The Student Room Group

C1 (Not MEI) - Wednesday May 16 2012, AM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
:smile:Good luck to everyone
Original post by Kabelan1
lol, it was a really hard exam, i scraped a C, but the question that killed it for me was the one about line AB, having a length 6sqrt(5),...........

Same but I got a fairly high C, we redid the paper last week for homework, I realised on that question I'd been heading in the right direction in the exam and 1 tiny little thing would've made it click and I'd have got the marks. Our teacher gave us the mark scheme and my method wasn't on there :/ so with what I did I got 1/6, if I'd kept going I would've got the answer and another 8% in the exam. Might've scraped an A :frown:

Been doing quite well in other past papers this time round though, feeling quietly confident... Having said that, I've got a free straight after, will probably be on here panicking about every question.

Good luck everyone!
Reply 42
im ready to get 100 ums in this paper!
Reply 43
Good luck everyone!
Reply 44
Original post by hrbrox
Same but I got a fairly high C, we redid the paper last week for homework, I realised on that question I'd been heading in the right direction in the exam and 1 tiny little thing would've made it click and I'd have got the marks. Our teacher gave us the mark scheme and my method wasn't on there :/ so with what I did I got 1/6, if I'd kept going I would've got the answer and another 8% in the exam. Might've scraped an A :frown:

Been doing quite well in other past papers this time round though, feeling quietly confident... Having said that, I've got a free straight after, will probably be on here panicking about every question.

Good luck everyone!

Hey, thanks, for that 6sqrt(5), i couldn't find my method on the mark scheme either, my method was to simply take one of the points as the centre of a circle, and 6sqrt(5) to be the radius, so i could find the intersection of the circle with the line.
Reply 45
does any one have the jan 2012 c1 paper?
(edited 11 years ago)
Good luck people!!
Reply 47
Good luck :wink:
Reply 48
Good luck everyone!!
What did everyone think?
What was the answer to the question where you had to find the values of k for which the equation does not intersect the x-axis.
I think i got something like
-sqrt5<K<+sqrt5
Reply 51
Original post by steven hawking
What did everyone think?

Didn't do the paper, but how did you find it?

Mr M will probably do a mark scheme for this exam so just keep a look out on the Maths Exams forums! :h:
Reply 52
is this for the edexcel c1 paper
Original post by Yoyoman08

No, the ocr one.
Reply 54

No, I think someone else on the forums dose worked solutions for Edxecel though :colonhash:
Original post by Doctor.
Didn't do the paper, but how did you find it?

Mr M will probably do a mark scheme for this exam so just keep a look out on the Maths Exams forums! :h:

It went good thanks, not many difficult questions so the grade boundaries are going to be high. So the silly mistakes i always make will be costly though, haha.

Okay cool, i will do. Cheers.

What did you think?

Original post by Doctor.
No, I think someone else on the forums dose worked solutions for Edxecel though :colonhash:

Link?
Reply 57
I found the exam really really good. How long before people post up the paper and mark scheme?
1 x3 -6x2 -11
2 i) k=1/4
ii) k= -3/2
iii) k= 24
4 i) 2(x-5)2 -1
ii) minimum point = (5, -1)
5 i) graph
ii) a translation of 4 units in the positive x direction
iii) y = square root (1/5 x)
6 Normal to the curve = 4x -6y -29 =0
7 16+6 root 7, 16- 6 root 7 (16+- 6 root 7)
8 i)stationary point is at (-2, -48)
ii) this is a minimum
iii) x3 + 4 increase as x increases when x> -2
9 i) 0 < x < 4 (length can't be negative)
ii) 1.4 < y < 4.8
10 i) centre (5, -2), Diameter = 10
ii) y = 2x -12
iii) length CP = root 20, P is inside the Circle
iv) y=2x doesn't meet the circle because b2-4ac=-76 < 0

Not sure what q3 was, i can't remember :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by joker12345
What did you think?

Link?

Not sure if anyone has made it yet, just keep checking every few hours and it'll be there :smile: i'll link if I see it :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending