Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best sound system for around £50?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looking for a decent 2.1 sound system for cheapish. My sister wants something that's simular quality to mine (but mine was £250) for cheapish. I told she'd be better off not getting an iPod dock and getting a sound system the running the headphone jack to it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camoxide)
    Looking for a decent 2.1 sound system for cheapish. My sister wants something that's simular quality to mine (but mine was £250) for cheapish. I told she'd be better off not getting an iPod dock and getting a sound system the running the headphone jack to it.

You wont find a good set of 2.1's for 50 quid. Get the creative Gigaworks T20
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/creat...speakers-black
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELs123)
    You wont find a good set of 2.1's for 50 quid. Get the creative Gigaworks T20
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/creat...speakers-black
    Doesn't have to be "good". Just good enough for Pop tunes and lots of base.

Edit: Negged? It's not for me T__T. It's for my sister and all she listens to is that top of the charts ****e.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've reccomend these http://www.useusa.co.uk/product.php?id_product=39941

Only problem is they're being imported from the USA ahha...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have you had a look at Logitech? I've had mine from there for about a year and had no problems with them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Box)
    Have you had a look at Logitech? I've had mine from there for about a year and had no problems with them.
    Yeah I showed her these

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/115409...7Cprd:11540905

But tbh the Corsair speakers would be much better. Logitech speakers are pretty ****e.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If she can stretch to about £80, the Microlab SOLO6C speakers are very good, even thought they're 2.0, they'd probably be much better than cheaper 2.1's.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I showed her these

But tbh the Corsair speakers would be much better. Logitech speakers are pretty ****e.
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/9407...html?srcid=369

no? Its 29 quid off amazon but 4 quid cheaper off that site.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Might be worth trying ebay or second hand shops. Either look for computer speakers or see if you can get an old Hifi amp and speakers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For that price I'd say you could grab yourself a set of Logitech X-540s (they're 5.1 rather than 2.1, but you can always just not plug in the surround speakers). You can get a set used around 50 or 60 quid, and they blow just about everything else in the price range out of the water. Obviously no comparison to a £300+ set of speakers, but for the price, the do what they do pretty damned well! They're marketed as computer speakers but I use mine for just about everything from listening to music to watching films and playing games. And for such small speakers, they go LOUD.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I showed her these

Based on the idea that they require a fairly rounded sound (if pop means synth/house/electronic etc), then I would recommend some Behringers but I'm not sure if you're looking for computer speakers or something stand alone to just put the MP3 player into. If not, then take a look at these Wharfedales (which I was actually pretty surprised to see as cheap as listed).

Hope that helps.

Wouldn't discount those Corsairs though.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANARCHY__)
    Based on the idea that they require a fairly rounded sound (if pop means synth/house/electronic etc), then I would recommend some Behringers but I'm not sure if you're looking for computer speakers or something stand alone to just put the MP3 player into. If not, then take a look at these Wharfedales (which I was actually pretty surprised to see as cheap as listed).

Hope that helps.

Wouldn't discount those Corsairs though.
    You've linked the Behringers twice.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    You've linked the Behringers twice.
    Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANARCHY__)
    Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.
    Needs an amp with those though. The Amptastic Mini T amp would be pretty good, but that amp prefers 8 ohms, but 6 shouldn't be too bad. But the amp is £65 which now doubles the budget. But that would probably sound very good for £100.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Needs an amp with those though. The Amptastic Mini T amp would be pretty good, but that amp prefers 8 ohms, but 6 shouldn't be too bad. But the amp is £65 which now doubles the budget. But that would probably sound very good for £100.
    Ah, good point. I'd completely forgot about adding in an amp. Mind if I ask you a question over PM (I don't want to take away from the OP's topic)?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sure, however I'm not an expert in hifi, just a slightly greater than passing interest. (unless this is about something else)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 23, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sound and vision threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.