The Student Room Group

higher english

hey, wondering how people go about planning critical essays in the exam? really stuck for how to answer specific questions on theme, attitude etc :/
Reply 1
Well really depending on what you're writing about, you're sort of repeating yourself for every essay but only with a different viewpoint each time. I am going to revise all my quotes, go over the essays I've practiced and possibly make up essay plans to essays I've not done before. I don't really plan on focussing much on poetry as for every past paper there's always been a question suitable for my drama (Hamlet) and novel (Sunset Song), both of which I'm feeling confident with despite only revising a day or 2 in advance of the prelim. As long as you do plenty practice and make sure you know your quotes and the context of whatever you're doing to a great extent, then you should be fine!
Reply 2
I'm planning on memorising Assisi and quotes, techniques from Schindlers List and then write a introduction/conclusion for each and memorise that too. Then just briefly memorise a structure and fit the questions around it in the exam.
Reply 3
Best advice is probably to learn your quotes off by heart and most of your analysis. Then go through past papers and pick the questions suitable to your novel/drama/poem and make a plan of what you would write in that situation - this gives you good practice on a variety of different questions which could come up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending