The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

I've receive a confirmation now I'm worry I've heard about crime capital of uk n etc

Is it right??? Or it was in the recent past?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yup, apparently out of the 300 days you'll be there you'll be shot or stabbed 250 times...so it could be worse but it isn't great.

But in all seriousness, ignore the sociologically backwards media reports on crime in the area and those that get caught up on it. Just because so and so was shot there a year ago doesn't mean you or everybody else there gets shot routinely. Yes, there's crime just like every other city and it has more than its fair share I suppose, but most of it results from stupidity...live in secure halls, lock your doors, close your windows and don't stagger up to a cash machine while hammered down a dark street and then start waving the money around and you'll be just fine.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
lol
it will be the 1st time when I'm away from ma family that's a basic reason of ma worries...
Reply 3
Original post by Turkan
lol
it will be the 1st time when I'm away from ma family that's a basic reason of ma worries...

Lemme guess...you come from the countryside?
Reply 4
From Asia :wink:
Reply 5
Well obviously depending on which part you are from you may find Nottingham really tranquil...honestly, things get blown well out of proportion in the UK.
Reply 6
Turkey
Reply 7
So you have a revolution going on next door and you're concerned about what Nottingham will be like?! lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Looool u r right but here I'm not alone :smile:)))) but yea there r too many terrorism acts in our daily life in some areas :s-smilie:
Reply 9
not overall crime capital. just gun crime capital. does that reassure you? haha.

but seriously, my friend is considering going to nottingham as she lived there when she was little. and shes not worried. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Turkan

There is, I think, higher levels of crime. But once you take reasonable precautions, I'm sure you will be fine
Reply 11
Just gun??? Just gun capital?? Ohh ok then thanks I'm not worry anymore
Nottingham is much safer than Turkey so don't worry.
Reply 13
Original post by Turkan
Just gun??? Just gun capital?? Ohh ok then thanks I'm not worry anymore

Best thread Ive seen in a long time :rofl:
Don't worry, I only got shot twice on my visit day
Original post by Turkan

I'm at the University of Nottingham and I can tell that it's totally fine. No more dangerous than any other city in the UK - there are really rough bits, but the rhetoric of it being dangerous is very outdated.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Nottingham is much safer than Turkey so don't worry.

Hardly.
Reply 17
Alanya? Who hv recommend it to u for holidays?
I'll advice u to visit BODRum..it's great place to spend summer holidays n it's not much expensive ..every year There ppl come from different parts of the world...AND IT'S SAFETY))))I'll be there this summer
Reply 18
Either OP is trolling or OP is really silly. How can someone from Turkey be worried about crime rates in the UK given that the UK is a much much more safer society than Turkey.
Reply 19
Original post by Dont Tread On Me
Don't worry, I only got shot twice on my visit day

u think u r cool n funny?????? Then I hv bad news lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending