeing the reality - just that these people are Pakistani/Muslims etc. and therefore their crime infers that the presence of their entire race/religion ought to be disallowed in this country. And not only that, but inhomogeneity of race and religion in this country altogether?

That's seriously sad. You think that just because a sizeable section of this population (and I admit this happens a lot) commits these kinds of crimes, you can label their whole race as being backwards and barbaric??

Tell me to my face that I'm backwards and barbaric, and that all of my views are at complete odds with the native European (of which you are an archetypical example, I'm sure).

You're making massive assumptions. You're implying a 180 million-strong nation of stone age rapists.

The issue is far, far, far more complicated than that. I'm not denying this happens a lot, but the social dynamic is more involved than you care to realise. Grow up.

Very sad.

there is actually advice given out to pakistans here visiting family at home that locals will often see western pakistanis as more wealthy and they should heed showing anything that might be seen as wealth about whilst visiting home. this is a horrible situation that a person is not safe even visiting their own family.

Yeah, it's because we live near Bradford and most of the Pakistani boys you see around there behave horrendously.

The guys in Leeds (centre) seem to behave a bit better, iirc (Or might just be my group of friends)
Reply 138
Original post by murcielago998
How and why is this linked to 'Multiculturalism', whatever the hell that is anyway. (Can you explain it to me??)

You have seriously black and white thinking. You're not seeing the reality - just that these people are Pakistani/Muslims etc. and therefore their crime infers that the presence of their entire race/religion ought to be disallowed in this country. And not only that, but inhomogeneity of race and religion in this country altogether?

That's seriously sad. You think that just because a sizeable section of this population (and I admit this happens a lot) commits these kinds of crimes, you can label their whole race as being backwards and barbaric??

Tell me to my face that I'm backwards and barbaric, and that all of my views are at complete odds with the native European (of which you are an archetypical example, I'm sure).

You're making massive assumptions. You're implying a 180 million-strong nation of stone age rapists.

The issue is far, far, far more complicated than that. I'm not denying this happens a lot, but the social dynamic is more involved than you care to realise. Grow up.

1. nowhere have i called pakistani's barbaric

2. nowhere did i blame all pakistani's for these crimes in the comment you quoted.

i have no idea why people like you like to make up stuff then pretend others have said it.

i don't know what forum your reading but next time try to not attack somebody for something you imagained they said.

i'm not the idiot here. you are.
Original post by de_monies
The guys in Leeds (centre) seem to behave a bit better, iirc (Or might just be my group of friends)

Generally, yes. But saying that I met some awful ones when I lived in Leeds too. You guys are probs the good ones :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending