Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Foot Tattoos

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on getting a foot tattoo, and I've done a lot of research online and the general consensus is that they hurt like hell and can fade over time.
    I don't know anyone who has had a foot tattoo done, so can anyone tell me about their experiences? and how long it took to heal etc
    I've attached a picture of what I'm getting
    thanks
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	133510252843234.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	143396  
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have a tattoo from the heel to just before my big toe on my foot - a latin phrase running along the side, not on top. It didn't hurt too much and healed fairly quick. Had it for almost 5 months now, and it's held up well, but it will need redoing again at some point.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubixcyoob)
    I have a tattoo from the heel to just before my big toe on my foot - a latin phrase running along the side, not on top. It didn't hurt too much and healed fairly quick. Had it for almost 5 months now, and it's held up well, but it will need redoing again at some point.
    does it look faded? and how much was yours, if you don't mind me asking?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I know someone who had both of their feet heavily tattooed and they said it hurt like every other tattoo, but it's not as extremely unbearable as everyone makes it out to be.

Foot tattoos do fade a bit over time but you'll just have to get it re-touched to make it look new again when needed.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashaa18)
    does it look faded? and how much was yours, if you don't mind me asking?
    It doesn't look faded just now, in a few months it will probably need a little touch up, but nothing heavy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a foot tattoo and it was the most painful thing ever. Sort of felt like someone was drilling into my bones ha. I have tattoos on my wrists/chest/shoulder/back and it was SO much worse that any of those. I guess everyone is different. Mine has faded pretty badly but if I'm honest I think the tattooist was very inexperienced and it may have been as much to do with technique as location. That possibly could have been why it was SO much more painful as well.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tashaa18)
    I'm planning on getting a foot tattoo, and I've done a lot of research online and the general consensus is that they hurt like hell and can fade over time.
    I don't know anyone who has had a foot tattoo done, so can anyone tell me about their experiences? and how long it took to heal etc
    I've attached a picture of what I'm getting
    thanks
    If you're worried about it hurting you could use emla cream, I used it and know other people who did, didn't feel a thing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to say, lovely tattoo idea by the way.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love foot tattoos and tattoos in general. On most people they require more frequent touch-ups, and feet are generally quite bony so would be more painful than more fleshy places but no pain, no gain, I guess.
    Most artists suggest getting a foot tattoo in the springtime as you need to wear shoes that won't rub against it but it can't get too much direct sunlight, so that should be something you think about.

I've typed this whole thing not able to make out what the tattoo was of and now I've figured it out. An elephant on your foot you say? DO IT!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have one on the inside of my ankle, wasn't too painful at all.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 23, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.