Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever lost your faith? How did you deal with it?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So up until 3 weeks ago I think I still believed in God. But then about 2 weeks ago I was praying and I was like "Why am I doing this? I don't believe in God".

I thought it would feel like I'd lost a lot more, but it doesn't matter that much. Now I'm at uni I don't need God as much. I've got good friends who are better at supporting me than God ever was. They answer back when I talk to them.

The only issue is that I'm a bit lost without God. I just feel a bit like what do I do now? Has anyone else lost their faith? It wasn't like I followed any particular rules or lifestyle, it was just that I felt like I had more direction, more certainty in my reason for existence. Now I'm struggling to think of a reason for my existence, and this combined with a bleak imagined future is making me very depressed and I'm wondering what is the point of continuing to exist...

It doesn't feel like I've been freed because I'm not going to behave any differently, just I'm not going to pray to or worship anymore because I don't see the point.

I used to feel like the whole universe was connected like some grand design, like the thing about galaxies and sunflowers having the same pattern or something. Now, I don't feel connected to anything. If I could have my faith back I probably would, but you can't force a belief.

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm depressed by this new-found atheism, just as if I don't know what to do with myself and I'm gonna have a really lonely future.

• 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask what direction you thought your life was going in when you believed that you can no longer go down that you don't, despite the fact that your lifestyle hasn't changed in any way? You're partially right that life has no objective/transcendent meaning. However you're now free to find your own meaning, pursue what drives you. Work towards discovering something new, helping other people, or just making the most of every day. Life doesn't have to be meaningless or without direction just because you no longer believe that somebody's picked the direction for you.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willbee)
    So up until 3 weeks ago I think I still believed in God. But then about 2 weeks ago I was praying and I was like "Why am I doing this? I don't believe in God".

I thought it would feel like I'd lost a lot more, but it doesn't matter that much. Now I'm at uni I don't need God as much. I've got good friends who are better at supporting me than God ever was. They answer back when I talk to them.

The only issue is that I'm a bit lost without God. I just feel a bit like what do I do now? Has anyone else lost their faith? It wasn't like I followed any particular rules or lifestyle, it was just that I felt like I had more direction, more certainty in my reason for existence. Now I'm struggling to think of a reason for my existence, and this combined with a bleak imagined future is making me very depressed and I'm wondering what is the point of continuing to exist...

It doesn't feel like I've been freed because I'm not going to behave any differently, just I'm not going to pray to or worship anymore because I don't see the point.

I used to feel like the whole universe was connected like some grand design, like the thing about galaxies and sunflowers having the same pattern or something. Now, I don't feel connected to anything. If I could have my faith back I probably would, but you can't force a belief.

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'm depressed by this new-found atheism, just as if I don't know what to do with myself and I'm gonna have a really lonely future.

Although I have never lost faith in god....from what you have said I guess you are just a little lost in life...not because god is not present just generally....I'm guessing you might have either too much or too little work pressure which led you to take such decision and rethink god's presence...

Let me tell you something .... God is not just a being who will help you throughout your life ..... never ...God would never ever help you.... God is just a form of support that provides us with confidence that there is something greater than mankind.... somebody is looking over us and that feeling of satisfaction and being safe is the essence...the true meaning of God.

