The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Is there a lot of racism in Lincoln University?

Hi, I'm going to be coming to be coming to Lincoln in September to study business and management. I'm pretty excited but someone told me that the area is quite racist. I was just wondering if that was true because I am indian..
The only racist people I have met in Lincoln have been the older generation locals.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
I am caucasian, but I have many asian and friends of colour, and they've never encountered any racism at Lincoln :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by amyshamblesxx
The only racist people I have met in Lincoln have been the older generation locals.

I was under the impression they just disliked all students in general, haha :smile:

My best friend is sort of Indian/dark too and shes not had any problems like that as far as I'm aware. I'm from Nottingham and you always get **** off someone whoever you are walking around that city, I was really surprised when I came to Lincoln at how nice everyone is.
Reply 4
Lincoln is one of the least racist places around. There are many nationalities and peeps of differing ethnicity who live, work and study in Lincoln. Which is how it should be. :smile:
The reason you may have heard the place is racist might be because there were some upper class idiots last year doing games computing who had just been let off of the leash. Some of them went overboard and made a racist website and social media posts about one of the lecturers. My own experience of the place would be that it's a group of very kind and accepting people but hey; there's always some d**ks that ruins things for everybody, whatever uni you go to.
Reply 6
I finished my degree at Lincoln last year and there is some strong UKIP support in the surrounding areas where locals live but I never saw any issues in the centre or the west end where most student houses are. Every city has those working class white areas which feel threatened by immigrants so hate anyone not white... sad fact of life but Lincoln isn't by any means bad. Never heard any racial slurs or anything on nights out.
Reply 7
I have heard that the Business course has the most diverse group of people in comparison to other courses in Lincoln. I am also an Indian and will be coming to study Biomedical Science
Original post by Jasmine.*
Hi, I'm going to be coming to be coming to Lincoln in September to study business and management. I'm pretty excited but someone told me that the area is quite racist. I was just wondering if that was true because I am indian..

Hey Jasmine! I grew up in Lincolnshire and although it's not a very ethnically diverse place, I haven't heard of race being problematic. Generally it's very friendly.

I checked the race crimes database (below) and you can see it has a pretty low number of reported incidents (although worth remembering Lincoln doesn't have a big population)

Race.PNG

Quick Reply

Latest