Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Ad HOC - Official Newspaper

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    August interviews are already lined up, but I'll pencil you in for September
    Ok thanks.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhadamanthus)
    Pencil me in too, I was promised an interview ages ago.
    Sure thing.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    OK, we'll do an August edition - I'm thinking we should aim to get it out in the week beginning August 9th.
    Would you like me to compile everything then? I won't be working on it just yet as I'm on a tiring two week course finishing next week Friday. So I'll probably do it after that if you agree. Thoughts?

Do you have a template? What software do you use?
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    Would you like me to compile everything then? I won't be working on it just yet as I'm on a tiring two week course finishing next week Friday. So I'll probably do it after that if you agree. Thoughts.
    It would be a massive help if you can consolidate all submissions and content into one word document so I can simply transfer it over to the final template. It doesn't take me that long to make the final edition but collating content is quite time consuming so your help would be much appreciated there - if that's OK with you.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    It would be a massive help if you can consolidate all submissions and content into one word document so I can simply transfer it over to the final template. It doesn't take me that long to make the final edition but collating content is quite time consuming so your help would be much appreciated there - if that's OK with you.
    That should be fine. I'll make a start this weekend. Can you PM me with some of the stuff you want to feature in the newspaper & where it's coming from? ie which member of TSR has wrote it?
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm aiming to get this published next week. Could people who promised content please send it in, as we've had nothing so far...

Similarly, anyone who wants to contribute - please do! Send your submissions to the usual address.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm aiming to get this published next week. Could people who promised content please send it in, as we've had nothing so far...

Similarly, anyone who wants to contribute - please do! Send your submissions to the usual address.
    *clears throat* you've had nothing so far? :holmes:
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    *clears throat* you've had nothing so far? :holmes:
    Cheers for your article - we definitely have that!
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for your article - we definitely have that!
    Super. Is there any publication date in mind at the minute? Have people been interviewed as well?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:

You got my e-mail?
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacDaddi)
    You got my e-mail?
    I think we did
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    I think we did
    Do we have two articles now then which have been submitted from people who aren't on the editorial team?
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can I do the gossip section? :mmm:
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do we have two articles now then which have been submitted from people who aren't on the editorial team?
    Ermm I think so. I don't know who the other person on the editoral team is. I know MacDaddi is on Opinion & Debate.

We've received articles from tehFrance and MacDaddi.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    Can I do the gossip section? :mmm:
    Birchington can answer your question.

QFA
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    Ermm I think so. I don't know who the other person on the editoral team is. I know MacDaddi is on Opinion & Debate.

We've received articles from tehFrance and MacDaddi.
    I.e you and Birchington.

Excellent. It's shaping up to be a bumper summer issue.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I.e you and Birchington.

Excellent. It's shaping up to be a bumper summer issue.
    Oh okay! Sorry!

I have to agree, it is shaping up rather nice.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    Oh okay! Sorry!

I have to agree, it is shaping up rather nice.
    Any idea on a definite release date or is next week the general sort of time to expect it? The newspaper certainly has taken off - I'll give you that so kudos to the two of you.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any idea on a definite release date or is next week the general sort of time to expect it? The newspaper certainly has taken off - I'll give you that so kudos to the two of you.
    I think I heard Birchington mention the 12th August, but next week definately. I've not had much involvement in this issue so I don't know the status of it.

Thanks for your kudos, gratefully received.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wait, I sent you a word document with pieces from numerous people.. Have you got that?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 25, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.