I would certainly tell you to just stop thinking about all the unanswered questions as they just hinder your life unnecessarily!!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've definitely had my ups and downs in my relationship with God and recently have found myself wondering, do I even believe this? is God even real? what's the point in following Him, i cannot sense him in any way...
    However, i've concluded that god must exist... there are so many arguments for it, but for me the teleological argument is the most convincing - look around you at the complexity of the world around us, that cannot have been formed simply out of coincidence. I suppose the real issue is having a relationship with that God (not romantic, just knowing each other...). I've found that because of how i've been brought up, knowing or not knowing God hasn't impacted my lifestyle, my morals are still the same, and i'm happy regardless. I just give myself the freedom to take it at my own pace. I'll pray and worship if i want to, but if i don't then i won't, because i don't want to sing songs where all the words are just hypocritical lies for me. I think discussing it with other people is helpful... and asking people who have had their faith all their lives how they do it!
    I can sympathise with what you've said and I think that 'having a break' from God can be a good thing, where you can assess if following God is what you really want to do. As a christian i've been taught that we are imperfect, so i have concluded that following God must be more about trying than succeeding. It's normal to have questions and challenge your faith - it shows that you aren't just swallowing what's given to you, and that you have a hunger for something more, and greater understanding i guess.
    Another thing to consider is that even if we leave God, He doesn't leave us. He didn't create us to have a lonely future, rather it says in Jeremiah 'For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'
    I don't know whether i'd say i've lost my faith or not... I'm certainly by no means burning with a passion for God like i did when i was a kid, but i still have the hope in Him, that even if i feel that i don't know Him, or ever hear from Him, He knows me, and that the future could be a bright place... hope it helps a bit?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I believed in God as a young child. I "lost my faith" several years ago when I was old enough to think for myself...

I feel alot wiser now: God probably doesnt exist.

I feel secure in my life with the knowledge that I am not one of the fools who proclaim God certainly exists, or one of the fools who proclaim God certainly doesnt exist.

We cant know, lets just live our lives and have a good time.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had problems with adjusting to certain habits after I lost faith in god.

I told myself that, since god doesn't exist, god wouldn't mind how my meat was killed before I ate it. I felt guilty whenever I ate any normal suermarket meat for a while though. Not because I thought it was wrong but because that feeling of guilt and fear of repercussion from god was ingrained in me since I was a child. The feeling that I was doing somehing wrong was more an instinct than anything else.

However, being aware of that and the potential implications it would have on my life, I forced myself to do certain things that I felt uncomfortable doing before (such as turning the light on and off on saturday). After a while of doing it the guilt goes away.

I know you said that your lifestyle hasnt changed at all, but maybe that feeling of being "lost" is a similar side effect and it would probably disappear over time.

Becoming atheist had the opposite problem on my brother than on me. He had no problem eating meat and working on saturday, but he did tell me that, like you, he felt lost. I never understood him, sorry.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I lost mine a while back, and have been fine with i since.

Since you didn't follow a particular lifestyle with it, why do you feel like you have no direction?

And I don't think you're going to have a lonely future, presumably you have family/friends.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're alive and able to experience existence, isn't that reason enough to live? The universe is still connected, in ways more fantastic that any religion could tell you. Did you know, for example, that we are all made of star stuff? Pick up some Carl Sagan at some point, you might find it helpful.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope. The more I learn, the stronger faith becomes.

But @ OP -

"We have made the Signs clear to you if you but use your intellect." [Al-Imran, 3:118]
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I accepted that I'd lost faith in God and I wasn't going to force myself to believe in something that deep down I didn't. Tbh I feel better since, because I felt as though I should keep my beliefs quiet because they weren't compatiable with religious ones. And there is quite a lot of things inherent in religion, God and holy books that I simply don't agree with or contradict themselves.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willbee)

We come up with our own goals, and our own reasons to exist. You get to decide on your own purpose, something that is dear to you, rather than just part of some master plan.

It may well take a while, but you will find something to strive for, and when you do it will be your own and no one else's.

As for the more meta aspect of it. We find the universe more amazing not because of its design, but its lack of design. When you stop looking through the darkened glasses of a religious outlook on the universe you can see it for all that it is and just wonder at it.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I lost my faith a few months ago.

I felt I was a pantheist for a little bit but it at least made me feel better. Then I thought that was unnecessary.

But after a while I felt a lot better. I feel more free and my life feels more special than it was when I was religious. I have a greater interest in the arguments for and against god so I think I'm more developed in that sense.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I lost my faith as I grew as a teenager and became able to think for myself.
    This "faith" however, was just really a vague notion of some higher being called God.

