The Student Room Group

Why is it seen as okay for guys to walk around shirtless but not females?

Scroll to see replies

oh you men would have a field day if ladies went round with thier boobies out :P

and i think it would be a bit awkward if men were walking round with hard ons because there were boobies everywhere! lol x
Because if a large number of women were walking around topless on a hot day/whilst running etc. there would be an exponential number of accidents :holmes:
This is Britain, that's why.

Maybe the answer is men covering up in some places more.
Because there would be several men who would have 'incident's if women walked around topless. :L
(edited 12 years ago)
You may walk around topless in my home. I have no problems with that...
Reply 25
Why would women want to walk around topless?
Boobs get stared at enough without having them out fully.

It would also make people feel uncomfortable if there were boners everywhere they walked due to their toplessness :tongue:
Original post by kunoichi
Why would women want to walk around topless?
Boobs get stared at enough without having them out fully.

It would also make people feel uncomfortable if there were boners everywhere they walked due to their toplessness :tongue:

But if everyone did it, no one would stare because it would be normal to see boobs.

And I'd personally take that as more of a compliment. :wink:
Reply 27
Original post by TheSownRose
But if everyone did it, no one would stare because it would be normal to see boobs.

And I'd personally take that as more of a compliment. :wink:

Eventually yes it would become the norm but initially everyone would be staring :frown:

I can see why you would find it complimentary but if you were surrounded by loads of guys you didnt know all with hard ons b/c all staring at your boobs wouldnt you feel a little scared/ threatened?
Especially as these guys may not necessarily be people you find attractive or younger guys, but older possibly not very nice guys.

Im not trying to say guys would actually do anything wrong/threatening just saying i would feel uncomfortable in such a situation :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by shy-girl666
oh you men would have a field day if ladies went round with thier boobies out :P

and i think it would be a bit awkward if men were walking round with hard ons because there were boobies everywhere! lol x

Original post by buildalegohouse
Because there would be several men who would have 'incident's if women walked around topless. :L

Men would get used to it. Page 3 might give someone (not from my personal experience, of course :colone:) a hard on the first time they see it, but after a while it won't anymore.

I think the initial reason is rooted somewhere in Puritanism, boobs are the devil's dumplings or something. A similar reasoning is used for the burqa and niqab - women's aesthetics can be distracting to men, making them want to have sex outside of marriage which is seen as wrong.

However, I wonder how women would feel if men no longer fantasised about what they were covering up, and only wanted them for their personality :wink:
for me personally, walking past a group of builders wearing a trenchcoat and overalls would make me feel intimidated, don't think I could handle going topless in the street!
I have an alternative theory. It's bad enough we have to look at some unsightly men with their tops off, why make it worse by making it a societal norm for women to do the same? Frankly I think it'd probably turn me asexual. I'm not sure everyone would be thanking liberal attitudes if we could see a morbidly obese woman with her nipples hanging down to her navel, among other things regarding her midsection.
Original post by lightburns
Social norm. In some other countries in Europe, no-one would care. I think Denmark is one of these. Apparently it's quite normal to strip off naked for a picture by the town square fountain, then put your clothes back on and walk off.

I would like it if someone from this area of countries could confirm/deny what I've been told.

woah :lolwut: i'm half danish and i must say, i don't think thats right at all... scandinavian/nordic countries are quite uptight, and i really cant see that happening. :P try france, apparently they all go topless on the beach. but then, theyre the french, what do you expect....:P
Original post by Hopple
Men would get used to it. Page 3 might give someone (not from my personal experience, of course :colone:) a hard on the first time they see it, but after a while it won't anymore.

I think the initial reason is rooted somewhere in Puritanism, boobs are the devil's dumplings or something. A similar reasoning is used for the burqa and niqab - women's aesthetics can be distracting to men, making them want to have sex outside of marriage which is seen as wrong.

However, I wonder how women would feel if men no longer fantasised about what they were covering up, and only wanted them for their personality :wink:

boobies arn't the devils dumplings!!!...... they're mine all mine! :colone: if the devil like my home grown dumpling then that's cool too :P lol

as regards to the whole personality thing, men would still want me casue my personality is just as awesome as my boobies! lol

:rofl: x
I assure you that society does not like it when I walk around topless.
Reply 34
Original post by shy-girl666
boobies arn't the devils dumplings!!!...... they're mine all mine! :colone: if the devil like my home grown dumpling then that's cool too :P lol

as regards to the whole personality thing, men would still want me casue my personality is just as awesome as my boobies! lol

:rofl: x

My point was, would a woman be happy if her appearance did nothing for her other half? :wink:
Reply 35
If girls walked around naked, sure they would turn guys on but as the whole naked thing became a norm, then there would be nothing for a guy to be turned on about as you would be soo used to seeing a good ass and tits all the time...right?
Original post by willbee
boobs are like sex organs. society doesnt want them publicly displayed. That and there would be a lot of car crashes and similar things if women went around with their tits on show.

Men would drive much slower in order to get a good look at boobs, as would many women.

Strategically placed topless women would improve road saftey.

Therefore, boobs save lives.
Original post by Hopple
My point was, would a woman be happy if her appearance did nothing for her other half? :wink:

because you men are very primal your brains arn't yet capable of disregarding the female form..... unless your gay then your compleatly safe lol :rofl: x
Reply 38
What about when guys with boobies walk around?
Reply 39
Original post by Zuki
Why? :colone:

because women have breasts, the logical answer :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending