Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Manchester United vs. Everton, KO 12:30pm, 22/04/12

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fair play. I'd be interested to see how those compare against the whole of the league, though, as opposed to just a select few.

What classified as a 'defensive error'?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    3 bad games?

You argued about Smalling having a case due to being younger, as well as 'arguably' being better. Yet it wasn't Smalling that's been in the team since Vidic got injured, but hey, we haven't faced any hard opposition since then, have we?

You are a ****ing joker.
    Yes but you conveniently chose to ignore the majority of the post.

Yes, we have and when we've played away against a good team we haven't been good defensively (newcastle, chelsea, liverpool, spurs - how the f we won that ). It might not be soley Evans' fault that we haven't but i can't think of a stand out performance from him away from home (or at home tbh) besides one where he's been a major factor in a draw/loss.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    BBC Sport feed getting trolled: From Red Devil in London, via text: "Our season has imploded at the wrong time. Our over-paid mercenaries do not have the spirit that "Citeh" do. Get SAF out and Mourinho in this summer."
    :lolwut:
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I've never understood Evans, really. Admittedly he's hardly a player I focus on a lot, so perhaps my opinion is moot. However, I've always thought that Jones is better, as is Smalling.

Ferguson has done so many good things at United but keeping Evans and selling Pique for a pittance can't be one of them.
    Jones isn't better at the moment (he's the worst of our CBs, but he does have age on his side). Smalling has around the same ability as Evans, just been unfortunate with injuries this season. Smalling and Jones are probably 'better on the eye' but Evans is a good reader of the game, you have to watch him closely. He's more likely to struggle against physical players rather than the tricky players along the ground.

Gerard Pique had Rio Ferdinand and Vidic in front of him during his time at Man Utd. Aerially, he was very weak (even routine headers seemed to be a problem) so there was no way he could have replaced Vidic. Meanwhile, Rio was at his peak, ability wise and fitness wise, so there was little chance of him making it into the team, he had to be patient. And then there were guys like O'Shea, Brown, etc. All tried and tested in the league and better in the air. When Barca came in, Pique wanted to leave because they promised him first team football. Evans was out on loan the previous two seasons with Sunderland and he had been very impressive (and throughout his youth career he was also very impressive). Evans came in for a few matches here and there in his first season and he impressed. Since then, he's had to replace Vidic and Rio, had a long period of inconsistency and a downturn in confidence, but this season he has been good for the most part.

Patience is the key here, Pique didn't see regular football any time soon (which is fair enough and he still had a very strong bond with Barca) whilst Evans was willing to wait - and he's had to wait quite a long time for this run of games, mainly because of Vidic's injury and Rio not being able to play every week.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    BBC Sport feed getting trolled: From Red Devil in London, via text: "Our season has imploded at the wrong time. Our over-paid mercenaries do not have the spirit that "Citeh" do. Get SAF out and Mourinho in this summer."
    :lolwut:
    :lol:

How can any true United fan actually say that?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    What classified as a 'defensive error'?
    Everything Evra does?

Given loss of possession is a different stats i assume it doesnt count just passing badly at the back so stuff like missing a kick/header they should have easily got, things like that?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Conceding 4 against Everton at home man :rofl: Strange as apparently Jonny Evans is the best defender that's ever existed.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bless, Mau5 clearly showing his terrible spamming ability again
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isitinyet?)
    Yes but you conveniently chose to ignore the majority of the post.

Yes, we have and when we've played away against a good team we haven't been good defensively (newcastle, chelsea, liverpool, spurs - how the f we won that ). It might not be soley Evans' fault that we haven't but i can't think of a stand out performance from him away from home (or at home tbh) besides one where he's been a major factor in a draw/loss.
    Evans has played in two of our four losses.

He didn't play against Newcastle, but kudos for effort.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Evans has been playing well, but I would never go as far as to say that he's a world class centre half. Aganist the very best, his flaws will bubble up the surface. I personally would not trust him in a Champions league semi final.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually said he is world class... ?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Has anyone actually said he is world class... ?
    well no.. but it seems to be pointing that way. For Ferguson to say that 'he's arguably the best centre half in the country, it would indicate that him being world class is the case, unless the calibre of premier league defenders is very low.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Evans has played in two of our four losses.

He didn't play against Newcastle, but kudos for effort.
    he played in the others. Effort? Sorry I didn't spend my day checking through results to try and prove someone's opinion wrong (oh, wait, you can't prove an opinion wrong), unlike some, kevmeister. :L

However, i think you'll find the general consensus among united fans is that evans doesn't have the class to play for united.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    he played in the others.
    No.. he didnt..

However, i think you'll find the general consensus among united fans is that evans doesn't have the class to play for united.
    Hahahahahahaha
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.. he didnt..

Hahahahahahaha
    he played against tottenham, he played against chelsea, he played against liverpool.

+ wow, i didn't even quote you and you still managed to find my post. Definitely seems like there's a lot going on in your life...
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    he played against tottenham, he played against chelsea, he played against liverpool.
    p
    We didnt lose to any of them in the PL.

Evans has played in 2 of our four losses.

Try harder.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    City winning 1-0

Come on wolves!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aguero, one zip. What a player man.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    We didnt lose to any of them in the PL.

Evans has played in 2 of our four losses.

Try harder.
    hahahaha when did i mention the pl? Why try harder
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha when did i mention the pl? Why try harder
    Since the whole discussion has been about the PL, on a thread about a PL match.

Try harder.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 22, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.