I can remember making fun of the bible stories with a mate in primary school. Even my 7 year old self knew that was all a load of crap lol...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Can I ask what direction you thought your life was going in when you believed that you can no longer go down that you don't, despite the fact that your lifestyle hasn't changed in any way? You're partially right that life has no objective/transcendent meaning. However you're now free to find your own meaning, pursue what drives you. Work towards discovering something new, helping other people, or just making the most of every day. Life doesn't have to be meaningless or without direction just because you no longer believe that somebody's picked the direction for you.
    Hi, I suppose its mainly just finding a new meaning and purpose that is the reason I feel lost. Or maybe the realisation that there is no reason or purpose, which sounds simple but is quite scary. I never believed in Fate, I have always believed in Free Will, which in my eyes in incompatible with free will. It wasn't that I felt that God had some great plan for me, just that I felt like there was some reason for existence, even if that was just to love God. I don't have any particular drive though, I just want to enjoy my life, I'm not bothered about doing anything great like triumphing at sports or academia, I don't think I could anyway. I don't think my future will be any different, just godless, which is quite a lonely thought for someone who has believed that God would always love them their whole life. I suppose I've not lost any direction though because I never really had any in the first place so all that's changed is going from being loved unconditionally my entire life to never having been loved by this "being" and actually just a bit deluded. But it was good to read your response, I'm not going to suddenly drop out of uni because I've lost my faith and asides from my lack of faith my life probably won't be much different, if at all.

(Original post by Nikstar95)
    Although I have never lost faith in god....from what you have said I guess you are just a little lost in life...not because god is not present just generally....I'm guessing you might have either too much or too little work pressure which led you to take such decision and rethink god's presence...

Let me tell you something .... God is not just a being who will help you throughout your life ..... never ...God would never ever help you.... God is just a form of support that provides us with confidence that there is something greater than mankind.... somebody is looking over us and that feeling of satisfaction and being safe is the essence...the true meaning of God.

I would certainly tell you to just stop thinking about all the unanswered questions as they just hinder your life unnecessarily!!!
    I don't think it mattered that God would never intervene in my life, it was comforting just believing that someone was there to love me unconditionally. But I do need to stop thinking about this! I never thought about it this much before! I think I just need to get home and see my family and remind myself of the living, breathing, definitely real people who love me and give my life meaning. I'll probably be okay with this soon, I think once the shock of realising I don't believe any more has gone then I'll not give much thought to philosophy again as it is so exhausting!!!

(Original post by Markus4)
    I believed in God as a young child. I "lost my faith" several years ago when I was old enough to think for myself...

I feel alot wiser now: God probably doesnt exist.

I feel secure in my life with the knowledge that I am not one of the fools who proclaim God certainly exists, or one of the fools who proclaim God certainly doesnt exist.

We cant know, lets just live our lives and have a good time.
    Whilst I think you can be old enough to think for yourself and still believe in God (for though I was a theist, I had departed from religion a long time ago), I think you're undoubtedly right that we can't know so there's no point playing a fool and proclaiming the fact of one argument against another and I suppose the desire to live life and enjoy it unites everyone anyway and so my most basic goal in life is no different and I can still enjoy life without faith provided I stop probing into philosophy and unanswerable questions about the nature of our existence.

(Original post by Dragonfly07)
    I had problems with adjusting to certain habits after I lost faith in god.

I told myself that, since god doesn't exist, god wouldn't mind how my meat was killed before I ate it. I felt guilty whenever I ate any normal suermarket meat for a while though. Not because I thought it was wrong but because that feeling of guilt and fear of repercussion from god was ingrained in me since I was a child. The feeling that I was doing somehing wrong was more an instinct than anything else.

However, being aware of that and the potential implications it would have on my life, I forced myself to do certain things that I felt uncomfortable doing before (such as turning the light on and off on saturday). After a while of doing it the guilt goes away.

I know you said that your lifestyle hasnt changed at all, but maybe that feeling of being "lost" is a similar side effect and it would probably disappear over time.

Becoming atheist had the opposite problem on my brother than on me. He had no problem eating meat and working on saturday, but he did tell me that, like you, he felt lost. I never understood him, sorry.
    I think I my experience is similar to both that of you and your brother. Whilst I eat meat on Good Friday, for example, and have done easily ever since I left Christianity (when I was considerably younger), I still say a Hail Mary every time I hear a siren, just out of habit and the thought that someone somewhere is in need of a prayer... The difference between you and me, I think, though, is that I was not God-fearing but God-loving. Hence I haven't lost a fear of going to Hell or sinning or anything like that, I've just lost a notion of life-long love, so that even as my family grow old and die, God will still love me, you know?

I've never had a romantic relationship with anyone but maybe this is sort of what it feels like to go through a break-up with someone? Haha.

It's a loss of love, I think, that is the hard thing to face. But I'm sure in time I'll fill in the gap of God.

(Original post by Ayshizzle)
    I lost mine a while back, and have been fine with i since.

Since you didn't follow a particular lifestyle with it, why do you feel like you have no direction?

And I don't think you're going to have a lonely future, presumably you have family/friends.
    I do have family and friends but I think God was in another boat if you know what I mean. I have spent my life moving around regularly and as such my friendships come and go and I haven't got any friends I've known since birth or anything, most of my friends I've met very recently and I expect when I leave uni they'll change once again. I don't mind this but I think God provided something friendship doesn't: constant love. After all, you can't really fall out with God since you decide what sort of God you believe in. With regards to my family, I love them very much but I do have secrets from them and do feel isolated with regards to these issues. When I was growing up, God was more reliable than my family, I'd think it's fair to say, and I could discuss things with God that I was too ashamed to tell my family. I figured He knew anyway so there was no painful revelation or anything. No confrontation either.

I guess now I see that was me maybe answering and comforting myself. I guess this should make me feel stronger or something, that I've endured some of this stuff alone, but I didn't think I was alone at the time.

Anyway, I'm aware of how vague I'm being now. I'm just going to have to find love elsewhere and I guess that's going to be challenging because I can be quite a closed-off person. I suppose I might even be happier in the future if I can do this successfully. For a long time I have been pessimistic about the chances of having a partner in the future, I have viewed myself as "damaged goods" if you excuse the cliched expression and how stupidly dramatic this all sounds. :P But I'm feeling much better now having read all your replies and realising that it is probably this which is causing my sense of being lost and alone. There are like 6 billion people in the world. If I have a lonely life it will be one of my own making and choosing.

(Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    You're alive and able to experience existence, isn't that reason enough to live? The universe is still connected, in ways more fantastic that any religion could tell you. Did you know, for example, that we are all made of star stuff? Pick up some Carl Sagan at some point, you might find it helpful.
    I have done some brief research into Carl Sagan at your suggestion and it is very interesting and even somewhat inspirational. Although this will sound like an ignorant thing to say, it is a good feeling to realise that I can still marvel at the design or lack of design in the universe. I can still be thankful for it, even if I am giving thanks to chance and chaos rather than some higher entity. That said, I think I'm going to take a break from thinking about this stuff for the next few weeks if I can, just so I can come to terms with my loss of faith. :P

(Original post by KJane)
    I accepted that I'd lost faith in God and I wasn't going to force myself to believe in something that deep down I didn't. Tbh I feel better since, because I felt as though I should keep my beliefs quiet because they weren't compatiable with religious ones. And there is quite a lot of things inherent in religion, God and holy books that I simply don't agree with or contradict themselves.
    You are absolutely right. Although I stopped identifying with a particular religion a few years ago I am from a Catholic family and we all have beliefs that contradict the many things the Vatican is saying. Primarily, that the Irish Church scandals of Paedophilia and Child Abuse were exclusive and an Irish-only problem, as well as that contraception spreads AIDS and that homosexuality is an abomination.

I guess I may have been heading towards Atheism for a while and have only just admitted it to myself. Thank you very much for your response as I can see that whilst I have lost this notion of being loved by a constant, caring God, I have total freedom now to form my own ideas and opinions on things and to not feel inclined to suppress these feelings just because they don't fit with general Christian ideology / whatever the Vatican is spewing / whatever I think God would think.

I feel infinitely better for having read all your replies, and I'm feeling much more positive about not believing in God now so thanks again to all of you.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    I lost my faith when I was 17, but I never regained it. How I dealt with it.. for a period of time afterwards I felt very strongly the eyes of God on my back. I still had the mental habits of feeling the need for prayer and wondering what God thought of my actions. After a while these faded, now I'm glad I was able to make the transition. Like you, I never wanted to lose my faith; I became exposed to certain things that, over time, ebbed it away. I enjoyed my faith while I had it, but there's no way I could go back now, not even if I tried.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    I lost my faith when I was 17, but I never regained it. How I dealt with it.. for a period of time afterwards I felt very strongly the eyes of God on my back. I still had the mental habits of feeling the need for prayer and wondering what God thought of my actions. After a while these faded, now I'm glad I was able to make the transition. Like you, I never wanted to lose my faith; I became exposed to certain things that, over time, ebbed it away. I enjoyed my faith while I had it, but there's no way I could go back now, not even if I tried.
    As far as i can see you let yourself lose faith, you even admit that you still believe god exits, sort of contradicting yourself all the while. i think that you should read the pilgrims progress i read it in a time of struggle when i felt like god wasnt there and it really helped me to understand and see the bigger picture. why do you need to try and regain your faith? all faith is is believing which you already have. sometimes it may feel like god doesnt exist and he may not reply audiably (in reference to one of the first posts) but he certainly does make himself felt. Even during the time when i wasnt sure if i wanted to believe or not i still felt god existed, i couldnt deny it even if i wanted to. One of the things that continually was in my mind was that i couldnt deny that jesus lived and died for me, for i knew in my heart that he did and if i rejected him it would be like crucifying him all over again. People often think that being a christian means you cannot feel failure of feel disillusioned or be allowed to sin. well id happily admit that im more sinful than probably alot of christians and i despair at my sin. However i know that i am forgiven and that gives me hope even when i feel like i dont believe. i dont know if anybody has heard of the footprints story? it goes a bit like this...

One night a man had a dream. He dreamt he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints on the sand -- one belonging to him and the other to the Lord. When the last scene had flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints and he noticed only one set. He also noticed that this happened during the lowest and saddest times of his life. This bothered him and he questioned the Lord. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk all the way with me, but I noticed that during the most troublesome times of my life there was only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you deserted me."

The Lord replied, "My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, those were the times when I carried you in my arms."

so as we can see we need not lose faith of our own doings for god is loving and wants us to believe and have a relationship with him. nor does he mind that we turned our backs to him so long as we recognise that life is surely better with god and turn back to him. I think if any of you had really experienced god in a powerful way then you would hold onto the faith no matter what, through the storm, through it all....i believe we all have a chance to believe and we should trust, have faith, love and believe!
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arnoldcd)
    As far as i can see you let yourself lose faith, you even admit that you still believe god exits, sort of contradicting yourself all the while. i think that you should read the pilgrims progress i read it in a time of struggle when i felt like god wasnt there and it really helped me to understand and see the bigger picture. why do you need to try and regain your faith? all faith is is believing which you already have. sometimes it may feel like god doesnt exist and he may not reply audiably (in reference to one of the first posts) but he certainly does make himself felt. Even during the time when i wasnt sure if i wanted to believe or not i still felt god existed, i couldnt deny it even if i wanted to. One of the things that continually was in my mind was that i couldnt deny that jesus lived and died for me, for i knew in my heart that he did and if i rejected him it would be like crucifying him all over again. People often think that being a christian means you cannot feel failure of feel disillusioned or be allowed to sin. well id happily admit that im more sinful than probably alot of christians and i despair at my sin. However i know that i am forgiven and that gives me hope even when i feel like i dont believe. i dont know if anybody has heard of the footprints story? it goes a bit like this...

One night a man had a dream. He dreamt he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints on the sand -- one belonging to him and the other to the Lord. When the last scene had flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints and he noticed only one set. He also noticed that this happened during the lowest and saddest times of his life. This bothered him and he questioned the Lord. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk all the way with me, but I noticed that during the most troublesome times of my life there was only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you deserted me."

The Lord replied, "My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, those were the times when I carried you in my arms."

so as we can see we need not lose faith of our own doings for god is loving and wants us to believe and have a relationship with him. nor does he mind that we turned our backs to him so long as we recognise that life is surely better with god and turn back to him. I think if any of you had really experienced god in a powerful way then you would hold onto the faith no matter what, through the storm, through it all....i believe we all have a chance to believe and we should trust, have faith, love and believe!
    Well, actually I was doing the opposite. I had questions about my religion, my faith - real questions, not doubts - and I assumed that my faith was strong enough to withstand the answers those questions. I had questions about Christianity which I asked my family's immediate Christian community, but I often received conflicting answers (for example questions about dinosaurs, evolution, Noah's Ark or biblical literalism and teachings), and I thought that there were genuine answers to these. I wanted to strengthen my faith by finding these answers. I was devout, truly.

After I began to realise that the answers I was receiving from the Christians I knew in person mostly conflicted, I tried looking online. Online I discovered no reassurances, only the most incredible arguments, the sheer force of which I was completely unprepared to address. The arguments against my position were so strong, and my defences so weak, that there was nothing I could do. I tried to find arguments to counter them, to support Christianity, but simply exposing myself to the articulate explanations detailing the short-comings of my position, of religion in general, and giving a fair hearing to them, zapped my faith entirely over a period of a few weeks. There was no way for me to honestly reconcile Christian faith after exposure to atheism on the internet, I mean that.

You say that I admit that God still exists, I don't mean to. A personal frailty of mine wishes genuinely to be able to acknowledge a God, for there to be a God, a place to go, a person to comfort me when I need him. I want there to be a God, I want to believe in one, but only if it's genuine.

I have heard your story before. I enjoyed it when I was a Christian, but its meaning to me now is lost. It is comforting, or it was comforting to me. I'm not worried about God carrying me, but the people that genuinely suffer in this world. If God is truly benevolent, and truly almighty, he is horrible to let people suffer the ways in which they do. Truth be told, even if God was proven to me to exist, I can't respect him anymore. If I am wrong, and a God does exist, then he will have a lot to answer for when I meet him, and I don't particularly expect his omnibenevolence to reach me, because no doubt he will send me to hell for my doubts.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:

I feel this way sometimes about God...like he exists to give people something to believe in.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I'm gradually losing faith in God and religion in general. I'm going through a phase where I'm questioning things and thinking "why am I blindly following a religion?" I don't feel as though I've ever felt's God's presence. I don't think we can ever know if God exists. In my mind I just don't know. I've never been certain. Also I've lost faith in humanity and God due to stuff I've been through and stuff I've witnessed in my life and the world.

I think I'm becoming agnostic. I know some people with me if I ever left religion, but it's my life not theirs. I'm not a strict religious person anyway.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Tell that to Darwin.

OP, I went through the same thing in my late teens but mine was more of a crazed revelation where I started rolling around in piles of new-found atheist literature. I had never thought about atheism before, and suddenly I was, so it was like breathing some very fresh air.

However, I can sympathise with your feelings of a lack of direction and purpose. This is something all humans struggle with. A curse of our highly developed brains! Over the years since abandoning my old faith I have come to the view that while there is no point to my personal life other than doing whatever the hell I want to do, there IS a purpose to me, because I am just a tiny part in the endless cycle of the universe. A tiny cog that allows the universe to carry on, as is everything else in it; some are rather larger cogs than others, granted. When I die my body will be recycled back into the forever churning recycling plant that is the universe. So will you, the trees, rocks, animals. I find a strange beauty in that. It is a kind of higher purpose, even a kind of afterlife.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: November 1, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.